The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Will some one remind me what a good mix is for protein/fat/carbs? I know it works different for everyone, but I would like to have an idea of what to look at. I hate to admit it, but I have never logged my food. I am starting to do that today.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default phen 'treatment'

I decided not to post this and closed the window. However, I feel compelled to share my experience. Phentermine is prescription speed. There is no other way to describe it. Its molecular/chemical structure is so similar to actual speed. There is prob a page on wikipedia about it. If you understand chemistry and look at its structure, it is almost identical to amphetamines (speed).

I was on phen for two years. If it had worked, had been useful in the long term of establishing healthy eating habits I WOULD NOT BE HERE ON FITDAY losing weight now.

Phen eradicates your desire to eat, but does not teach you how to eat less calories without it. The day you discontinue the phen, your hunger returns with a raging vengeance. It is speed and damages your heart. You will have less sleep and poor quality sleep at that. You will become more angry/aggressive. Please research this drug. I emphatically regret taking it.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ripemango
I decided not to post this and closed the window. However, I feel compelled to share my experience. Phentermine is prescription speed. There is no other way to describe it. Its molecular/chemical structure is so similar to actual speed. There is prob a page on wikipedia about it. If you understand chemistry and look at its structure, it is almost identical to amphetamines (speed).

I was on phen for two years. If it had worked, had been useful in the long term of establishing healthy eating habits I WOULD NOT BE HERE ON FITDAY losing weight now.

Phen eradicates your desire to eat, but does not teach you how to eat less calories without it. The day you discontinue the phen, your hunger returns with a raging vengeance. It is speed and damages your heart. You will have less sleep and poor quality sleep at that. You will become more angry/aggressive. Please research this drug. I emphatically regret taking it.

I appreciate your concern, and I'm truly sorry you had a bad experience with it.

But first of all, you should never had been on phen for longer than 12 weeks. 2 years is way off the chart, so of course it would give you problems. Besides, this is just another example of what I said before, some swear by it, and some condemn it. For every post like yours I can find ten more praising phen. So do I believe you, or them? It really is hard to tell either way. My doctor seems to think it's fine for short term use, and I guess if he's not worried I'm not either.

I've actually read the Wikipedia page for it, as you suggested, many times over before taking it. And, no offense, but there's not anything on there nearly as scary as what you posted. The only thing it mentions about heart damage was in referencing the drug "Phen-fen" which was a combination of Phen and some other drug. Phentermine alone doesn't carry the same dangers, and it's been used for over 50 years now. Phen-fen has since been banned.

I've only been on it for a few days now, but I don't seem to be experiencing any side effects at all. I'm actually sleeping better, in fact. No rage, no high heart rate, none of that. I seem to be tolerating it well. I just hope it stays that way.

Thanks again for your advice. I will honestly keep your experience in mind. I hope you've since recovered from any harm it caused you.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:14 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by zahut
Will some one remind me what a good mix is for protein/fat/carbs? I know it works different for everyone, but I would like to have an idea of what to look at. I hate to admit it, but I have never logged my food. I am starting to do that today.
I am pretty comfortable with an (on average) mix of 40/30/30 carb/protien/fat. I didn't know it at the time, but this is the mix the 'Zone diet uses, though they want you to keep it at EVERY meal, which I would never have the patience to do.

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-16-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

When it asks for alcohol, is that sugar? So far I am not using Tequila or Vodka as part of my daily intake, but that day could happen!
Old 08-16-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by zahut
When it asks for alcohol, is that sugar? So far I am not using Tequila or Vodka as part of my daily intake, but that day could happen!
Nope, alcohol is booze. I'm afraid I have had a high percentage alcohol day or two over the summer. It's really best avoided, but I suppose in moderation....

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-16-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

I just wanted to drop in and say that I love all of the support that you guys have been offering each other especially in the last page or two of this thread.

Nobody should feel they have taken the easy way out for having bypass surgery either. There is nothing 'easy' about that journey. It is not an easy button or by any means fail-proof.

Now I just need to toot my own horn a little! I reached the 45lbs lost mark yesterday. I am really trying for 50 by my 6 month mark but that is Sunday so I am not going to be devastated if I don't reach it. I am down 1.6lbs more since yesterday alone though as long as my scale isn't playing tricks on me. So just maybe I will get there!!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats wildbeanerz!

I actually hit the 60 pound mark today!!! Granted it was only one pound down from 299, but any loss after more than a month of stalling and relapse is welcomed with open arms.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good job VirusInside! Doesn't matter if it is one pound or five. You are going down and that is the right direction! I was stuck in a 2-3 pound fluctuation for about 4-6 weeks so when I just dropped 2.2lbs in a week it spurred me onto keep going. We can do it!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Great job Beaner on the 45 and Virus on the 60, huge milestones... I know you are going to cross the 50 line soon Beaner. Very proud of you both...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.