The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco

My two year anniversary is, IIRC, May 5th so 14 lbs. off in six weeks at this stage of the game is a little optimistic but possibly by my birthday on May 25th and that would be cool, we'll see!
Yeah 14 lbs is a different story
May 25th is a little over 2 months, that is attainable.

s
Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Todaylour
As a lifelong dieter, I have finally come to a place where I am motivated, dedicated, and really friggin' want a lifestyle change. I have been on/off vegitarian/vegan/freegan for years, but I am finally making the commitment to a Vegan lifestyle. I may even go raw for the summer!

I do yoga at least once a week, transitioning to an everyday thing. Nature hikes are my main form of excercise, but as soon as I get my breaks fixed on my bike, It will be like it is attatched to me.

I'm excited, I can't wait, and it is so nice to have a community to turn to when need be.
Love biking. Welcome to the site.

Glad to see you finally realized the truth that it's not about dieting, it's about a lifelong commitment to a lifestyle change.

Vegan is awesome, especially raw!
I am considering this as an option once I have completed my detox.
I just may join you as a raw vegan. Make sure it's all organic or at least all natural.

s
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SteveO20
Love biking. Welcome to the site.

Glad to see you finally realized the truth that it's not about dieting, it's about a lifelong commitment to a lifestyle change.

Vegan is awesome, especially raw!
I am considering this as an option once I have completed my detox.
I just may join you as a raw vegan. Make sure it's all organic or at least all natural.

s
I've known it was lifestyle change for a while, I don't think I was ready for anymore changes, atleast until I got settled into my 20's.

I am really excited about sticking with being Vegan. Raw can be such a fun way to prepare food. I have friends who got me thinking about it when they made this fabulous chocolate pie from bananas, avacados, and cocoa powder. Organic is a good way to go, but my real focus is keeping it local. I am fortunate to live in a city with a massive weekly farmers market, as well as the land to grow my own food.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've known it was lifestyle change for a while, I don't think I was ready for anymore changes, atleast until I got settled into my 20's.

I am really excited about sticking with being Vegan. Raw can be such a fun way to prepare food. I have friends who got me thinking about it when they made this fabulous chocolate pie from bananas, avacados, and cocoa powder. Organic is a good way to go, but my real focus is keeping it local. I am fortunate to live in a city with a massive weekly farmers market, as well as the land to grow my own food.
The chocolate pie sounds tasty. Love avocadoes.

Yeah, having space for a veggie garden or a backyard farm is ideal. Do that myself. Also live in a city with a couple farmers markets as well as a couple CSA's. I live 5 minutes from a farm that can cut the grocery bill in half during the growing season. Looking forward to fresh asparagus with lemon juice and black pepper.

It's amazing how easy, convenient, and cheap going the organic, raw, vegan route can be. Ironically, it's probably the best way to go if you're looking to lose alot of excess fat quickly.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SteveO20
The chocolate pie sounds tasty. Love avocadoes.

Yeah, having space for a veggie garden or a backyard farm is ideal. Do that myself. Also live in a city with a couple farmers markets as well as a couple CSA's. I live 5 minutes from a farm that can cut the grocery bill in half during the growing season. Looking forward to fresh asparagus with lemon juice and black pepper.

It's amazing how easy, convenient, and cheap going the organic, raw, vegan route can be. Ironically, it's probably the best way to go if you're looking to lose alot of excess fat quickly.
MMMMM Asparagus.

It really is amazing, my grocery bills have been growing smaller and smaller. (Along with my waist!) Although I have been a half-ass veg forever, I've stuck to it all week, and already notice a difference. AND I HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY.

This will be the first year with the garden, so I am sure we will have kinks, but you can't really screw up tomatos and green beans.(Kale, KALE!) I forsee so much pesto in my future. And there are so many farms popping up in the city, that cheap produce will be bountiful. I may even adopt a hive, fresh, raw, local honey: no shame in that. Every Saturday will be like Christmas, come on Spring!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

MMMMM Asparagus.

It really is amazing, my grocery bills have been growing smaller and smaller. (Along with my waist!) Although I have been a half-ass veg forever, I've stuck to it all week, and already notice a difference. AND I HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY.

This will be the first year with the garden, so I am sure we will have kinks, but you can't really screw up tomatos and green beans.(Kale, KALE!) I forsee so much pesto in my future. And there are so many farms popping up in the city, that cheap produce will be bountiful. I may even adopt a hive, fresh, raw, local honey: no shame in that. Every Saturday will be like Christmas, come on Spring!

