Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by warren6609
It has been a journey I am not sure I was capable of taking. Unlike you tough people I had to use a crutch and have gastric bypass. I am not positive this procedure is in my long term interest but knew a decision had to me made. Well, with the information I had available I made the best decision I could.

One thing I can say is this tool I am burdened with does force some element of compliance. I might also say I am now a cheap date! Went to a fast food taco joint the other day and could not finish the re-fried beans I ordered ($1.19) No drink, nothing just the stupid beans and they kicked my lil' tubby butt! As far as tubby goes I sat at the table struggling to eat those beans in size 42 trousers. I know they are still sizable but they are a long way from the 54's I was wearing just a few weeks ago!

I might also say I wandered into FitDay and this forum not knowing what to expect and found some great people. While I do not post a great deal, you may rest assured I am checking the posts on a daily basis. Mike, Jen, Felicity and my Smithville Buddy (Mr. Hut Or is that Mr. The Hut?) are a great source of conversation. I also love to read the wisdom of our moderator Medcompo and the Wildbeanerz always has some good stuff to toss in the mix. In short, I am very comfortable here. I hope you will all feel free to check in anytime.

All my best
Bill, so glad to hear you're doing well! I would not be apolgetic about the WLS. I've given it consideration myself, from time to time. And if I didn't have an abject dislike of all things Dr. and hospital related I might have done it.

I do know from other people I know that it is not a panacea and that you DO have to make some behavoir modifications or you can end up right back where you were. So, I think FitDay is a good idea and if the WLS is the tool you need to help get the weight off, so what?

Do keep us informed as to your progress!

Regards,
Michael

PS (and if it's too personal, no need to answer) You must be fairly tall--at 224 and 5'8" or so I'm still in still 38 relaxed jeans and at 393+ I was in 60 relaxed. Of course, most of my excess seems to accumulate around the middle.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Bill and zahut! It does feel good.

Bill ... as Michael said, don't feel bad at all that you used WLS and some of us haven't. Yours is no easy road either. I personally know a man who has had WLS no less than three times and is currently possibly at his heaviest weight yet. I feel bad for him.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

I am new to this site and I am wanting to loose 10 pounds and hoping this site will give me help and advice and support for my weight loss.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Angeleyez07
I am new to this site and I am wanting to loose 10 pounds and hoping this site will give me help and advice and support for my weight loss.
Welcome Aboard the Looney tunes express! (actually this is a great group of people.) I am certain you can find what you need to gain the drive and determination you need to lose weight and fight crime in your off time. Many of the people here are new and I should warn you, we tend to support each other, provide advice and help where we can. So don't be shy, grab your swim suit and jump right in, the waters fine!

If I can assist in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.

All my best
Old 07-13-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everybody,
So, I don't post a lot, but I want you all to know that I read everyday. You are all so alike but different. I love to see how one person reacts to one thing and another take the same situation in their own way. Amazing how many paths we are on to healthy and for so long, we were all on the exact same path to unhealthy. I'm glad to walk this journey with you folks.
I want to tell you all about my weekend.

So I was invited out by a gentleman friend () to go 'mudding' in the Pine barrens on Saturday. So who would say no to that, right? Anyway, it was so much fun! We were out by 8am and we were still hitting the water crossings hard by 5pm. Anyway, shortly after 5pm, we got stuck. And if you've been out in a jeep off road- you know that stuck means stuck. We were waist deep in mud and there isn't a soul around for miles.
In true off road style, my friend had let some folks know that were were going out that day and those folks stay on alert in case you need help. Fortunately for us, there were 2 jeeps on the way. Unfortunately for us- the nearest GPS location was 8 miles away. The main road (it wasn't main- it was made out of sand!) is where we had to meet our rescue team. So, in a valiant, somewhat insane move, we set out on foot to get rescued.
We hiked 8 miles, on sand trails in flip flops! I saw nature up close and personal. I breathed the prettiest air. I saw the most amazing flora and fauna. I had an awesome conversation with a great person. You really can get to know someone in 8 miles!
If that happened in March- I would have had to have been left behind- waiting in the forest by myself. When i say that it is in the middle of no where- the tire tracks on the sand were ours- no one elses since it rained 2 days before! These are the things I am not taking lightly. These are significant, amazing things I am capable of. It may mean nothing to some people, but it means that i am capable. And I will no longer be restricted by a cage of fat. I have so much more to go, but I am simply amazed by my strength and ability now.
I haven't done a time line on my signature, but I think I might now.

