Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Smile new to the blog...you guys are all really inspiring

Originally Posted by behlorsantifit2012
Hi, I'm back on the wagon after some weeks of bad eating habits and no exercise.. I currently weigh 232.4 lbs, and my goal weight is between 125 and 135 lbs... my mini goal is to lose 2 inches from my bust, waist, and thighs, so I wear a sz 16 top and sz 14 jeans...as you can see, I'm a fashionista tired of plus sizes... I look forwartd to any suppport from other dieters on this forum... I certainly need it! Behlor
I'm brand new to this site...got tired of gaining and gaining and getting slower and slower. I have about 60 lbs to lose and you guys are all really encouraging...I think you're doing a great job! I'll try to live up to your example
My mini goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of September, and get my waist size below 35 (it's 39 right now) by end of October
Old 08-23-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hey there trackmyfood and AnnTrois. I'm so happy to see more people coming in. It's going to be a long journey and it's nice to see what others are doing and how they are getting along.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

So, first official week (actual tracking of food & exercise) of project "Why did I let a fat lady swallow me?". I am feeling more energetic than I was previously, happy and optimistic for the future.

There is a noticable difference in my complexion (probably from the walking). I am generally more optimistic. This is probably down to getting started on getting this weight under control.

I am focusing strongly on this time next year and how I can be thin if I allow myself the time to plan my meals and take time out for exercise. It really is that simple ....... I hope

This coming week is about curbing my "carboholism" (glad you like that coin of phrase andieligon, I came up with it while writing down all the pros and cons of my diet).

Hope everyone else is doing good.

I am heading off for a few days to visit my parents before mini me heads back to school but catch up with you all next weekend.

Current Weight: 224 lbs
Start weight July 1 2012: 234
Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 PM
FitDay Member

All right Galwaylass! 10 pounds downs since you started! That's awesome. I'm glad to see that things are going well for you.

I was in the Women's Section and actually brought up a point related to yours. While exercising, that day and the day after I feel great, but if I haven't been active enough, I don't feel as great. It's a really good motive to keep up with the workouts!

I was not very optimistic about going in to my weigh-in. This past week I wasn't keeping track of the food I was eating. I only went to the gym once, though I went outside at least once a day to walk the dog. I did try to watch how much food I was eating, but I just really didn't care. Shame shame on me!

In any case, I managed to make it down to just under 320. Sorry I can't be more specific, the scale at the gym is the type that you push the little thing across the bar to get the weight. It said I was under 320 for sure. I'll err on the side of caution and say that that makes me down about 5.5 pounds from last week. I'm really excited. But also feel really fortunate that I lost any weight at all. Back on track for me this week! I'd rather not deal with another scare like how I felt going in today.

Also did my measurements. I'm down 6 inches since my last measuring!

Needless to say, I'm feeling incredible right now.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

I hope to enjoy this coming weekend. All these goals towards a healthier and fitter you is firing me up to do better. Thank you.

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
The more the merrier, almeeker. I've read tons of your posts and they, and your transformation, is inspirational to me. I know i would be thrilled to benefit from your experience.

Enjoy your weekend everyone (I know I'm starting a day early).

Matt
Old 09-04-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

All right! Well Happy September everyone! I go back to work tomorrow, back to school with all the kiddies.

Anyways, I weighed and measured yesterday. Lost about .75" all around, and finally I am at 319.5 officially. So I'm going to chalk that up to a half pound loss. *shrugs*

I have to say that I am looking forward to going back to work for a lot of different reasons. Since I haven't been getting paid, I have not had any money to purchase my own food and that means I haven't been able to actually buy anything nutritious. The logical thought is to then make the best of whatever is available. Not entirely possible though when my mother cares just for a quick deal and not for the lasting benefits of fresh or frozen vegetables. She'd rather just get a quick deal on cans or the cup of noodles. Urrgh. It was partly my fault for not stocking up on enough food for the summer like I've done in the past, but still. There is no reasoning with some people sometimes. In particular someone who should be getting fresher vegetables, smarter protein sources, etc.

