Ten tips for losing weight >

Ten tips for losing weight

Community
Notices

Ten tips for losing weight

Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Ten tips for losing weight

Sleep regularly- I’m not going to tell you how many hours to sleep because needs vary from person to person. What you must do is get a sufficient amount of rest (however many hours that may be). When you don’t get enough sleep you tend to crave high G.I carbs throughout the day, wrecking havoc on your diet.

Make a weight loss journal- It’s beneficial for you to document your weight loss progress. Your journal can include information like how you feel, the changes you’re noticing in your body, the level of fitness you’ve attained, and your progress. Personally, having a weight loss journal kept me motivated.

Take before and after pictures- Try to takes pictures once a month. They help a lot in keeping you motivated. Looking back on the initial photos may be a little painful, but if that’s what it takes for you to stay in shape, so be it.

Don’t expect light-speed weight loss-“ Rome wasn’t built in a day” . You didn’t gain that spare tire in a day either. Be reasonable in making your weight loss goals. Make several small short-term weight loss goals. Losing 50 pounds sounds pretty hard to do , but if you break it down into 10 pound increments with even smaller goals in between you’ll be on your way to meeting your long term goal.

Don’t watch TV, or chit-chat on the phone while eating- These distractions make for excess calorie consumption. You’re not paying attention to what you’re putting in your mouth. You want to eat slowly and purposefully, this way you’re aware of how much you’re eating.

Never give up , just because you messed up – So what if you binged on chocolate cheesecake today, that doesn’t damn you for the rest of your life. It’s ok to fall short sometimes. You’re not going to be perfect in your quest to lose weight. Remember that you’re losing weight for you, never give up on yourself. “If at first you don’t succeed, you are running about average.” ~M.H. Alderson

*Optional* Add spicy food to your diet- capsaicin, the compound that makes your tongue burn, your forehead wet with sweat and your face red is an important factor in helping you lose weight. Capsaicin improves digestion, it can be found in a variety of peppers and spices.

Cut down sodium intake- not only does sodium increase your blood pressure it causes you to retain excess water weight. Lay off the salt to decrease bloating. It’s that simple.

Get rid of the “fat” clothes- The clothes that no longer fit you due to your diminishing waist line shouldn’t be welcome in your closet. Having them around may encourage reversion ( weight gain). Be a Good Samaritan and donate those clothes to a charity.

Try losing weight with a partner- It gets hard trying to get fit solo. Recruit a friend or family member to be your weight loss buddy. Having a partner increases your chances of reaching your goals. You’ll also have someone that you can share your experiences and advice with & vice versa.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

thanks for the tips i will put them into consideration
Old 01-26-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I am going to use these tips tomorrow with my weigh-in group.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 PM
FitDay Member

I am not sure if this is the kind of thing that you are looking for but this is what has helped me. It has diet plans, etc. It's a website. This is 100% free. You put in how much you are trying to lose, and by when and it will tell you how many calories you would have to eat per day.

Last edited by mecompco; 01-27-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Removed links
Old 01-26-2011, 09:23 PM
FitDay Member

Most important rule of all - drink lots of water. People are often thinking they are hungry but in fact they are thirsty.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Weight lose tips:
Drink plenty of water.
Limit your sugar intake.
Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juice.
Choose a variety of foods from all food groups every day.
Boil your vegetables instead of cooking them.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-04-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: removed spam