Everbest,
Carly
March 27, 2011 374lbs
July 11, 2011 327lbs
There are 47 pounds gone. I dig it.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by carlyonawire
Hey Everybody,
So, I don't post a lot, but I want you all to know that I read everyday. You are all so alike but different. I love to see how one person reacts to one thing and another take the same situation in their own way. Amazing how many paths we are on to healthy and for so long, we were all on the exact same path to unhealthy. I'm glad to walk this journey with you folks.

So I was invited out by a gentleman friend () to go 'mudding' in the Pine barrens on Saturday. So who would say no to that, right? Anyway, it was so much fun! We were out by 8am and we were still hitting the water crossings hard by 5pm. Anyway, shortly after 5pm, we got stuck. And if you've been out in a jeep off road- you know that stuck means stuck. We were waist deep in mud and there isn't a soul around for miles.
In true off road style, my friend had let some folks know that were were going out that day and those folks stay on alert in case you need help. Fortunately for us, there were 2 jeeps on the way. Unfortunately for us- the nearest GPS location was 8 miles away. The main road (it wasn't main- it was made out of sand!) is where we had to meet our rescue team. So, in a valiant, somewhat insane move, we set out on foot to get rescued.
We hiked 8 miles, on sand trails in flip flops! I saw nature up close and personal. I breathed the prettiest air. I saw the most amazing flora and fauna. I had an awesome conversation with a great person. You really can get to know someone in 8 miles!
If that happened in March- I would have had to have been left behind- waiting in the forest by myself. When i say that it is in the middle of no where- the tire tracks on the sand were ours- no one elses since it rained 2 days before! These are the things I am not taking lightly. These are significant, amazing things I am capable of. It may mean nothing to some people, but it means that i am capable. And I will no longer be restricted by a cage of fat. I have so much more to go, but I am simply amazed by my strength and ability now.

Everbest,
Carly
March 27, 2011 374lbs
July 11, 2011 327lbs
Carly, great story! I'd love to check out the Pine Barrens in my Jeep someday. I don't usually go out alone, so we don't worry too much about getting stuck.

My hat is off to you for walking eight miles. I could probably do it now if I HAD to, but I'd not be in good shape at the end. There is no way I could have come close to that when I was at 327--you must be in pretty good shape!

Now, keep up the good work and those excess pounds will keep melting right off.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-13-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Carly, great story! I'd love to check out the Pine Barrens in my Jeep someday. I don't usually go out alone, so we don't worry too much about getting stuck.

My hat is off to you for walking eight miles. I could probably do it now if I HAD to, but I'd not be in good shape at the end. There is no way I could have come close to that when I was at 327--you must be in pretty good shape!

Now, keep up the good work and those excess pounds will keep melting right off.

Regards,
Michael
Hi Michael,
Yes, my feet were killing me! The flip flop is an evil invention!
It's amazing what you can do when you don't have a choice. LOL

Michael, we've got 1 million square miles of Pine Barrens down here. It is Jeep paradise! I know you'd love it! Get your crew together and come on down. We'll meet up and get the jeeps dirty.

Everbest,
Carly
Old 07-14-2011, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carlyonawire
Hey Everybody,

Everbest,
Carly
March 27, 2011 374lbs
July 11, 2011 327lbs

Carly...your post had me on the verge of tears. I am so happy for you! It feels so amazing to get out like that doesn't it? I am happiest when I get to go four wheeling in the state forest on ATVs. I don't know how I would be at the end of 8 miles walking either, but Good for YOU!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Another loonie for your bin

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the fitday forums. Been using the tools for a month but haven't ventured into the forums til now.

I'll confess, I've not read all the posts in this thread. 108 pages is intimidating! So forgive me if I don't know what's going on. I'll pick up on things fast enough.

I'm looking to lose 150 lbs... half of myself! I'm following a paleo style and walking daily - will add weight training at some point, but don't want to take on too much at once. So I'll be around for quite some time -- I'm committed! (or should be )

~Moxy
Old 07-14-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Moxy, welcome! Good luck on your journey! You can do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.