Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-19-2011, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone, nice job on the losses And welcome to the new faces in the challenge.

I upped my calories for most of last week to 2000 per day (instead of 1500), because I felt I was losing too fast. I still managed to lose over a pound though. This week I'll try to go somewhere in between 1500-2000.

Also, my pants from my first job (when I was 16, almost 10 years ago) fit perfectly now, and most of the rest are too big. Time to do some shopping I guess.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

wheres the check in thread?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cscan1
wheres the check in thread?
The Check in thread is located here:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...nge-check.html

Welcome to the Challenge!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by travbrad
Hey everyone, nice job on the losses And welcome to the new faces in the challenge.

I upped my calories for most of last week to 2000 per day (instead of 1500), because I felt I was losing too fast. I still managed to lose over a pound though. This week I'll try to go somewhere in between 1500-2000.

Also, my pants from my first job (when I was 16, almost 10 years ago) fit perfectly now, and most of the rest are too big. Time to do some shopping I guess.
Man, you are cookin' with gas! 14 pounds down!

My loss has tapered off to around 2 lbs a week, which is perfect. I swore I wouldn't get crazy and lose weight as fast as I did last time. I think a more reasonable weight loss is to be preferred.

I hear 'ya on the pants situation. Finally got into my 44s--it's a good thing I still have all my clothes from "last time". I've got a LOT of XL and L clothes that I'm looking forward to wearing this summer.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

travbrad- good for you! you ARE getting that weight off quickly!!!

FOOD: last week i made cabbage soup which was my first experiance with cabbage..well preparing it myself. Anywho- tonight i cooked the cabbage and put 2 cups of it in a bowl with 1/2 cup pasta sauce- (roughly 220 calories total) and it tasted like PASTA! I could not believe it- i loved it! Cabbage is my new best friend!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

hohooo i lost a pound and not just any silly old pound, this one was the cursed 166th one that held on me like if stuck with Superglue for the last 6 weeks or so. I am falling behind in my plan, I'm not sure how much (not much though, according to the graph) but now it should be better.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
hohooo i lost a pound and not just any silly old pound, this one was the cursed 166th one that held on me like if stuck with Superglue for the last 6 weeks or so. I am falling behind in my plan, I'm not sure how much (not much though, according to the graph) but now it should be better.
Hey, good for you! Time's flying, but you can still make it by 04/01 I think. Keep on keepin' on!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-20-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Well, it looks like I am on the hormonal upswing again. My weight loss was ahead of schedule anyway. I am not expecting a loss when I step on the scale tomorrow morning.

Hey, Kaitlin, I always like cabbage done al dente. Spaghetti squash is good as a softer pasta alternative.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

I just signed up in the April Fools Challenge. Looking to lose a full 35 pounds by 4/01. That may be a little much for so soon, but I'm going for it.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
I just signed up in the April Fools Challenge. Looking to lose a full 35 pounds by 4/01. That may be a little much for so soon, but I'm going for it.
Welcome to the challenge. 35 in 9 weeks is pretty aggressive, but it can be done. You'll be losing fastest since your're just getting started. Go for it!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 01-20-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.