April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-04-2011, 03:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
I did my calculations today and i found out i would have to cut my calories by 700kcal per day and i immediately thought... i can't do it... i still keep thinking this, i can never make 700kcal deficit my average nowdays is between 3-400 so i'm aiming for almost double. But i remember when giving birth to my LO, i also screamed that i can't do it, and i did it. What's 700kcal compared to childbirth, huh i admit, i am not sure, but i will do my best.
So what deficeit have you been running? I figure my calorie burn is down to around 3,000 a day and I have seen my rate of loss slow down. I've kept the same 1500-1600 calorie intake that I started with (back when my daily burn was closer to 4,000).

Conventional wisdom seems to indicate that one should not generally go below 1200 calories so as to minimize any muscle loss. With good choices, even 1200 caloris should be fairly comfortable. I am seldom "really" hungry on my 1500 limit.

You do have to eat good foods that keep you full. I also space my meals out so that I never have a chance to get "really" hungry.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
How healthy is the "fasting"? Anyone have any info on that?
There are some articles "out there". I posted some of my fasting experiences in G'Day's thread over in the Diets subforum. I'm happy to share my expericences (good and bad) but I'll freely admit I'm no expert.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by telescreen00
I completely understand the bingeing. It is so hard sometimes to not give up. I took an article from Jillian Michael's and stuck it on the fridge and cupboards so when I am tempted to eat something "bad" I see her and think to myself, "What would Jillian say about this?" lol Seems to be working but we will see how it goes.

Don't give up. Just logging back onto fitday and sticking with the challenge is a great success.
When I was in collage a friend of mine was complaining that his mother was dieting and had rigged up the refrigerator door to play a BeeGee's song whenever it was opened. She also had photos of the lead singer taped to both the outside and inside of the refrigerator and microwave. The BeeGee's wouldn't be all that motivational for me, but maybe there's a way the fridge could be rigged to slap me up side the head and flash my calorie intake for the day. And if that didn't stop me it would flash an embarrassing stat out at the corner for the whole world to see, like "Amy's already eaten 1,100 calories for the day but still she's stuffing her face with another one of those chocolate pudding cups. Her butt's gonna be bigger tomorrow for sure".

I have never used fasting as a diet method. But recently I had the flu really bad and ended up unwillingly fasting for 10 days straight, I lost 15 pounds between the last week of Nov and the first week in December. Now a month later I weigh the same as I did before the flu struck me down, so from my experience fasting works really well in the short term, but is in no way shape or form a way to lose weight and keep it off. Also the weight I lost was not fat, my digestive tract was just empty. And Michael is right the muscle cramps are the worst.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-04-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
So what deficeit have you been running? I figure my calorie burn is down to around 3,000 a day and I have seen my rate of loss slow down. I've kept the same 1500-1600 calorie intake that I started with (back when my daily burn was closer to 4,000).

Regards,
Michael
i live on plus minus 1900-2000kcal I am exclusively nursing a 3month old baby, that means, he is getting all his milk from me only ( i guess that's what makes me so hungry sometimes) i tried very hard to get under 1700kcal but my blood sugar was too low. Over the last 2 months, according to fitday calculations, i should have lost some 4lb only, but i lost over 13lb, feeding a baby burns about 300-500kcal. I don't include these extra calories in my activity log, because i can't measure that accurately. My average output is around 2300-2400kcal, outside Chistmas season it's around 2600kcal because i walk much more. I would die on 1200kcal LOL i used to eat a lot, at least 3000kcal, if not more, and I cut out all the biscuits, sugar, full fat cheese, all that junk, so I count that as a big achievement.
As someone once said, even small steps will get you there.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

If anyone is looking for some motivation tonight the newest season of Biggest Loser starts tonight!!! I'm so excited for this season...looks amazing.

Also, as of weigh-ins go...I won't be weighing in again until Jan 21st once I'm off the cruise ship and had a few days of recovery from all the "bad" food I'll probably eat while on vacation. Hoping not to gain any weight lol.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

Is it too late to Join
I would have 10.5 kg to lose but its still worth a shot ^^
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Dania260
Is it too late to Join
I would have 10.5 kg to lose but its still worth a shot ^^
So that's what, around 21, 22 pounds? That will take some work, but it's doable, I think. Please do join us! Post up your info in the Check in thread and we'll get this party started!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Great idea...count me in. 10% by April's fool is about 28lbs in 13 weeks....somewhat ambitious, but one needs something to strive towards. I am 4 days in as a 'retread'. I am eating at a 1000 cal deficiet, using a balance ball routine (pilates/ yoga style)....one day at a time.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Great idea...count me in. 10% by April's fool is about 28lbs in 13 weeks....somewhat ambitious, but one needs something to strive towards. I am 4 days in as a 'retread'. I am eating at a 1000 cal deficiet, using a balance ball routine (pilates/ yoga style)....one day at a time.
Awesome--welcome aboard. Yup, that will take some work, but the math more-or-less works out. Let's put the pedal to the metal and do it!!!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up I'm in!

I just joined and am just learning all the tools that are here. I saw someone mention an April Fool's challenge and thought that would be a good way for me to start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.