April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Kaitlin, only 15 to go--good for you! And nice work on the extra exercise. I'm afraid I was a bit lax during vacation. I do really well with a set schedule so I'll be back to doing my lunchtime walk now that we're back to work.

Regards,
Michael
wooooop wooooop- 15 to go!! yahooooo! i love the instant repsponses on here! exactly what i needed.

I wish i could workout at lunchtime- maybe i'll do strength training? any office work out things i could do? suggestions?

also- know that i am trying to build my ab muscles - i am striving to see them- I WANT DEFINITION!...anywho, will this make me gain weight?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
wooooop wooooop- 15 to go!! yahooooo! i love the instant repsponses on here! exactly what i needed.

I wish i could workout at lunchtime- maybe i'll do strength training? any office work out things i could do? suggestions?

also- know that i am trying to build my ab muscles - i am striving to see them- I WANT DEFINITION!...anywho, will this make me gain weight?
Hey, I try to be right on top of things--I DO have to log off FitDay once in a while, though

I've been thinking about getting one of those big exercise balls to use at work. I sit on my a-double-q (as my Gram used to say) pretty much all day--there's no reason I couldn't use it at my desk. Supposedly they are good for your core muscles, back, abs, etc.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so yup, it is possible to gain weight if you increase muscle mass, but in a good way. Plus, muscle burns lots more calories than fat, so you get to eat more. A good trade off, I think. Weight, after all, isn't everything.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, I try to be right on top of things--I DO have to log off FitDay once in a while, though

I've been thinking about getting one of those big exercise balls to use at work. I sit on my a-double-q (as my Gram used to say) pretty much all day--there's no reason I couldn't use it at my desk. Supposedly they are good for your core muscles, back, abs, etc.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so yup, it is possible to gain weight if you increase muscle mass, but in a good way. Plus, muscle burns lots more calories than fat, so you get to eat more. A good trade off, I think. Weight, after all, isn't everything.

Regards,
Michael

I know weight is not everything- i am thinking about taking some pictures- maybe before, midpoint, and then after- i am the type of person who needs to be able to see my results. To be honest though, taking those pictures scares me!!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I know weight is not everything- i am thinking about taking some pictures- maybe before, midpoint, and then after- i am the type of person who needs to be able to see my results. To be honest though, taking those pictures scares me!!
Not a bad idea, though you're already 20 down!

I've thought about seeing if I can find a pre-May pic of me, though whether I'd dare to post it on the 'net or not is another story--don't want to end up on one of those supposedly funny "Inspirational" posters that make fun of people. I have been pretty shy around cameras the last few years. I wouldn't mind posting a more recent picture, now that I'm getting somewhere close to "normal".

I think you should do some pics, even if just for yourself. Don't even look at them, if you like--burn 'em on a CD and put them away. If you need inspiration in the future, get them out and take a peek.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

I've taken pictures on 29th December and will take them each month during this challenge.

I too like to see physical change so hopefully something will happen!

My god I look bad in the pictures!

Ah well I'll be a cover model soon lol
Old 01-03-2011, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

By popular demand (well, not really but it sounds good) I throw down the gauntlet to my fellow "FitDay Losers" (perhaps I should rethink that name) to lose 10% of our body weight by April 1st.

I like to weigh in on Saturday mornings, but to each his or her own.

I'll start:

12/18/10 300 lbs. so I need to lose 30 pounds to meet the challenge so my goal for 04/01/11 is 270 lbs.

Who's in?

Regards,
Michael
Just What I need... Im in!!!
Im starting at 309.
Striving to be 270 by this date!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by fynetae
Just What I need... Im in!!!
Im starting at 309.
Striving to be 270 by this date!
So another "Loser" accepts the challenge!

39 lbs. in 12 weeks is really aggressive--not sayin' it can't be done but you'll have to work it hard. When you're starting out the weight comes off really fast at first though so that will help.

Keep us posted as to your progress and don't hesitate to speak up if there's anything we can do to help!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Cool

Hey guys! Is it too late to join? I will weigh in on Sunday mornings because that is when I have access to a scale.

I would love help with motivation and would hope to offer some motivation back at you!

Right now I am at 163 so let's round to 16 lbs. My goal was 15 but I never put a date on it. Guess I am now!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

I am new here today and will join this challenge. Currently at 227, I will aim for 200 by April 1st.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by telescreen00
Hey guys! Is it too late to join? I will weigh in on Sunday mornings because that is when I have access to a scale.

I would love help with motivation and would hope to offer some motivation back at you!

Right now I am at 163 so let's round to 16 lbs. My goal was 15 but I never put a date on it. Guess I am now!
Welcome. Too late? Nah! Plenty of time to make 16 pounds dissapear! Figure out your plan and work it. Let us know if you have questions.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.