The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

That's awesome Nycmike.....i have eight pounds to break the the 300lb mark, which i don't know the last time i was there....when i do, it will be a total of 141 pound total loss for me...i think i will hit it 1 month early which excites me to no end...I also love when the newer snugger fitting clothes start to become loose.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

hello everyone! im new here and also have more than 100 lbs to loose. im just starting my journey and really dont know what im doing yet. im kinda just stumbling along here till i figure it out. ive started doing my log everyday and what an eye opener.... anyways, glad to be here and hope to "meet" a bunch of you that have done it or are doing it. the big 100+ lbs loss that is
Old 11-23-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mgonzales74
hello everyone! im new here and also have more than 100 lbs to loose. im just starting my journey and really dont know what im doing yet. im kinda just stumbling along here till i figure it out. ive started doing my log everyday and what an eye opener.... anyways, glad to be here and hope to "meet" a bunch of you that have done it or are doing it. the big 100+ lbs loss that is
Welcome! 100+ seems daunting, I know, but it can be done. Just took a look down memory lane (a/k/a my FitDay weight log) and on Thanksgiving last year I was down to a lanky 311 pounds. Now I'm hovering around the 190 mark. So while I only have another 25 lbs. or so to go, I've "been there, done that". If there's anything I can do to help, just say the word!

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

wow... its so exciting... yet im so scared shitless i cant explain. i think ive come to the point in my life that ive had to admit to myself that i have been hiding behind my weight for years. i cant actually SAY it outloud yet, but i can write it down and that alone is a big acheivment. i am 5'1 and 285lbs. being short you carry weight alooooot differently. 10 lbs looks like 25. 50 looks like 100. id like to get to my before kids weight which is around 140. thats a big jump i know. but i got here, and i want to get back. i know its possible just hope its possible for me. i think you will be seeing a lot of me around here
Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mgonzales74
wow... its so exciting... yet im so scared shitless i cant explain. i think ive come to the point in my life that ive had to admit to myself that i have been hiding behind my weight for years. i cant actually SAY it outloud yet, but i can write it down and that alone is a big acheivment. i am 5'1 and 285lbs. being short you carry weight alooooot differently. 10 lbs looks like 25. 50 looks like 100. id like to get to my before kids weight which is around 140. thats a big jump i know. but i got here, and i want to get back. i know its possible just hope its possible for me. i think you will be seeing a lot of me around here
My wife is your height and tips the scales at a tad over 300, so yes, I know about being big and small. Hopefully we'll see a lot less of you soon!

Seriously, though, don't think about losing 100 pounds. Concentrate on losing one pound, which is easy. Then lose one pound again. And again. Well, you get the picture.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-24-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I agree, i started out with food logging on fit day, cutting out fried foods, eating more veggies, looking at the foods i ate and tried to make them healthier without giving up everything i love to eat (wheat instead of white, turkey/chicken/fish/lean pork instead of red or fatty meats)...and 7 months i'm down 133lbs....with only a little cardio thrown in here and there....,you cannot allow yourself to get discouraged after 1, 2 or 3 weeks....if you are like me it took a few years to gain this weight, at least give yourself a month, then do a weigh in....when you see some solid numbers, it will inspire confidence that you can do it..
Old 11-27-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

This is my first post here! I am about 100 pounds over my lowest weight ever (which is a large amount for a 5'7 girl). I haven't weighed that since high school, when I worked out a lot and watched what I ate, so I have a lot of work to do :-) I just started this week, but I've already lost 3 lbs (woohoo). I eat healthy foods, but my calories are just too large and I slowly gained the weight over 7 years. So I've started a food journal and worked out yesterday for the first time in 3-4 months (sore today).

Here's to new beginnings!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by LisaShank986
This is my first post here! I am about 100 pounds over my lowest weight ever (which is a large amount for a 5'7 girl). I haven't weighed that since high school, when I worked out a lot and watched what I ate, so I have a lot of work to do :-) I just started this week, but I've already lost 3 lbs (woohoo). I eat healthy foods, but my calories are just too large and I slowly gained the weight over 7 years. So I've started a food journal and worked out yesterday for the first time in 3-4 months (sore today).

Here's to new beginnings!
Lisa, welcome! Congrats on the good start, nothing motivates like success.

You've hit the nail right on the head, portion control is king. I guarantee that if you log all your food into FitDay religiously and maintain a reasonable calorie deficit that you WILL lose your excess weight.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael!! This thread was awesome- 100 lbs seems so overwhelming, but when I see other people's numbers (like yours), it is really inspiring. I can't believe you lost so much weight in just a year and a half! Congrats- that must have been really hard work!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by LisaShank986
Thanks Michael!! This thread was awesome- 100 lbs seems so overwhelming, but when I see other people's numbers (like yours), it is really inspiring. I can't believe you lost so much weight in just a year and a half! Congrats- that must have been really hard work!
Lisa, the hard part is getting started (which you've already conquered!). Once you've made a plan, made the commitment and gotten going, the battle is mostly won. Really, weight loss is, I think, at least 95% mental. Get your mind right, your "switch" flipped, and the rest it easy.

So, yes, getting started was hard. But really, it's been fairly easy sticking to my basic rules for weight loss. Now, once I get to "goal", the real challenge for me will start. I've never in my life maintained a healthy weight for any amount of time. But, I'm confident that with the continued use of FitDay that I'll be able to do it.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.