On top of that, going into work and being on a schedule is much better for me rather than just having tons of free time. If I know that I have a certain time for working out and being active, I take advantage of that time rather than waste it on something else. Seems backward logic, but that's what I've found to work.

Sorry for rambling on. Things around here have gotten pretty stressful and I needed to vent a little.

How are things going for everyone else?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Just checking in. I am down another 2lbs this week so happy with that. I got lots of exercise last week (4 hours + per day) so I think that is how the 2lbs went. My diet was ok but not great .... even had roast potatoes 2 evenings!!

Andeieligon: I hear ya re the work and schedule, there is no room for procrastination so you just have to get on and get it done. I hope once you are back to work things become easier for you. Its such a shame your Mom isnt more supportive! On the upside at least you can do your own shopping from now on so you should soon be seeing a big difference soon. Congrats on the .5lbs!

This week I wont have much time for exercise. Hopefully get in 3 x 3mile walks. I am on track with my food. On average -900 daily so hopefully hit my 2lb target.

Best of luck to everyone else!! Lets make this week, a kick ass weightloss one! Adios from sunny Ireland.

Originally Posted by andieligon
All right! Well Happy September everyone! I go back to work tomorrow, back to school with all the kiddies.

Anyways, I weighed and measured yesterday. Lost about .75" all around, and finally I am at 319.5 officially. So I'm going to chalk that up to a half pound loss. *shrugs*

I have to say that I am looking forward to going back to work for a lot of different reasons. Since I haven't been getting paid, I have not had any money to purchase my own food and that means I haven't been able to actually buy anything nutritious. The logical thought is to then make the best of whatever is available. Not entirely possible though when my mother cares just for a quick deal and not for the lasting benefits of fresh or frozen vegetables. She'd rather just get a quick deal on cans or the cup of noodles. Urrgh. It was partly my fault for not stocking up on enough food for the summer like I've done in the past, but still. There is no reasoning with some people sometimes. In particular someone who should be getting fresher vegetables, smarter protein sources, etc.

On top of that, going into work and being on a schedule is much better for me rather than just having tons of free time. If I know that I have a certain time for working out and being active, I take advantage of that time rather than waste it on something else. Seems backward logic, but that's what I've found to work.

Sorry for rambling on. Things around here have gotten pretty stressful and I needed to vent a little.

How are things going for everyone else?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thought this week would be a disaster for me but I managed a -1lb loss. I had 2 parties to attend over the weekend. I really watched what I ate daytime to allow for some drinks and naughties in the evenings. I still was very nervous getting on the scales this morning but delighted with my -1. Hope to kick 3lbs this week to keep me on track.

Hope everyone else is getting on well.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Whoopsie! I forgot to weigh in yesterday while I was at the gym.

But I definitely HAVE been making a bigger effort to record what I do. In fact, I've made it a priority to make it to the gym between the time I get off work and go to pick my sister up from her job. So far, of the past 5 days, I made it to the gym 3 days. Things are looking good.

I'm thinking I might just skip my weigh-in this week. Perhaps after 2 weeks of concerted effort to watch what I'm eating and to be more active, I'll see a more significant payoff.

Galwaylass, so happy for you! -1lb is amazing, you're still moving in the right direction.

I haven't yet had to deal with a party situation. Unless you count the breakroom at work. Today there was a cheese plate with crackers- not too bad. Sitting next to the cheese plate was a pile of muffins, each one twice the size of my fist! Stayed away from them, and stuck to a couple cheese slices and crackers. Enough for a pick-me-up and that was all.

We'll see how next week goes.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

hi,
i am also lose my lbs. here following..
Starting weight : 244.6 lbs. 10/01/09
Pounds that i lost : 70.6 lbs
Current my weigh t: 150 lbs
Goal weigh t: 110 lbs
Weight to go : 33 lbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.