Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 02-21-2011, 12:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
Hello everyone!

Mike- great weightloss- 3 lbs is huge! I am so happy that you are so close to reaching your goal!

I weighed in at 191.4 this morning (.2 gain) however i am going to weigh in tomorrow as well- this weekend i did well at keeping my impusle eating at a low but did enjoy some foods that i normally would not have indulged in. I worked out everyday on my vacation t, f, s, and s! I jogged/walked for about 2 miles each day. Once again kinda let down that i had a small gain but overall last week was messed up because i was so sick at the start of the week!

5 weeks left of the challenge which means about 2 lbs/week that needs to be removed off my body! I know i can do this i just need to stick with my diet and working out.

Plan to work out 5-6/week, stay below 1,600 cals, stay positive and do not let this gain get me down...

It feels like I have so far to go in such a short period of time!!
Sounds like you're back on track. Keep it up!

And don't stress about artificial time limits--you know as well as I do that "life happens" and that our bodies don't always stick to the schedule we impose upon them.

Thanks for the kind words--I'm not sure everyone would consider 100 pounds to go "close" to goal, but it's one heck of a lot closer than 265 pounds away was!

And if I can keep up my more-or-less 2.75 lbs per week average I should be pretty close to where I want to be at the end of the year.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-21-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Diet Ebooks

Hi. I am an annoying spammer. I joined FitDay for the express purpose of hawking my diet book and wasting your time. Uh oh, it seems I've attracted the attention of a mod...I see my post fading awwwaaaayyyy......

Last edited by mecompco; 02-21-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: SPAM
Old 02-22-2011, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

Well, it looks like we only have a little over a month until the end of this challenge. I just have to lose 17 pounds in that time and I'll meet the deadline! That may be a little ambitious, but I believe I can make it (or at least come very close).

How's everyone else doing?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default oh the little things...

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Well, it looks like we only have a little over a month until the end of this challenge. I just have to lose 17 pounds in that time and I'll meet the deadline! That may be a little ambitious, but I believe I can make it (or at least come very close).

How's everyone else doing?
Doing well! I am at 190.4 today which just gets me that much closer to my goal of 180! It willbe hard to drop the ten pounds as the weight is getting harder to shred but with some will-power i know i can do this!

Week is going pretty good thus far- worked out Monday and Tuesday; decided to bump up my cardio to one hour which is showing results!

I've been struggling a little bit with family and friends though- i guess they see me as "obsessive" about calories and working out.. I know I talk about it a lot but this is what i am currently doing for myself, so ofcourse i am going to talk about it. I am not obsessive- i am jsut comitted to this new lifestyle and yes it does impact my choices.. I shouldent feel bad about that. Anyone ever experiance this?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

I figured i can't fight the counter every day untill 1 april, as i thought checking in the weight once a month is best for me . I will leave the final epic battle for 01.04.2011 ^^. Anybody with me ?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

sadly- i can not! I weigh myself throughout the week - it helps keep me motivated. I fear that if i did not weigh myself I would not hold myself accountable for everything that goes into my mouth!

best of luck to you!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I can't join you in staying off the scale, I need that reality check. By nature I'm way to optimistic and I talk myself into bad behavior after 3-4 minutes of good behavior, you know to reward myself and all.

Having a rough day so far. DD locked the keys in the car, but that's okay we have On-Star. So with a phone call we got the doors unlocked and I drove the kids to school, only to discovered that it's a freakin' snow day. When I checked the website at 6:00am there were only 3 schools out for the day and every last one of them was 50 miles west of here. If they are going to call school off every time there is a flake of snow, I would like some of my many tax dollars back please. This is the 3rd day this week they haven't had school and it's only Thursday, we're supposed to get more tonight so maybe we'll go for four. Oh yeah.

I have 2 days to finish DD's costume for Saturday and now I have 5 kids here with me trashing the house. Not only that, but FIL called last night and he's coming Friday night and staying over to attend the thing on Saturday, so now I also have to dip the house in bleach because he's a freaking neat freak. He also has a bad back, but that won't stop him from dropping down to all fours and cleaning my house (I did mention that he's a clean freak right?). Oh yes, my life is filled with joy at the moment. Gotta go, just heard a loud crash from upstairs, I think the kids tipped over a dresser or some such. I feel a snowman building challenge coming on...
Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

I feel your pain almeekeer, you should have stopped at 2 kids . Too bad i dont have anyone one my side , this works for me ... too see once in a month on the scale and shout in my mind ... "OMG 10 .. 15 .. 20 pounds off" ^^
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Too bad I missed this

I really like the idea of losing 10% by a goal - too bad I missed this thread. I am still going to start the challenge, but I will give myself until June 1 - does that sound fair? 16 lbs
Old 02-24-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by usrbsdl1
I really like the idea of losing 10% by a goal - too bad I missed this thread. I am still going to start the challenge, but I will give myself until June 1 - does that sound fair? 16 lbs
Well, right after this challenge ends there's going to be a July 4th 10% challenge, so you might just want to wait for that one. Or better yet get a head start on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.