April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by telescreen00
Ah, the work place... They always bombard you with horrible snacks and treats. That is such a temptation for me also. They always have cookies or chocolate sitting out... Darn them.
"darn them" is nicer than what i was thinking....hahah
Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
"darn them" is nicer than what i was thinking....hahah
Now, Kaitlin, this is a "G" rated forum.

Personally, I find it much easier just to abstain from ANY of the crap at work. And working at a school, there is always stuff in the teacher's room. Yeah, it's free, and yeah, it would taste good for a few seconds, but it's just not worth it to me. That's my coping strategy and I'll be the first to admit that I have a "problem" with that type of food. Other of you more "normal" folks can probably deal with it in moderation.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

I know what you mean- it is one of my biggest downfalls. I can eat an entire bag of candy corn if i'd let myself. I try to have control but those sweets....

I am going to the movies this friday with my boyfriend and i am already thinking- candy, popcorn, and soda.. oh my. I am going to bring some healthy type of snack for myself...but it stinks.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I will join. I am 166.6 so I will shoot for 17 pounds.

Should bring me to 149.6
Old 01-06-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tavuskushu
I will join. I am 166.6 so I will shoot for 17 pounds.

Should bring me to 149.6
Awesome! And welcome to the FitDay forums--nice to have you on board.

Go ahead and "copy" the list from the last post in the April Fools Challenge Check in threat, "paste" it into a new thread and add your info to the list (alpha order, please to keep the list neat). Each time you weigh in, you can "copy and paste" the list again and update your progress.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about the challenge or anything else, for that matter.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
I know what you mean- it is one of my biggest downfalls. I can eat an entire bag of candy corn if i'd let myself. I try to have control but those sweets....

I am going to the movies this friday with my boyfriend and i am already thinking- candy, popcorn, and soda.. oh my. I am going to bring some healthy type of snack for myself...but it stinks.
Here's my movie strategy: Find a large empty purse, preferably one with Tinkerbell on it, but the choice is yours. Pop yourself a bag of 96% ff popcorn in the micro at home right before you leave, and stick it hot straight into the purse. Also pack a small fist full of sugarless hard candy or gum, whatever floats your boat, so long as it's not too many calories. Believe it or not I sometimes use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but instead of tossing them down with gusto I let them slowly melt in my mouth, it takes quite a while to eat 1/4 cup that way, M&M's are also good for that especially the pretzel variety. When you get to the movies, buy a large diet soda and ask for extra ice (this is to munch on between bites of corn or to munch on once the corn is gone). Then find a good seat and once the light dim open up the goody bag and do what you came to do, eat a snack and enjoy the show. Oh it's also good if you eat before you go, slows you down a little.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Here's my movie strategy: Find a large empty purse, preferably one with Tinkerbell on it, but the choice is yours. Pop yourself a bag of 96% ff popcorn in the micro at home right before you leave, and stick it hot straight into the purse. Also pack a small fist full of sugarless hard candy or gum, whatever floats your boat, so long as it's not too many calories. Believe it or not I sometimes use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but instead of tossing them down with gusto I let them slowly melt in my mouth, it takes quite a while to eat 1/4 cup that way, M&M's are also good for that especially the pretzel variety. When you get to the movies, buy a large diet soda and ask for extra ice (this is to munch on between bites of corn or to munch on once the corn is gone). Then find a good seat and once the light dim open up the goody bag and do what you came to do, eat a snack and enjoy the show. Oh it's also good if you eat before you go, slows you down a little.

maybe i'll throw some semi-sweet chips in the popcorn - yummy. great ideas...
Old 01-06-2011, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Perfect for me too!

Just signed up today! I am going to join you, looking for a group to lose and keep in contact with. I am 200 and want to be 180 by April. That would be amazing!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Just signed up this week, but I'm in too. . .10% for me would be 17 pounds, but my goal is 20 pounds by April 1st!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ghmom1007
Just signed up this week, but I'm in too. . .10% for me would be 17 pounds, but my goal is 20 pounds by April 1st!
Great goal, though 04/01 will be here before we know it!

Post your info in the Check-in thread if you like. And welcome to the Challenge!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.