Notices

10 easy steps for weight loss newbies

Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

My doc also doesn't like dairy. She feels most people have problems with it and this is more suspect for her when they have difficulties losing weight. AND truth be told, when I gave up dairy, my weight loss improved a little. I'm using coconut milk instead (with my coffee, etc.) and it IS helping. My ONLY exception is feta cheese (not cow's milk!) which I have often and Greek Yogurt (which I have only once in a while). Honestly, this has helped me. Not a huge difference, but enough for me to notice.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
One rule my naturopath gave me was to eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. It does not have to be a large breakfast as long as I break my fast.
I've always hated eating breakfast so early, and never feel hungry immediately after waking up. BUT, for the past couple months I have been forcing myself to eat an early breakfast, and I find I have much less appetite the rest of the day. So I agree with this 100%. Your mileage may vary, but it works for me.

It's sort of counter-intuitive. You'd think by delaying your calorie intake, that would allow you to eat less calories over a day, but I just found it so much more tempting to go overboard at night when I didn't eat breakfast.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:32 PM
FitDay Member

Your plan is similar to a well known diet called "the grapefruit diet" where you eat portions of high-carb fruits and exercise often. Though diets like those will lose you the weight, they aren't necessarily that healthy. You'll lose the weight but most of the time you won't keep it off.

Last edited by mecompco; 01-27-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Removed link
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
FitDay Member

The key to a healthy balanced diet is not to ban or omit any foods or food groups but to balance what you eat by consuming a variety of foods from each food group in the right proportions for good health.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tig0big0
This isn't from weight watchers. These tips are common in most weight loss web sites, forums, magazines, books etc.
True.

Originally Posted by tig0big0
The explanations are my own. BTW
Quite possibly false. Your post is dated December 11, 2010. I've found an earlier upload of this dated December 5, 2010 (and references an earlier blog) which is word for word what has been copied here. That's called plagiarism if indeed the blog was not written by you.

10 Easy Ways To Lose 15 Pounds | PRLog

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-18-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Danieal
Hi tig0big0,
Thanks for sharing these 10 easy steps for weight loss with everyone. These steps will be of great help for those who are trying to lose weight. We must lose and stabilize weight to lead healthy and active lifestyle.

If you like those tips, check these out: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ight-loss.html
Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb get some SLEEP

the one tip that I haven't seen on the forums that makes a HUGE difference to me, is to get enough sleep.

I find that if I am sleep deprived that I have absolutely no will power to resist the foods I am trying to cut back on, nor can I keep my portions under control. I believe there are some studies that have shown similar results.

of course, if you're tired, you also don't feel that you have the energy to get any exercise. lack of exercise can negatively affect your quality of sleep. a vicious cycle if there ever was one.

personally, I've found that listening to a relaxation tape when I go to bed can help me fall asleep faster - it helps me stop thinking about all the things I need to to tomorrow! there are some good relaxation apps for the iPhone too.

Michelle
Old 02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

I second that tip, Michelle. Sleep has been shown in studies to aid in sleep loss.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Vito, did you get enough sleep last night? Read what you just posted .

Seriously, I can second (or third) that. I have read that too little sleep increases the production of cortisol, the stress hormone, which is linked, I believe, to belly fat. I've also noticed from personal experience that when I'm sleeping well, I'm on my game with diet and exercise; unfortunately, I'm in a bad round of sleeping lately and trying to tweak it. I try for seven hours but realistically, it's usually more like six.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

LOL. I got enough sleep, just haven't had my coffee yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.