The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Regarding relapsing, I know where you're at, and it is scary. As someone who handled it poorly, here's my perspective:

I had lost 110 lbs but got to the point where eating "perfectly" was just not something I could do everyday. I've read that it's normal for willpower to get harder over time, not easier as one would think. At first, the cheats were minor - just the kind of thing one might eat on maintenance, and I was not all that unhappy about maintaining for about 4 months. But, slowly, it slipped into the old bad habits and I regained a lot.

If I get to that place again, here's my intention: I'm going to accept that I need a break from deficit calorie eating and that I have a taste for things that I haven't been eating. I'll allow myself an extra 300-500 calories, and plan in the cheats. The last four words are the critical ones. Plan.In.The.Cheats. In other words, keep tracking, make the nutrition still good, but do maintenance eating until I feel like working again. My hope/guess is that my mind and body will thank me by being ready to drop the pounds again by then. And by planning, I won't be in that loss of control, anything goes mind set that is a killer for me.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Virus/Beanerz... We have all been there, many, many times. For starters, try not to beat yourself up (I know, easier said then done, but try). Look how far you have come. Sure, you are having a rough go right now but you have not gained weight. You can be back on track without skipping a beat.

Now for some advice, here is what works for me... I am a creature of habit and I have a go menu of food for a day that I know is healthy and satisfying. When I am feeling urges to go off the rails, am really stressed, or feeling down, or had a couple of rocky days. I re-focus and eat a certain menu that usually settles me down and brings me back to a good place. Sometimes I do this for 2-3 days until I am back where I want to be. The key is healthy and satisfying.

Hope this helps...
Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

For me, trying on old clothes that are too big gives me a boost. I also will go back to my planned menu and follow it precisely for a week or so, gets me back on track. I think I`ve gained and lost the same 10 pounds about 3 times in the past 2 months, but I`m back heading down again - weigh in monday....

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 07-27-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Have had a big couple of days of hitting milestones that I am pretty jazzed up about. For starters, I crossed the 50 LB lost marker, I hit my third near term milestone, and today I hit a new decade and am in the 280s. While every day is a struggle, I am in a really solid groove and it is paying off... Hope everyone is doing well...
Old 07-28-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go NYCMike!!! Keep up the good/hard work!!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

I can relate to to losing and regaining the same few pounds over and over again. I started out strong this year, but a chaotic schedule ruled me. I was working rotating days and nighs, with frequent switches. Sometimes I would flip my schedule 3 times in 14 days! Plus, work was so busy that I would follow a starve-binge pattern where I would go 11 hours without eating, then eat a half (or whole) pizza because I was so hungry and exhausted.

I have a new job now, with relatively steady hours, and I get a scheduled lunch break with enough time to sit and eat my food, so I'm hoping to get back on track. 239 lbs today, hopefully never again after this week.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. Today's been really good so far. I feel like I'm getting back on track. If I can only keep this momentum going now.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. Today's been really good so far. I feel like I'm getting back on track. If I can only keep this momentum going now.
That's great--once the pounds start peeling off again you'll get your second wind. We're all rootin' for ya'!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-28-2011, 06:07 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael. I swear I don't know what I'd do without this place. Today was definitely a solid success. 1300 calories, less than 40% carbs. Feelin' good.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Thanks Michael. I swear I don't know what I'd do without this place. Today was definitely a solid success. 1300 calories, less than 40% carbs. Feelin' good.
Keep it up today and plan ahead for the weekend. Don't get too hungry--1300's not a lot. I know I have urges to overeat if I get too hungry but going heavy on the protien really helps.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.