Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in a small town in Ky. one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Talking

Thanks Pam

I have some support but not by people who know what im going thru so glad I found this site!! You have started this journey and you can do it. I hope I can do it with you!!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Oh man I am on a roll this week! Another pound down this morning! 301 and counting. Technically 301.2, but I always round to the nearest whole pound. I can't believe I've lost 57 pounds now. It feels amazing. I've still a long way to go, but this sure is a great start.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in a small town in Ky. one of the most beautiful places on earth!

WOW that's wonderful, almost in the 2's keep going!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Pamalalala
Klotter - I am right there with you! I stepped on the scale for the first time in 2 years and I almost fell over - I was guessing my self at around 330 and I saw a whopping 365! I would like to lose 200 pounds by my 44th birthday which is February, 2013.

My mind has finally made the shift it needed to. My mother is very heavy and very ill - she acts 94 when she is only 64 - I have decided that is NOT my future!!!!

You go girl!!!

365.0 lb June 6, 2011
360.4 lb June 10, 2011
329.5 lb 10% goal by Sept 6, 2011
165 lb Ultimate goal by Feb 13, 2013 (Birthday) - Not sure if possible!

Total loss 4.6 lbs - I am sure mostly water

F42 5'8"
Welcome! Have no doubt that losing 200 in two years is entirely possible--you may even find it doesn't take that long. If I can lose a documented 158 in a year (plus probably another 50 or so undocumented) than anyone can.

If there's anything I can do to help, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-11-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wow....

So may of you are doing so well. Congrats!

It must be the weather? or season? I was stuck at 228 for 3+ weeks. Then out of the blue I started to drop again. Success is only one pound at a time. However, today I broke the 220 barrier and weighed in at 219.4

It feels so good. I am looking forward to being less than 200 and in the last century of numbers

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Well, after a great first week loss of 9 lbs, my second week was nothing to write home about: a whopping -1 lb. All loss is good, yada yada, but this was with me eating very, very well, tracking every bite and working out several times. Not counting the work outs, I was eating at about a 1500 calorie deficit. And the weird thing, I dropped the one pound the first day, bounced up 2.5 lbs, and then finally worked my way down again.

My theory: that first week obviously contained a lot of water weight loss, couldn't be all fat or close to it. So maybe my body hyper-corrected, lost more water than it should have and "recovered" this week. I can't think of any other explanation. In tracking, I'm scrupulous about monitoring my RDA, so even when I'm eating low, I make sure all of those are 100% or more, except carbs. Carbs I keep at about 75%.

If anyone else has any other theories, I'd be happy to hear them. Otherwise, I'll just chalk it up to the mysteries of weight loss. I feel good, am not hungry, feel way stronger and more energetic even at this size.

GREAT to see all the amazing progress by others in this thread. What an inspiration. I so wish I'd visited the forums when I first started with fitday. Makes me wonder if I wouldn't have had such a serious back slide? Oh, well. That was then, this is now. I'm here now.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the loss!

When you say you keep carbs at 75%, do you mean they are 75% of your total calories? If so, that seems a bit high and can be the reason for the fluctuation. With a lot of carbs comes water weight and also, the more carbs you eat the less fat you burn. Carbs are the body's preferred energy source and if you lower the carbs your body will rely on the burning of bodyfat.
Of course, the type of carbs you eat also matters.

How much protein are you eating? If you lift weights, you should eat 1g of lean protein per lb of lean body mass to lose fat and not lbm.

Our bodies can do some weird things sometimes and water weight can definitely mess with you!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RENOAK
Congrats on the loss!

When you say you keep carbs at 75%, do you mean they are 75% of your total calories? If so, that seems a bit high and can be the reason for the fluctuation. ....
No, no, no. I was really unclear, wasn't I? I was saying that I make sure I hit at least 100%RDA on everything except carbs, on carbs I only do at most 75%RDA. In other words, since I'm eating low cal, I'm trying to make sure I get proper nutrients.

As per cent of total calories, my carbs are usually 30-33%. Protein is anywhere 34-40% and fat is anywhere 28-34%, depending on the choices any one day.

I really LOVE this part of fitday, that I can track stuff like that. It keeps me from getting in the rut of eating the same old "safe" food, which has always been a diet killer for me in the past: sick of what I'm eating, but afraid that experimenting will make me gain.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Question question???

This is probably a silly question and I might be having one of my blond moments but do you all type in your dates, weights, and goals that you put at the bottom example: date weight
date weight
goal
or is there some way you save it? and just pop it in???
and if you do how??
Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by klottergirl
This is probably a silly question and I might be having one of my blond moments but do you all type in your dates, weights, and goals that you put at the bottom example: date weight
date weight
goal
or is there some way you save it? and just pop it in???
and if you do how??
Go to User CP in the blue menu bar, then find Edit Signature and enter what you like. There is no facility for automatic updates so you'll want to edit when you wish.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.