Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thats great mike....i hope to be just obese one day, instead of extremely obese....maybe i can catch up to you one day
Old 09-12-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by clay7160
Thats great mike....i hope to be just obese one day, instead of extremely obese....maybe i can catch up to you one day
Yup, a great day--I was so pleased to be simply "obese". Now I'm "this close" to being "overweight"--one more BMI point and I'll be there--can't wait!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Week 3 complete and I'm down 11.5 lbs. My BMI (39.7) tells me I have vacated the Extremely Obese category, so I'm very happy about that. Seems weird to be happy about being Obese , but as we all know "It's all relavant".
I'm still stuggling with the huge desire to eat in the evenings,and I actullly gave in last night, which bumped my calories to 2317 for the day.
At least it WAS NOT junk food.I've been real good about not eating any junk food.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tips and Tricks

So much great progress....everyone is doing so well. Keep it up. I tend to be a big fan of small steps and mini-goals which over time turn in to great results. As one who is on the road with work from time to time I find planning is key. Here are some tips that I find useful...

- Instead of a traditional appetizer, such as spinach dip or a cheese plate, start out with a small vegetable-based soup or a side salad.
- Because portion sizes are often so large in restaurants, you may want to have an appetizer portion of your meal instead of an entrée.
- If you are going to order an entrée-sized meal, ask the server to box half of it before bringing it to the table.
- Always ask for condiments such as butter, sour cream, salad dressings and mayonnaise on the side.
- Don’t worry about getting your money’s worth with a big portion, and instead focus on the savings you will achieve from good health.
- Skip the dessert, or if you must have dessert, make sure you split it with the table. Or order a small fruit cup as your dessert.
- Don’t drink your calories. Restaurant portions are so big that you’re likely getting more calories than you realize. Choose a low-calorie or zero-calorie beverage like water or unsweetened tea.
- Make sure you have plenty of veggies on your plate. Replace those fries with a side of steamed veggies, salad, or one of your other favorite veggie choices.
- Keep it simple! Dishes with fewer ingredients are more likely to have fewer calories.
- If you don’t know what to order, ask your server. Tell him that you’re looking for some lighter options.

Try looking at the menu of the restaurant ahead of time, and decide what you will eat before you get there. You’ll be less tempted to make unhealthy choices. Many restaurants post their nutrition information on their website. If you think you’re going to have a hard time choosing a healthy option, choose another restaurant.

One final tip: Don’t skip lunch just because you’re going out to your favorite restaurant for dinner. One of the biggest mistakes you can make when you’re trying to eat healthy is skipping meals. That’s because when you’re really hungry it’s harder to make good choices. Instead, eat a smaller meal or snack ahead of time. And make sure the rest of your meals and snacks throughout the day are lower in calories. When you are less hungry, you’re more in control.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Starting To Eat Healthier Today

Today I am starting to choose healthier food to eat. I weigh 215. I know this is a long journey and are no easy fixes to losing the weight. So I hope you guys can give me words of encouragement on my journey.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Well today is day 3, so far so good! I weigh in on Sunday. We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by watkins35120
Well today is day 3, so far so good! I weigh in on Sunday. We'll see how it goes.
Take it one day at a time! And let us know how your weigh-in on Sunday goes.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-19-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Down 2.8 Pounds!

I didnt weigh in yesterday. I waiting til this morning. I'm officially 2.8 pounds lighter! I'm trying to keep my daily calorie intake at around 1,000 calories a day and keep my sodium at 1500 miligrams a day..
Old 09-19-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by watkins35120
I didnt weigh in yesterday. I waiting til this morning. I'm officially 2.8 pounds lighter! I'm trying to keep my daily calorie intake at around 1,000 calories a day and keep my sodium at 1500 miligrams a day..
Good for you!

1,000 cals a day is tough, that's what I did on my last major weight-loss endeavor back in '01. Did 1,000 cals a day and 10 g fat a day or less. What is funny is that I've lost weight almost as fast eating 1500, 1600 cals a day and not worrying much about fat this time. It's been a whole lot more pleasant, to boot! But, we each need to find what works for us and stick with it.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-20-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Why is this so hard ............?

This is my forth week and I'm:
1) Feeling Stronger.
2) Loosing weight (have dropped 13 lbs).
3) Walking 2 1/2 miles 5 X a week.
4) Recording everything I eat ( Even when I've gone over my self impossed caloric limit a few times, and felt like crap about it).
5) Becoming a lot more educated on nutrition, and understanding how to make proper choices.
6) Able to say that I've cut back my insulin requirements to 1/4 of what they were just a month ago.
So, I ask, with all the positives I just mentioned ,why is this so hard and such a daily struggle for me?
My life seems to be consumed with altering my lifestyle and I can't think of much else.
Does it ever get easier?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.