Notices
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Llahsinned

Weight loss at 50

Old 05-19-2023, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss at 50

Hi, so I am 50 and really want to lose some fat and put on a little muscle...basically I just want to be in good shape. I always have a hard time on where to start and finding the "best" routine. Well I came across this Men's Health Forever-Fir Strength plan that has a workout A and workout B and uses just a few different dumbbells. I thought I would give this a try for 8 weeks and then hopefully that will get me in the route and I will go from there. It says to train every other day for 8 weeks. This may sound a little dumb but do I 1) literally train every other day and those in-between days are my rest days, 2) train Monday, Wednesday, Friday and do like bike riding or something on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday is my rest day? And I am guessing I would alternate between plan A and plan B when I do those workouts? Thank you so much in advance for information.
Gillsam likes this.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

You're doing great and you're sure to do well.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

You may enhance your general health and reduce extra body fat by avoiding added sweets, including strength training in your exercises, eating more protein, preparing meals at home, and eating a diet high in natural foods.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Doing Great
Old 06-30-2023, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Weight loss at 50 can be challenging, but it is definitely possible with the right approach. Here are some tips to help you achieve your weight loss goals:

1. Focus on a balanced diet: As we age, our metabolism slows down, so it's important to eat a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid processed foods and sugary snacks, as they can lead to weight gain.

2. Stay active: Regular physical activity is crucial for weight loss, especially as we get older. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week, along with strength training exercises twice a week. Find activities that you enjoy, such as walking, swimming, or cycling, to make it more sustainable.

3. Be mindful of portion sizes: Pay attention to portion sizes and avoid overeating. Use smaller plates and bowls to help control your portion sizes, and listen to your body's hunger and fullness cues.

4. Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water can help boost your metabolism and curb your appetite. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.