Notices

Evaluation, so important!

Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Evaluation, so important!

This is a post in the weight loss thread, which is kind of unusual for me. It's getting towards my 'anniversary' and, having to attend my works Chritmas night out has really made me think.

This time last year, I DREADED such an occasion. I didn't know what to wear, resorted to big, black shapeless clothes. Not this year. This is not about boasting about how well I have done; this is about sharing how you really CAN achieve your goals. You have to have that initial motivation to decide, it's not a 'diet' it's what I want and deserve for myself. Diets are designed to fail, taking responsibility for your own health and happiness is not. My handy hints:

1. Look at EVERYTHING you eat on a daily basis.

2. Check your weight, height, measurements.

3. Seriously, look at the health implications.

4. Make a stand, (or alternatively have a cheeseburger while you think about it....we all know where that leads!)

5. Go for it! Exercise when you can, how you can. You don't have to become a marathon runner, just move around a bit!

6. Stop messing about, just get on board. The last eleven months (and they flew by!) have made an enormous difference in my life, I had my own motivation, find yours. And work hard for it.

I am almost at my goal. This time next year, as impossible as it may seem right now, you could be too. I am so thankful for this site, the help, support and just being able to log everything daily.

Please, please, make the most of it and find it in you not to just 'diet' but to change your whole approach to food, fitness, and health.

Best of luck to all, old and new xxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gallusgal
I am almost at my goal. This time next year, as impossible as it may seem right now, you could be too.
sometimes I wonder if I'll ever hit a goal that I'm content with.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, great job. Keep up the good work. You look younger too!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
sometimes I wonder if I'll ever hit a goal that I'm content with.
Would you go back to how you were? You have achieved so much, it's good that you are hungry for more, but don't take anything away from yourself. You have done yourself proud so far, where you go from here is up to you.

You are an inspiration to all of us, don't sell yourself short.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Great topic and i agree with everything One year ago i had just started and had lost about 5-10 pounds at this point...
Christmas party i didn't go to as i had a focus on health and losing weight. Even Christmas dinner was healthier than i had ever had.

The last year has gone by quick and yes if someone is just reading this, start now and don't look back!! It is so worth it and my life has changed so much for the better.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

I just love reading about the success of others. I'll never forget how overwhelming 130# seemed back in June when I joined - and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Should be there by Christmas, and I can't think of a better gift to myself! Other than the new smaller clothes...
Old 12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gallusgal
Would you go back to how you were? You have achieved so much, it's good that you are hungry for more, but don't take anything away from yourself. You have done yourself proud so far, where you go from here is up to you.

You are an inspiration to all of us, don't sell yourself short.
very true. I'd never go back to the old me, for sure. I guess I just always want more.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by aisha.shani
Wow, great job. Keep up the good work. You look younger too!!!!!!
if you were referring to me, thanks.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
very true. I'd never go back to the old me, for sure. I guess I just always want more.
Me too. It seems like once you hit the goal you were shooting for you kinda say, now what do I do!?!
Old 12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

When I got to my goal weight, I set a body fat goal percentage. After getting to that, I've been trying to set fitness goals, or goals that tweak the details a little bit better (enough fiber, enough water, certain number of veggies daily, etc.). Like Mike, I feel there's always room for improvement, but I'm pretty content with where I am now, so I'm not anal about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.