Awesome! Keep at it.
And your taste buds will thank you as well. Going that route can rejuvinate your palate.

Sadly, I have screwed up tomatoes before. Killed my entire crop trying a new experiment. Of course they were heirlooms.

Little gardening tip: add a small amount of hydrogen peroxide to your water, will help the plants grow faster and stronger.

s
Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Reading back over the last few posts and I'm amazed by the amount of success being had! Huge well done to everyone that is hitting targets, losing weight and changing their lives!!!

I've lost 7lbs over the last two and a half weeks, taking me to 278lbs. Still not where I need to be exercise and food wise, but I'm very happy that the scale is moving in the right direction. Little steps this time around!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA

Good Evening. My name is Katie, I'll try to make my story as clear and brief as physically possible. I'll try not to ramble(:

Firstly, my journey I have committed myself to is completely secret. Because I hold my weight fairly well, I don't think people would treat the same. The only people who know, are my mother, myself, and my nutritionist.

Moving on! I'm a young adult dealing with colleges, job applications, my weight loss journey, becoming a better cook and driver, the deployments and travels of my wonderful fiance, making myself an overall better person, getting my grades where they once were, and future plans in general.

Blessed: I have wonderful friends, family, and a wonderful fiancee who has recently began training for leave for the USMC coming up shortly.

Rewind! The past few years have been a huge upset and disappointment for me.

Recent aggravating mountains I've had to climb and tragedies to get over, gave me a major loss of hope. Though I once had an hour glass figure, and fairly impressive grades, My weight skyrocketed from 160lbs, to a whopping 260lbs, and my grades dropped considerably. I'm 5'5, I used to have an hour glass figure, and now its an apple. My philosophy now is to thank God I made this self realization to change at a young age, and to not waste time regretting things you can't change.

Where I went Wrong:
Food was my savior/ downfall. Horrible binging habits, and making myself feel better with food caused my dramatic weight gain. To depress myself further, I always compared myself to my older brothers who are perfect in athletics, and are ivy league students, and have incredibly fit bodies.

My Motivation: I know someday, that I too can look as beautiful as I know I can be. I recently purchased an exercise bike that will be delivered to my home shortly, and my goal is to work out 6 days a week, with weight training in between. For dieting, after months of having diet failures and gaining weight back, I have come to a happy medium with a 1,200 calorie diet that I will boost when I start working out.

I want to stop being made fun of. I want to be able to go out, and be praised, and not humiliated, and enjoy being who I am. I want to live a long healthy life, look my best for me, my friends, my fiance, and my self esteem, and to enjoy my healthy, well working body while its in its young state, and look good and feel good about myself for once in my life. I want to be beautiful.

The beginning: In the past three weeks I had dropped 13 pounds, from my peak weight of 260lbs which was my motivator to start my journey, and to finish it with my goal results. I'm fully aware that big weight loss will not happen every three weeks, because of this, and the sooner I start exercise, the more the weight will melt off. I am going to weigh in every three weeks, so I don't get discouraged by the natural human weight loss differences.

What I want to gain and experiences from this site:

I am hoping to find some friends like, diet buddies, people who have already had success, people I can share my journey with, and their journeys with. I know if I find friends on this website, It could be like a separate family, so I don't ultimately keep my journey a secret, I can be motivated even more, and share in my weight loss experience with people who can relate, and share in the beginning of a long, hard, stressful, and rewarding journey of a 105lb weight loss to put me somewhere in the 140s. Get advice for my college journey, to turn my life around, and worrying and waiting for my husband to be to come home.

My goal is to weigh between 140-145lbs on March 19th 2013. I have already lost 13 pounds since my start date of 2.27.2012 Will you help me reach my goal, and let me help you?

I'm sorry for the rambling. I hope this wasn't to much to read.

(Advice with getting rid of extra skin, elbow, fat and arm fat etc.. would be helpful! Also, does anyone know if weight loss makes you lose your curves? I don't want those to be gone. Only pleasing thing about me at the moment! )

Please reply, add, and message me!
Thank you for joining my on my journey, I would love to join you on yours.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Katie, welcome! Boy, it sounds like you've got a plan and made the commitment--good for you! I truly think weight loss is at least 95% mental and you've got your mind where it needs to be.

I'm no doctor, and of course you should see one about your plan, but have you considered trying to keep your cals at 1,200? Make sure you're getting enough protein and keep track of your nutrients--tough to get enough vitamins and minerals at that calorie level. Whatever you do, make sure most of those cals come from "good" food!

Let us know how your doing from time to time!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

a

Last edited by Tunnrida; 03-21-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: a

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.