Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

I'm staying right at 301. No budge in that scale. It's only been a couple of days, but I'm just so excited to be about to pass up 300! My impatience isn't getting the best of me yet, but it is frustrating. My goal was to break 300 in time for my birthday next month, which is certainly in the bag. So I can't really complain. Just thought I'd post a little update.

It's time to leave the 300's and never turn back!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by warren6609
Am I the only one here who has found a favorite food unworthy?

Bill in KC
This has happened to me, too. I think it's partly a real physiological change. For example, when I'm not eating way too many carbs (which is my MO when I'm out of control with my eating), my sensitivity to "sweet" changes and things taste way sweeter than they did before, so I can't stand diet Coke, which I used to love, and I basically like everything in it's unsweetened state.

I also think restaurants often use high fat as a way to give flavor to inferior ingredients. When we're not eating much fat, that doesn't work: we just taste the fat and it's kind of gross and there's not the flavor of the meat or whatever we're hoping for.

Latest discovery for me: I can make a good version of "buffalo wings". I used to love both the real wings version and the chicken nuggets version, but both are over the top fat. But the bottled sauce is fine. So I did lightly breaded turkey cutlet nuggets, pan fried. Just a tablespoon of bread crumbs and a teaspoon of olive oil and lots of good turkey protein. It was fantastic and will definitely be on my list when I have a junk food urge.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the input. I have found less and less foods to have an appeal. One thing I have came up with was a highly modified Shepard's pie. I make about 1/2 cup of instant mashed potatoes (I use chicken broth in place of water) I sprinkle 1.5-2 oz. of shredded chicken across the top and then use 1/2 slice of good cheese across the top. Microwave for 2 minutes and sprinkle with a touch of Hot sauce. Stir and eat! I wind up with a low carb high protein meal that I like and still meets my nutritional requirements.

It only takes 3 minutes or so to prepare!

Keep moving forward!

Bill in KC
Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in a small town in Ky. one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Default The good the bad and the ugly! (truth)

Ok still on the right path, I have a horrible cold its been going on all week. I ate good yesterday (good)
still no exercise (bad)
Ok this is the think I think I'm using my cold and knee pain as an excuse for not exercising. (ugly truth) I think there's more to it, just don't know yet!!!
I know these ramblings probably don't make any sense to anyone but they help me work thing's out in my head.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

I know the feeling of not exercising due to a pain somewhere. About a month ago I tweeked something in my left hip and it is either a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle but it affects my hip and just above the outside of my ankle on the same leg. I had to quit walking. Only during the last week I have started again and only about half what I had built up to in the months prior. I have come to realize that the more I use the leg the less it actually hurts, but if I sit around and baby it, I could cry in pain when I try to get going again. I did continue with my other workout routines during this non-walking time though. It has slowed down my losses to almost non-existant though. But the good news is....I am not regaining. And I haven't been eating the best the past two weeks or so either.

Gosh....now I am rambling, LOL!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
FitDay Member

Question My first shot at exercise

Today I went to a local park to start a walking program. I have done little in the way of exercise since my surgery three weeks ago. After just a few steps I noticed a pain in my lower back and thought of stopping. I decided against it and pressed on. I have been battling weakness since my surgery and really fought against stopping due to being weak. (avg. 650 cals a day) To my surprise, I actually felt a bit better after the walk. I was tired and the weakness was a bit diminished. I sat a few minutes and watched some runners make two circuits of the course I had just walked in less time than I made one. In six months I need to be running! The drive back to work was better than the drive to the park!

The moral of this pitiful tale is to press on and make your dreams possible!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Down 2lbs this week, for a total of -12 since the end of May.

Best part of the week: I got up my nerve to go swimming at the lake. First time in years I can remember having no joint issues, so I could swim all out, not pulling any punches. In the spirit of "find exercise you love", this is now on my list for the rest of the summer.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:01 PM
FitDay Member

What's all your best tips for breaking through a plateau? I've been looking to hit the 200's but I've been stuck at just over 300 for what feels like a couple of weeks now (haven't checked my records yet). I've tried eating less, I've tried eating a bit more, but my weight just won't break that 300 mark. It's KILLING me. It fluctuates daily from 301 to 304 to 302 to 300, but I can't seem to get it below that. I'm soooo frustrated right now. At this rate it doesn't even look like I'm going to hit my 10% goal of 293. I think I'll just change that goal to breaking 300, which honestly is more important to me right now anyway.

Anyway I'm just venting a little. I'm sure I'll get there any day now. Any advice anyone wants to give will be appreciated. I'll try anything at this point.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
What's all your best tips for breaking through a plateau? I've been looking to hit the 200's but I've been stuck at just over 300 for what feels like a couple of weeks now (haven't checked my records yet). I've tried eating less, I've tried eating a bit more, but my weight just won't break that 300 mark. It's KILLING me. It fluctuates daily from 301 to 304 to 302 to 300, but I can't seem to get it below that. I'm soooo frustrated right now. At this rate it doesn't even look like I'm going to hit my 10% goal of 293. I think I'll just change that goal to breaking 300, which honestly is more important to me right now anyway.

Anyway I'm just venting a little. I'm sure I'll get there any day now. Any advice anyone wants to give will be appreciated. I'll try anything at this point.

Don't despair, the losses WILL start up again. It's happened to me from time to time during the last year. You've just got to ride it out and be patient. Weigh and measure your portions carefully, do your exercise and drink your water.

Sometimes our bodies just stubbornly hang onto fat sometimes, then BANG!, five or six pounds will go in a week. I don't know why, and I agree that it is frustrating. The cool thing is that if you are accurately tracking your deficit you really don't have to worry.

So stay the course, man, and we'll all be celebrating your entry into the Terrific Twos in short order!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-21-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

VirusInside,
It is important that we eventually reach our weight loss and fitness goals, but we don't need to reach them overnight. I like the challenges, I think they are fun and they give us something to work toward, but I don't think we should take them too seriously. The last thing we need is more stress. My advice is to go do something fun, that you would have had a hard time doing 6 months ago and reflect on how far you have come. Relax and enjoy the journey, the losses will come eventually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.