The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Back from camp and starting to catch up on the forums--it's fun but its great to be home and to get back to my normal eating plan. I don't intend to weigh in for at least a week--I'm sure Jose Cuervo was NOT a friend of the scale .

But that's life--had a few days of fun, didn't go off the deep end eating, got a bit of exercise in (a nice three mile walk this morning, before the blackflies got bad) and now right back on plan.

Have a great day, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-31-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by warren6609
Last Tuesday, May 24th I underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery. I started this mess at 396 (Yep, a bona fide fat man!) Size 52 trousers and 3x tees. Please note that this weight was around June of 2010 and I have been working to reduce and strengthen since that time. At the time I started the weight loss investigations, I was around 370 and was at 337 the day of surgery. My goal is 195 pounds and I am flexible there. I have always been heavily muscled and was shocked the surgeon remarked I had a six pack under that fat.

Well, I want to let it out, get away from medications and find my smile.

My current weight is 331 so I have 137 pounds to go!

I have no home (mortgage crisis bit me HARD)
No income (my business is in the toilet)
and no life.... So the only thing left to do is put on my grown up Man pants and get busy fixing this mess.
I started with me!

I am looking for support and friends! I live in Kansas City and used to travel the world. It is probable I have been near your home at one point in my life. please say hello and let's beat this weight thing together!

Bill in KC
Hi Bill,
Of all of those things you listed, YOU are the most important one. I'm new here too and the support here is amazing! Don't underestimate it. Congratulations on the successful start!
Everbest,
Carly in NJ
Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Nyc mike

You got it brother. I used to work for Nikon out off exit 49 of the LIE! Small world huh? If you want to correspond off the board I will provide an email address. Let me know!

Bill in KC

By the way today's weight was 325..... Getting there!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carlyonawire
Hi Bill,
Of all of those things you listed, YOU are the most important one. I'm new here too and the support here is amazing! Don't underestimate it. Congratulations on the successful start!
Everbest,
Carly in NJ
Carly,

I used to work on Long Island.. Not exactly next door but we have walked a lot of the same ground! I want to thank you for the kind words and the support. I have been struggling a bit with some depression since the surgery. I am told a little depression is not uncommon. Well, I got it. However, I do NOT have to keep it! I journaled about needing to start some exercise to start toning and working on improving my health. I am far enough past the surgery that I am going to work on a steady walk for a few days. We are blessed with a walking trail here and I will use it (provided the bicyclists do not run me over!) After I get back on solid food (liquid diet since May 20) I want to start an actual workout. Slow and steady will get the job done... right?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi.

I'm new to the forum, but have been using Fitday for a couple of years. As you can see from my sig, I had a really good start, but also a really bad slip. Now, I'm determined to fix this once and for all before I let all my hard work disappear. I've got a very good start this week, and I thought I'd tap into the forum for further help/support/etc. I know I'll have good numbers to report on my first weigh in, this Saturday.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by boolz
Hi.

I'm new to the forum, but have been using Fitday for a couple of years. As you can see from my sig, I had a really good start, but also a really bad slip. Now, I'm determined to fix this once and for all before I let all my hard work disappear. I've got a very good start this week, and I thought I'd tap into the forum for further help/support/etc. I know I'll have good numbers to report on my first weigh in, this Saturday.
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats to you for taking control before things got totally out of hand like I did after I stopped using FitDay the last itme. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Okay as of today, my BMI is exactly 40.24. So I'm really close to finally having a BMI under 40, which I haven't had since high school. I finally managed to break 306, which I had been hovering at for a pretty good while now. I'm sure my setback this past weekend had something to do with it. Anyway, it feels good to be at 305.

299 is soooooo close. It can't get here fast enough, I'll tell you that much.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:51 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you VirusInside for getting under that 306 mark. I know exactly what you mean about that 299 seeming to never get here. Mine took like three weeks of sitting right at 302. I was so frustrated. Now I reached 297 about a week ago and it felt awesome! You can do it too.

On a personal note for me, I haven't been able to go for walks for almost three weeks now so I am relying on working out and eating right to at least not gain weight. I know I should still be losing and I am but slower than when I can walk. About three weeks ago I planted more flowers in my perennial beds and the next day my hip was aching. Ever since then it aches like a toothache and spreads down the outside of my leg. Then of course my calf & shin get sore too from overcompensating for the sore hip. I keep thinking it is getting better and I will put off going to the doctor but I guess if it isn't in the next week, I will have to make an appointment. I just don't see how going to my family doctor is going to help this issue. Maybe I will make a chiro appt before going the dr route. My hubby thinks it is my sciatic nerve being pinched. He has lots of experience in that area so I am tending to believe him. I just wish I could fix it on my own.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Ok. One week into my restart and I've dropped 9 lbs. I'm very happy with that, and am managing to resist the magical thinking that I could do that every week. But I ate well all week, felt only mild and appropriate hunger right before meals, and got to the gym 3 times. I'm going to try to improve on that part this week. I'd really like to drop the next 5 pretty fast, because then I'll be at my goal weight for getting back on my bicycle.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

I've been a total wreck as usual, I'm feeling like giving up on myself, and on life. I haven't cared to count my calories or weigh myself. I don't eat some days or even get out of bed except for to use the washroom. I just feel like I'm empty inside and my huge disgusting body is caving in. Don't think I'll be able to participate in the forum much while I'm so depressed and have nothing to contribute so I just wish all of you the best of luck with your weight-loss and thank you again for everyone who helped me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.