Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chi.kitty
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone is still here who would remember me from 2011, but my username used to be 'Misery16226'. I was 19 at that time.
OMG How could we ever forget about you?!?!?! The last time I posted on this thread was May 9, 2011, looking for you!

The group of people that were here were very supportive of me and inspired me a lot, but I was struggling with a lot of things and it was hard(impossible) for me to even take care of my basic needs. I only managed to lose 12lb before I pretty much dropped out of society altogether and went back to not caring about my weight, my health or about improvement at all. I wasn't ready.
I think you've inspired more of us than you know!

I'm back and I'm 21 now, I gained that 12lbs back with a little interest over the past 3 years, but I'm stronger now, and I'm more ready to take on life in general. I've been seeing a psychiatrist and a Independent Living Worker (she basically helps me pursue my goals, keeps me in touch with resources etc. She's been a great help for me!) My financial situation is better and I've gotten most aspects of my life under control.
Good for you! I'm so glad, I was worried about you.

I've changed my account(name) for a few reasons. Mainly i didn't like my username 'Misery' and I didn't like myself at that time either. So I have named my account after something I love instead, a cute funny cat from the anime Chi's Sweet Home.

I look forward to being a part of this community again.
I like the new name and I'm glad you are feeling like a new you!
WELCOME BACK!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Thank you !

Wow, thank you ! I definitely feel great about coming back. I'm sorry i left without much notice. Won't happen again!

*GIANT HUGS
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

hello all on this thread ....

i am starting my weight loss journey YET again....this time, I have to stay with it .

i'm a 62 year old former journalist ...living in central america. i am sending you all best wishes for this journey to health and well being we are all on.

re- started 2/15/13 312
today 4/2/13 290
goal 8/2/14 155
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM
FitDay Member

I'm starting again also. I feel regret that I didn't stick with a healthy lifestyle in my previous attempts, but I am proud that I have started caring about myself and those that care about me again by tracking what I'm eating and getting active.

I'm in my early thirties and I have a lot of family members who are in their sixties who having health problems due to their weight. I really don't want that for myself.

I also just want to feel great and be in great shape for my wife and kids.

It's good to be back.

Last edited by liquidlizard; 04-05-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation workout program for beginners

I'm doing an online fitness program

It's kind of like P90X but has more safety instructions and modifications for beginners. I average about losing 2 lbs per week for the first 4 weeks. But be careful, even Level-1 (beginner intensity) is still pretty hard.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 04-10-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: link removed
Old 04-16-2013, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
I'm starting again also. I feel regret that I didn't stick with a healthy lifestyle in my previous attempts, but I am proud that I have started caring about myself and those that care about me again by tracking what I'm eating and getting active.

I'm in my early thirties and I have a lot of family members who are in their sixties who having health problems due to their weight. I really don't want that for myself.
It's funny how others can motiviate us sometimes. For myself, my epiphany came from watching a beloved neighbor slowly wasting away from complications of weight related issues. I didn't want that for myself, and that's ultimately what started me on my journey a little less than a year ago. It somehow worked when everything else didn't.

Good luck to your on your journey!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just want everyone to know I'm still here :)

I ended up having an ovarian cyst remove via laporascopic surgery, so I've been napping & resting a lot. But I'm still here, and I'm still doing everything i can to lose weight. Wishing everyone success!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

So..

This is my first time joining any kind of weight loss site.

I have always been 'bigger' But never was happy with it. My family are all big people and they have accepted it as a way of life.

I have not. I want to be here for my daughter. Who is just 15mths old.
I lie to myself and say that there are no health problems due to my weight. Sure. no medical. Yet.
But I am tired all the time. My ankles And knees hurt after a long day. My hip is slowly getting worse.

All of this has lead me to this point.

I need to learn how to say no. And realize that this is a lifestyle change. not just something to lose weight.

So here i am.. reading this forum has been inspiring. You guys are all so amazing!.

Hopefully i can be like that some day soon.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 PM
FitDay Member

anneblytheshirley

Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck on your path to a healthier life. I just really have to try to keep the truth in front of me. I can't let how important my health is fade into the background.

Chi.Kitty

So sorry to hear about your medical issue. I hope you make a quick recovery.

Scarletrazor

I really relate to what you wrote. I also do not have medical issues yet, but I know I will soon if I don't get healthier and stay healthier.

I also need to work on making good food choice, keeping active, and making it a lifestyle. I have to convince myself that all the junk I'm not eating is just that junk, not the "good stuff." Living a long happy life is a lot better then eating myself into an early grave.

Last edited by liquidlizard; 04-23-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Walking - The right way

One thing I've learned recently through the 6-week body makeover thing I did (I actually went from 176 to 152 when also doing biggest loser at work with monetary prize in sight, got 2nd place) and other reading was that walking cannot be just meandering. Walking must be fast enough to be just a tad breathless. One magazine said you should have a hard time singing while walking if you are doing it at the right pace. So, every day at lunch I walked and sung and got out of breath.

My meals were varied, but its a basic glycemic concept.
2 oz protein 5x/day (every 2 hours) and 1 cup mixed greens with every meal. I added in with lunch and dinner a 1/2 cup of complex carbs (sushi rice, potato (sweet or otherwise), or rice noodles). You never starve and your body becomes acclimated after 3 successful days of sticking with it. If still hungry at "dessert time" or 6th meal, allowed fruit (during weight loss phase). However that was appropriate for my body type. Another co-worker tried it but was a different type of body and ate different items.

Unfortunately I am back and need to lose again. I have kept the same concepts, but am not so good at cutting back on the simple sugars, which is a no-no.

I like that I can check how much of certain nutritious value I am getting. I kept the salad and eat a few handfuls at appropriate times. I kept the protein as well, but am not as good about getting my complex carb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.