April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
OH MY I ALMOST MISSED THE GREATEST PART; This weekend I went to buy a few new things as nothing fits anymore...and I bought a pair of skinny jeans from old navy- size 12!! size 12!! I started this journey at a size 16.

I cant wait to finish this journey out strong!
Kaitlin, that's great--congrats on the skinny jeans!

This is my first day in my 42" Wranglers (still in 44" Levis as they fit a bit more snugly)! I've got quite the collection of every size from 38" up to 60".

Keep up the awesome progress!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Down to the wire!

Hey gang, looks like we're in the final stretch--five days left! Can't believe how fast it's gone by.

The scale shows 258.5 this morning, but I'm going with 259 for Challenge purposes. I many not quite hit 255 by 04/01 but it's going to be darned close. In any case, I'm pretty pleased to be in the "Fifties" .

If my body keeps up this 3lb a week pace, I should be able to do another 15% of body weigth for the July Challenge. That would put me down around 217 . I realize I'll really need to pump up the exercise this summer but I'm sort of looking forward to it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-26-2011, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Today's my wedding anniversary (17 years) so last night was a big meal out and I've had a few corporate events during the week. This morning's scales said I'd put on 7lb!

I'm hoping that a lot of that is last night's meal still in my system. It's an awful lot of weight to have regained.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
Today's my wedding anniversary (17 years) so last night was a big meal out and I've had a few corporate events during the week. This morning's scales said I'd put on 7lb!

I'm hoping that a lot of that is last night's meal still in my system. It's an awful lot of weight to have regained.
When I took a 7 day cruise last November, I gained 6 pounds, but I lost it all in just one week. I think those kind of gains must come mostly from water retention from all the salt. I'll bet that if you put in a good week of food and exercise, it will fall right off. Weeks like that are going to happen, but as long as you get right back to your plan, that's the important thing. What's an extra week in your weight loss journey, anyway?

I'm still doubting I'm going to make the 10% goal by next week, but we will see. I only weigh once a month, so it will be a surprise until the 1st. Either way, I know I've done what I could, and the weight comes off when it wants to. Congrats to everyone who has made progress, whether you hit your goal or not. The important thing is to keep heading in a healthy direction and you will reach your goal eventually.

I'm sending special encouragement to the slow losers (like me!) to keep at it. I'm so impressed with the pounds everyone in this challenge has lost already, and I know we can all finish out the last week strong. Well done, losers!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 3 Days Left!

Three days left 'til we start the next challenge--everyone ready?

I'm upping my lunch time walk another two 10ths of a mile starting tomorrow to 1.7 miles in under 30 minutes (on my way to a full two miles) to help burn more cals.

I'd really like to hit 225 by the Fourth of July--we'll see!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Three days left 'til we start the next challenge--everyone ready?

I'm upping my lunch time walk another two 10ths of a mile starting tomorrow to 1.7 miles in under 30 minutes (on my way to a full two miles) to help burn more cals.

I'd really like to hit 225 by the Fourth of July--we'll see!

Regards,
Michael
I am SO ready. It doesn't look like I'm going to reach 323 by this Friday, as I'm still hovering at 327, but then again 31 pounds in just over 2 months is nothing to feel bad about, especially considering I started the challenge a little late. The point is, I'm DEFINITELY going to meet the next one. I'm looking to break that 300 milestone this time around. That's at least 28 pounds in 4 months. Should be a breeze.

In fact I'm going to go ahead and edit my signature with details for the new challenge.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:08 PM
FitDay Member

Amazing jobs everyone! Props to all of you.
You have all done amazing on the April 10% challange!! I am totally jealous so I am on board for the 4th of july challenge ! Means 24 pounds to lose. *eep* I'm very excited! Might edit my signature early as well VirusInside!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
FitDay Member

Yup! Time to move forward with the next challenge. I know my work schedule messed me up for the final month, but I can rest easy in knowing that ...

Shoot, I will be going to my mom's for the last month of the next challenge.

I can still do it.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
I am SO ready. It doesn't look like I'm going to reach 323 by this Friday, as I'm still hovering at 327, but then again 31 pounds in just over 2 months is nothing to feel bad about, especially considering I started the challenge a little late. The point is, I'm DEFINITELY going to meet the next one. I'm looking to break that 300 milestone this time around. That's at least 28 pounds in 4 months. Should be a breeze.

In fact I'm going to go ahead and edit my signature with details for the new challenge.
Originally Posted by Misery16226
Amazing jobs everyone! Props to all of you.
You have all done amazing on the April 10% challange!! I am totally jealous so I am on board for the 4th of july challenge ! Means 24 pounds to lose. *eep* I'm very excited! Might edit my signature early as well VirusInside!
Originally Posted by rainbow24
Yup! Time to move forward with the next challenge. I know my work schedule messed me up for the final month, but I can rest easy in knowing that ...

Shoot, I will be going to my mom's for the last month of the next challenge.

I can still do it.
Great enthusiasm! We'll do it! Real spring is just around the corner (though it's still dragging it's feet up here in Maine) so we can get outdoors and be more active which should help.

I've updated my sig goals as well--I don't see any reason (other than laziness) that I can't be under 200 by the end of the Columbus Day Challenge and my final weight goal by the end of the year.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zootnarf
<snip> I think those kind of gains must come mostly from water retention from all the salt. I'll bet that if you put in a good week of food and exercise, it will fall right off.</snip>
It looks like you're right. 4 of those extra pounds have come back off already.

I'll be in for the next challenge. I should weigh about 155 on April 1st. I had a target of 150 but I'm going to drop that to 145. My "healthy" BMI would be at 140lb but that seems too low. So I'm in for the 10% challenge but may become satisfied part way through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.