The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Want to introduce myself. I am Jessica and just joined fitday on Tuesday. I am almost at my heaviest weight again and am DETERMINED not to get there. I am inspired by all of the threads I have visited but I will admit to being one of those people who needs a constant cheering section or someone going through the same thing as I am.

My current stats are:

5'4 220 pounds as of today. The day I joined I was at 225 but I think mother nature played a part in that. Trying to see if I set 10 pound goals if it will be a little easier for me to stay motivated. So current goal is 210, only leaves 5 pounds if I go with what I started with when I signed up on tuesday.

I am open to any ideas, suggestions, recommendations, etc.

I look forward to a total CHANGE this time that STICKS!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

It has been a little while since I posted but I have been following along and great to see people's progress and the influx of newbies... It has been a great couple of weeks and I (like Bill and Virus before me) and back in the land of the 200s!!!! I can't wait to be patting you guys on the back for 275, 250, 225 and so on (and vice versa).

@ Amy, Jessica - Welcome to the site... I found that when I started making the changes to my diet, lifestyle and I was an emotional roller coaster, I would come on here and vent a little bit and everyone was very supportive and it made me feel a lot better...

@ Felicity - I have been there so many times with the clothes that I cannot count. Nothing quite like a grown man sniffling in the dressing room of a dept. store. You need to focus on the positives and try to do something small each day that will lead you to a healthier lifestyle... baby steps.

It is funny, the thing that I am looking forward to the most is actually getting back to shopping in normal clothing stores (sadly not there yet).

@Jenn - I'm a TV buff and need to know which show where you watched the entire series in a week!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

So happy to report that although I haven't seen even a quarter of a pound lost I am seeing the inches this week come off! I was feeling guilty last night about not staying on the treadmill longer but the damn heat is about to kill me out in the garage and the asthma has been bad. Today I am ok with it, BUT I do know I need to find something that I like better and that I can maybe do indoors lol.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
It has been a little while since I posted but I have been following along and great to see people's progress and the influx of newbies... It has been a great couple of weeks and I (like Bill and Virus before me) and back in the land of the 200s!!!! I can't wait to be patting you guys on the back for 275, 250, 225 and so on (and vice versa).

It is funny, the thing that I am looking forward to the most is actually getting back to shopping in normal clothing stores (sadly not there yet).
Mike, welcome to the <spicoli>totally tubular twos, dude!</spicoli>

It won't be that long 'til we're in the Onederful ones.

And clothes shopping is great. I stopped into Goodwill today and got an awesome polo shirt (XL) and a size 44 black trench coat for under $10.00.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike

@ Amy, Jessica - Welcome to the site... I found that when I started making the changes to my diet, lifestyle and I was an emotional roller coaster, I would come on here and vent a little bit and everyone was very supportive and it made me feel a lot better...

@ Felicity - I have been there so many times with the clothes that I cannot count. Nothing quite like a grown man sniffling in the dressing room of a dept. store. You need to focus on the positives and try to do something small each day that will lead you to a healthier lifestyle... baby steps.

@Jenn - I'm a TV buff and need to know which show where you watched the entire series in a week!
Hey Mike, How you doing? It has been a while since I heard from you and was hoping you were doing OK! It would appear you are kicking the legendary backside and then recording its name!

I have a question for the group. I am SICK of buying clothes. Even the thrift stores groan when I come in now. I am crashing through clothing sizes faster than I expected. Does anyone know if it is worth the trouble to have some REALLY GOOD and VERY VERY Expensive clothes tailored to smaller sizes? The ones I dread tossing are hand made custom tailored things that I was able to afford in another lifetime.

KEEP STROKING! The finish line is closer every day!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Bill, congratulations on getting to the Two's! I am so happy for you! I just got back from 9 days in Clearwater Beach, FL. Gained 3 pounds and haven't been to the gym for two weeks. It is definitely time to get back to a routine!

Stay positive everyone and have a great day today!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

It has been a journey I am not sure I was capable of taking. Unlike you tough people I had to use a crutch and have gastric bypass. I am not positive this procedure is in my long term interest but knew a decision had to me made. Well, with the information I had available I made the best decision I could.

One thing I can say is this tool I am burdened with does force some element of compliance. I might also say I am now a cheap date! Went to a fast food taco joint the other day and could not finish the re-fried beans I ordered ($1.19) No drink, nothing just the stupid beans and they kicked my lil' tubby butt! As far as tubby goes I sat at the table struggling to eat those beans in size 42 trousers. I know they are still sizable but they are a long way from the 54's I was wearing just a few weeks ago!

I might also say I wandered into FitDay and this forum not knowing what to expect and found some great people. While I do not post a great deal, you may rest assured I am checking the posts on a daily basis. Mike, Jen, Felicity and my Smithville Buddy (Mr. Hut Or is that Mr. The Hut?) are a great source of conversation. I also love to read the wisdom of our moderator Medcompo and the Wildbeanerz always has some good stuff to toss in the mix. In short, I am very comfortable here. I hope you will all feel free to check in anytime.

All my best
Old 07-11-2011, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

I just have to share with someone who will understand. For years I have not put on a swim suit or even been able to sit in the sun without feeling like an icky sticky blob of sweat and uncomfortableness (is that a word?!). For the past few weeks, I have been donning my swim suit which is too big of course and laying out in the privacy of my back yard. Nobody but those in my home can see me, but you have no idea how good it feels. I am not one to overdo it and be tanned like leather and I am concerned with my skin health as well as overall health but it is just a bit of me time on the weekend that for many years I was denying myself. Feels so good and my body looks healthier with that summery glow.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I just have to share with someone who will understand. For years I have not put on a swim suit or even been able to sit in the sun without feeling like an icky sticky blob of sweat and uncomfortableness (is that a word?!). For the past few weeks, I have been donning my swim suit which is too big of course and laying out in the privacy of my back yard. Nobody but those in my home can see me, but you have no idea how good it feels. I am not one to overdo it and be tanned like leather and I am concerned with my skin health as well as overall health but it is just a bit of me time on the weekend that for many years I was denying myself. Feels so good and my body looks healthier with that summery glow.
You GO girl! I will share a secret that could get me tossed out of the man fraternity. A fat guy is in fact a fat guy. HOWEVER, a big woman is just more woman! Don't feel bad I still can't manage to do the trunks in public thing and I am down to a svelte way too fat! You and I both are on a journey to correct that and with patience, hard work and tenacity, we will make it. While I will more than likely never meet you, I am proud of you anyway!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go April! I know how you feel. While I was in Florida I was in my swimsuit every day! I was so proud of myself! And while I thought I looked somewhat ok, I still would not post those pics, not yet anyway!

Bill, we all have a crutch! The important thing is that we are all DOING something now! Hooray for all of us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.