The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by boolz
No, no, no. I was really unclear, wasn't I? I was saying that I make sure I hit at least 100%RDA on everything except carbs, on carbs I only do at most 75%RDA. In other words, since I'm eating low cal, I'm trying to make sure I get proper nutrients.

As per cent of total calories, my carbs are usually 30-33%. Protein is anywhere 34-40% and fat is anywhere 28-34%, depending on the choices any one day.

I really LOVE this part of fitday, that I can track stuff like that. It keeps me from getting in the rut of eating the same old "safe" food, which has always been a diet killer for me in the past: sick of what I'm eating, but afraid that experimenting will make me gain.
Hey, you're doing great. And, the forums really haven't been here all that long but I agree, they are a big help in keeping motivated and communicating with others who are fighting the fitness battle.

I would NOT worry about uneven losses--my body works the same way. A small loss, perhaps no loss, a pound or five up, then a big loss, then up a pounds, etc. It is the average loss that is important. As long as you are accurately logging your calorie deficit you WILL lose.

And yes, I agree the first week was likely mostly fluid loss as your body adjusts. Just keep on doing what you're doing for a few weeks and see what happens.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-12-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in a small town in Ky. one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Talking

Originally Posted by mecompco
Go to User CP in the blue menu bar, then find Edit Signature and enter what you like. There is no facility for automatic updates so you'll want to edit when you wish.

Regards,
Michael
Thank's so much Mike, I wanted to post my mini goals, so I would hold myself accountable!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Cool It's always something!

As a Gastric Bypass patient, I am severely limited in what I can eat as I am still in the healing process. Since I am doing quote well in my recovery I have been slowly and carefully trying new foods to see if I can tolerate them. Today I went to Wendy's since I have been craving a cheeseburger for well over a month. Well, I have been good, I feel good and I was going to give it a try. Ohhhh Boooooy!

I ordered the Jr. Cheeseburger and waited with great anticipation. When I got it I stopped by the condiment center and picked up a knife and fork (at least the plastic equivalent) I removed the 1.25 Oz patty from the bun and set to. Not only was the tiny patty tasteless, it was full of small bone chips. The pickles were mushy and the cheese was apparently not the real stuff but some amalgam of crud that looked like cheese and tasted like air. WHAT A LETDOWN! Am I the only one here who has found a favorite food unworthy?

I wasted an entire meal on that thing and can't imagine going back.

OK, Venting over! I feel better, at least I think I feel better... PLEASE I need to feel better!

Bill in KC
Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by warren6609
Am I the only one here who has found a favorite food unworthy?
Haha, far from it! A year or so ago, my absolute favorite was pizza - preferably the legit stuff from the NY Metro area, but any of the chain stuff would do it for me in a pinch - salty, cheesy, fatty, yum yum. Well, I have to tell you that now that I make my own pizza, the chain stuff and yes, even the legit NYC pizza, just doesn't do it for me anymore. It seems that as I rarely eat crap anymore, I really just don't enjoy it like I used to.

Sorry to hear your cheeseburger was a letdown - but you'll develop new, healthier favorites, I promise. But I will say, as a fellow cheeseburger lover, when I choose to indulge that craving, I either make my own or go out and get one at a nice sit-down place. I realize you have limitations because of the bypass, but just something you may want to keep in mind. The fast food cheeseburgers really are pretty crappy and tasteless, IMHO.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

I too understand that a favorite food changes in taste when you are making your own at home. I used to partake of a MacDonald's 1/4lb every couple of weeks till I decided to check out it's nutritional information - OMG! did I ever change my mind about having one of those that often it has close to 900 calories and over 1000 mg of sodium that doesn't include the fries or the drink... Needless to say unless I fall off the wagon big time I won't be partaking of that burger again for a while. Making food at home you can experiment with new flavours and of course reduce the sodium content.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I think I've had exactly two McDonald's dollar menu McDoubles in the last year, and they were nasty and I only ate them as we were traveling. I just don't have a taste for that crap anymore, and I used to have my 30 minute lunch time down to a science so I could drive thru and have the meal done as I drove in time to get back to work (a couple McDoubles, fries, chocolate shake and a couple of apple pies).

So yup, I think you're tastes will change for the better and that's a good thing!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-12-2011, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Well, here I am in Fort Worth for the next 5 days and so far there does not seem to be a big selection of healthy food. Maybe tomorrow when I check out the hotel restaurant it will be better than room service was.

I did make it down to the fitness center. Not bad for a hotel. But I did forget my knee brace so I am hoping there is a pharmacy close by . It is going to be a challenge this week! I don't like being out of my normal routine!

Last edited by zahut; 06-13-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Eating while Traveling! What a rush!

You GO Dude! I have been trying to work out since the surgery (three weeks tomorrow) bu have been getting progressively weaker. I am very concerned about my lack of a rebound. Is it possible the 650 -750 calories a day I have been able to take in are not enough? I am eating until full and just can't manage to get any more down.

I have called the Dr. who tells me weakness is normal. However, I am getting extremely concerned. Yesterday I had to go to a store for some provisions and had to stop and rest part way through the walk. I was weak to the point of being shaky!

Your thoughts?

Bill Still in KC! (Wish I was in Fort Worth today as well!)
Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in a small town in Ky. one of the most beautiful places on earth!

[QUOTE=zahut;48513]Well, here I am in Fort Worth for the next 5 days and so far there does not seem to be a big selection of healthy food. Maybe tomorrow when I check out the hotel restaurant it will be better than room service was.

I did make it down to the fitness center. Not bad for a hotel. But I did forget my knee brace so I am hoping there is a pharmacy close by . It is going to be a challenge this week! I don't like being out of my normal routine![/QUOTE ]

I have found that in traveling, a great way to cut calories is to request a mini fridge in my room, stock up on fruit, low-fat yogurt, and other healthy choices. Eat breakfast, and snacks and ether lunch or dinner in your room. This will allow 1 splurge meal where you can sample the local flavor without feeling guilty.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Post The good the bad and the ugly!

So I made it one more day!! I am finally starting to get over this cold I could taste breakfast this morning. So far I have lost 3lbs this week!{good}
I haven't worked out in the last 4 day's!{bad}
I ate 8 double stuff cookies last night {ugly}

TODAY IS A NEW DAY!! I WILL TRY TO HAVE MORE GOOD TODAY,then bad and ugly!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.