Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree0Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #121
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Kaitlin, only 15 to go--good for you! And nice work on the extra exercise. I'm afraid I was a bit lax during vacation. I do really well with a set schedule so I'll be back to doing my lunchtime walk now that we're back to work.

Regards,
Michael
wooooop wooooop- 15 to go!! yahooooo! i love the instant repsponses on here! exactly what i needed.

I wish i could workout at lunchtime- maybe i'll do strength training? any office work out things i could do? suggestions?

also- know that i am trying to build my ab muscles - i am striving to see them- I WANT DEFINITION!...anywho, will this make me gain weight?
__________________
Kaitlin
[/COLOR]


I am worth ALL of this effort
and so are you...
kcolville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #122
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
wooooop wooooop- 15 to go!! yahooooo! i love the instant repsponses on here! exactly what i needed.

I wish i could workout at lunchtime- maybe i'll do strength training? any office work out things i could do? suggestions?

also- know that i am trying to build my ab muscles - i am striving to see them- I WANT DEFINITION!...anywho, will this make me gain weight?
Hey, I try to be right on top of things--I DO have to log off FitDay once in a while, though

I've been thinking about getting one of those big exercise balls to use at work. I sit on my a-double-q (as my Gram used to say) pretty much all day--there's no reason I couldn't use it at my desk. Supposedly they are good for your core muscles, back, abs, etc.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so yup, it is possible to gain weight if you increase muscle mass, but in a good way. Plus, muscle burns lots more calories than fat, so you get to eat more. A good trade off, I think. Weight, after all, isn't everything.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #123
FitDay Member
 
kcolville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Hey, I try to be right on top of things--I DO have to log off FitDay once in a while, though

I've been thinking about getting one of those big exercise balls to use at work. I sit on my a-double-q (as my Gram used to say) pretty much all day--there's no reason I couldn't use it at my desk. Supposedly they are good for your core muscles, back, abs, etc.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so yup, it is possible to gain weight if you increase muscle mass, but in a good way. Plus, muscle burns lots more calories than fat, so you get to eat more. A good trade off, I think. Weight, after all, isn't everything.

Regards,
Michael

I know weight is not everything- i am thinking about taking some pictures- maybe before, midpoint, and then after- i am the type of person who needs to be able to see my results. To be honest though, taking those pictures scares me!!
__________________
Kaitlin
[/COLOR]


I am worth ALL of this effort
and so are you...
kcolville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #124
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
I know weight is not everything- i am thinking about taking some pictures- maybe before, midpoint, and then after- i am the type of person who needs to be able to see my results. To be honest though, taking those pictures scares me!!
Not a bad idea, though you're already 20 down!

I've thought about seeing if I can find a pre-May pic of me, though whether I'd dare to post it on the 'net or not is another story--don't want to end up on one of those supposedly funny "Inspirational" posters that make fun of people. I have been pretty shy around cameras the last few years. I wouldn't mind posting a more recent picture, now that I'm getting somewhere close to "normal".

I think you should do some pics, even if just for yourself. Don't even look at them, if you like--burn 'em on a CD and put them away. If you need inspiration in the future, get them out and take a peek.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #125
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolville View Post
I know weight is not everything- i am thinking about taking some pictures- maybe before, midpoint, and then after- i am the type of person who needs to be able to see my results. To be honest though, taking those pictures scares me!!
I've taken pictures on 29th December and will take them each month during this challenge.

I too like to see physical change so hopefully something will happen!

My god I look bad in the pictures!

Ah well I'll be a cover model soon lol
__________________
10% by April Fools day

Start Date - 29th December 2010
Start Weight - 212
Target Date - 1st April 2011
Target Weight - 190

Current Weight - 210
Current Loss - 2
GDay2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #126
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
By popular demand (well, not really but it sounds good) I throw down the gauntlet to my fellow "FitDay Losers" (perhaps I should rethink that name) to lose 10% of our body weight by April 1st.

I like to weigh in on Saturday mornings, but to each his or her own.

I'll start:

12/18/10 300 lbs. so I need to lose 30 pounds to meet the challenge so my goal for 04/01/11 is 270 lbs.

Who's in?

Regards,
Michael
Just What I need... Im in!!!
Im starting at 309.
Striving to be 270 by this date!
fynetae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #127
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynetae View Post
Just What I need... Im in!!!
Im starting at 309.
Striving to be 270 by this date!
So another "Loser" accepts the challenge!

39 lbs. in 12 weeks is really aggressive--not sayin' it can't be done but you'll have to work it hard. When you're starting out the weight comes off really fast at first though so that will help.

Keep us posted as to your progress and don't hesitate to speak up if there's anything we can do to help!

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #128
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Cool

Hey guys! Is it too late to join? I will weigh in on Sunday mornings because that is when I have access to a scale.

I would love help with motivation and would hope to offer some motivation back at you!

Right now I am at 163 so let's round to 16 lbs. My goal was 15 but I never put a date on it. Guess I am now!
telescreen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #129
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Default

I am new here today and will join this challenge. Currently at 227, I will aim for 200 by April 1st.
duane1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #130
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telescreen00 View Post
Hey guys! Is it too late to join? I will weigh in on Sunday mornings because that is when I have access to a scale.

I would love help with motivation and would hope to offer some motivation back at you!

Right now I am at 163 so let's round to 16 lbs. My goal was 15 but I never put a date on it. Guess I am now!
Welcome. Too late? Nah! Plenty of time to make 16 pounds dissapear! Figure out your plan and work it. Let us know if you have questions.

Regards,
Michael
__________________
47 M 5'8"

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
challenge

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On