Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Bill...I like that story and it rings so true. I know you can get into the two's. I just did it recently too and it feels so awesome!!!

I made it through going to my step-mom's funeral and eating out every meal for three days this past weekend. The scale shows that I am up four pounds but I dont' believe it. I think it is water. Seems most times that I eat "bad" I have some water to lose.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Achieved a milestone

Today, I stepped onto the little electronic monster that determines how much of a gravitational pull I exert on the planet and it chugged, whirred and threatened me. Then, it spewed forth a number I did not expect. While still a huge number 299.0 is far better than the 396 I have seen in the past.

While I am pleased with the progress, I realized this is only a stepping stone on my journey to find the real me. A long time ago, I was an man who could move, run and command situations. I often wonder if that leader is still inside the tons of fat I buried him in. It is starting to look like I will get the chance to see.

Bill in KC
Old 07-01-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by warren6609
Today, I stepped onto the little electronic monster that determines how much of a gravitational pull I exert on the planet and it chugged, whirred and threatened me. Then, it spewed forth a number I did not expect. While still a huge number 299.0 is far better than the 396 I have seen in the past.

While I am pleased with the progress, I realized this is only a stepping stone on my journey to find the real me. A long time ago, I was an man who could move, run and command situations. I often wonder if that leader is still inside the tons of fat I buried him in. It is starting to look like I will get the chance to see.

Bill in KC
I bet that 299 looks might fine on you, Bill! Congrats and good luck!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carlyonawire
I bet that 299 looks might fine on you, Bill! Congrats and good luck!
Carly,

I am deeply honored you responded. I can't believe the transformation already. But there is STILL A LONG WAY TO GO! I would be lost without the people here who graciously offer support and fellowship. It is truly tragic we can't all meet and really get to know each other!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Just checking in while I have an opportunity. I got back to the Seattle area (kinda) on the 13th, but went from on land line/internet free home to another .

What’s more, my roommate “sublet” my room while I was away. She said that the other lady was supposed to be gone by mid August, but when I asked another of the roommates when she was supposed to move out, I was told that the “temporary” housemate would be there for more than a YEAR.

I’ve been stranded on a small island for the past few weeks (thankfully I have an aunt with a cabin that is usually empty out there) but it isn’t a long term solution…This Island is so small that there is no public transportation. There are also no traffic lights, no street lights, no sidewalks, and no HOSPITAL. There are at least 1,000 trees for every person, only one “general country store”, and not a single restaurant. While this all makes for an awesome vacation spot, it isn’t ideal for job prospects, and makes grocery shopping (or any other life necessity) nearly impossible, especially without a car .

Due to all of the stresses, and my personal food demons, I’m almost back up to where I was when I started this journey more than 6 months ago . I’m hoping that I will be back in town before the end of July, and that I will have a steady job and place to live, but we’ll see what God has in store for me next…Every closed door brings an open window…right???

Congrats to all who have been successful on their journeys so far and welcome to the 2s for so many in the past few weeks. (I’m at about 240 right now).
Dear Jen,

You are correct that life throws challenges at us all the time. Your positive spin on this obviously unwarranted and undesirable situation shows your fortitude and your courage. I for one have felt terribly alone during my journey and want to stress we do not have to feel that way. While you have your solitude take the time to watch a sunrise, search your soul and to journal. Then, walk some more! and journal. After that catch a sunset and be honored to be alive, vital and on a mission.

I very much struggle with depression and a positive self image. Why don't you let me bear that burden so you don't have to? You have had a small slip. Proves your human! Now get back in the game, find your smile and keep moving forward!

We are all here for you if you want to talk!

Bill in KC (Missing the ocean)
Old 07-03-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Well, yesterday was my birthday. Let's just say there was lots food... and alcohol. I'm afraid to even weigh myself now. I'm sure I've probably crept back up over 300. At any rate it's time to get back on track. Wish me luck.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Well, yesterday was my birthday. Let's just say there was lots food... and alcohol. I'm afraid to even weigh myself now. I'm sure I've probably crept back up over 300. At any rate it's time to get back on track. Wish me luck.
Happy belated birthday Virus.

If you enjoyed yourself don't worry about it. You took a much needed day off. Considering how well you have done in the past few months I doubt whatever you gained will stick around for very long if at all, may just be lots of "water" retention. Good luck
Old 07-03-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Peppy. The next big goal I have in mind is 250. For some reason that's the number that's standing out. I'd like to reach it by Christmas. That should be doable. That would be 50 pounds in 6 months.

But for now I'm just gonna focus on the next 10% challenge, which if I remember correctly should be the Columbus day challenge. If I'm figuring right, that should put me down to around 269.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Happy BD!

Make sure you enter all the goodies in your log. Then, wait at least a week before weighing in. And most importantly, don't beat yourself up about it. The great thing about our approach to weight loss is that there's no need to be "perfect" all the time, just reasonably on-plan most of the time.

I'm going to camp this week, I will eat over my usual limit, I will drink too much tequila. I'll come home a few pounds heavier. Within a week, I'll be right back where I was and losing again.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hello! I just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Amy and I'm 28. I was a pudgy baby, a chubby kid, a fat teenager, and now I'm a huge adult. And I'd like to change that. I started out strong and lost 30 pounds between May 23 and the last week of June. However, I fell off the wagon (with a rather large thud!) last week and I gained back almost 6 pounds. I'm not willing to fail like so many times before. I've been blessed enough to have no major issues due to my weight, but I'm not so naive as to think I can sidestep diabetes and high blood pressure forever, so I'm making a change now. I have roughly 300 pounds to lose - I cringe just typing that. I hope to get to know all of you along my journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.