The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default I guess I will join you 2

My name is Lisa. I am trying to lose 100 pounds as well. So far I have managed to lose 11 pounds in about 2 months. Now it is time to get serious.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, this is the third time I have tried to post something! Maybe this time it will work.

I am a 48 year old female, 5'5" and a single mom to a GREAT son!

I have finally admitted to myself that I need to lose 100 pounds, and the chart actually says a little more than that. I can't imagine myself at that size. I remember being a size 16 in college and it has only went up from there.

I think part of the problem is that I have never committed to any type of lifestyle change. I would diet for 2 or 3 days, then give up. This time, I have given myself a goal of one year. I am looking at it as losing 20 pounds 5 times, and I like that idea. Plus, I have really changed the way I am eating.

I started on WW on 4-29 because they had a 3 month special. I probably won't keep doing that after the 3 months, but I feel more in control of my eating than I ever have. I go to the gym at least 5 days a week.

I want to say thank you to all of you on here. Your posts are so motivating and inspiring! I am looking forward to sharing my success also! Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

I had my second weekly weigh in today and am generally happy with the results... It is challenging as you want to see results every day but that is just now how it works, and I know that. I have noticed that since I started eating a healthier diet and stopped (serious) overeating that I have major mood swings (more grumpy/sad then happy unfortunately). I am only a couple of weeks in, will they pass?

Thanks for the welcome message Michael.

Congrats on reaching the big 50 Virus, I cannot wait until I can post that...

NYCMike

--------------------
May 10, 2011 - Starting weight - 341
May 23, 2011 - current weight - 328
June 10, 1010 - Near term Goal - 320
Long term goal - under 200
Old 05-24-2011, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the newcomers. It is great to have you all join us.

Originally Posted by angiemthomas
Today i shopped for very healthy food at the store. That is my first step. Not sure where to go from here!
Your next step is to log everything, no matter how trivial you think it is. This will help you figure out where your calories are coming from, once you know where your calories are coming from you can start making changes accordingly. If you have questions just ask, there are plenty of people here who are eager to help.

Originally Posted by BassPlayerBrittney
I plan on getting married May 5, 2012 and I want to look my best. I'm afraid to set a weight loss goal, because I have a tendency to set my goals way to high. I just want to be healthier and feel/look great on my big day.

Eventually though I would like to be 140lbs, but I don't like a year is enough time to achieve a goal that large.
Alot can happen in a year if you are dedicated to it, and it sounds like you have some great motivation, everyone wants to look their best on their wedding day. Stick with it and you will do great.

Originally Posted by sexy160
My name is Lisa. I am trying to lose 100 pounds as well. So far I have managed to lose 11 pounds in about 2 months. Now it is time to get serious.
Hi Lisa, 11 pounds in 2 months is a great start, keep up the good work.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome

Welcome Aboard Brittney, Angie and Sexy,

You have all takin a big step on your new journey to a healthy, happy you. Having decided to do something about your weight is not a trivial start. You will find the group here is very supportive, full of ideas and experiences and ready to cheer you on when you get frustrated.

For goal setting there is a weekly motivational thread and one of the Mike's does a 10% weight loss challenge every three months. There are also many diet, exercise and other tips. Read, filter and take what suits you.

What ever you decide, take small steps, track what you eat and what you do. The trends will quickly become apparent, and you will know how your body responds.

Let us know how things are going....
Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Drummmmm Rollllllllllllllll please....

Some of you may remember my frustrations with multiple plateaus over the last 2-3 months...weeks with out a loss and then a sudden drop. In a search to find other ways to measure my success, many of you encouraged me to add body measurements to my routine. So on March 25th I did my first set of measurements. These were limited to bicep, chest, waist, hips and thigh. I did the second measure today (wanted to ensure a change was happening and be patient). The results are in after 2 months:

Bicep -1"
Chest -3.5"
Waist -3.5"
Hips -3"
Thigh -3"

For a total of 14" reduction....man that feels good. I still have many more inches to go..but there is nothing like the feeling of positive progress.

Wishing you all a great week. Keep smiling.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
Congrats on reaching the big 50 Virus, I cannot wait until I can post that...
Thanks Mike! It'll happen before you know it. Just stay the course. You're doing pretty damn good so far.

As for me, it's time to knuckle down and lose another 50.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default 103 Lbs to Lose

My name is Chambo.

I started this gig on March 10, 2011 @ 290 lbs.
2.5 months later @ 288 lbs

Something needs to change. I'm a pretty patient guy but a pound a month ain't gonna do the trick, at least not when I was teetering on 300. Anyway I'm here.

Current Stats:
Neck 17"
Biceps 17"
Forearm 12.5"
Chest 48"
Waist 52"
Hips 50.5"
Thigh 32"
Calf 19"
Bench Press: 245 X 3 (wanted to add something fun)

I'll be honest, I'm 24, losing my hair, and a fatty. Not much I can do about the hair so time to take control of the weight.

185 lbs here I come.

"God save me rejection, in my reflection, I want perfection."
Old 05-24-2011, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

congrats on the good results everyone! & welcome to the new members.
I lost another pound which is pretty good considering how depressed I've been. Hoping I can keep losing again.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Rage_of_Achilles
My name is Chambo.

I started this gig on March 10, 2011 @ 290 lbs.
2.5 months later @ 288 lbs

Something needs to change. I'm a pretty patient guy but a pound a month ain't gonna do the trick, at least not when I was teetering on 300. Anyway I'm here.

Current Stats:
Neck 17"
Biceps 17"
Forearm 12.5"
Chest 48"
Waist 52"
Hips 50.5"
Thigh 32"
Calf 19"
Bench Press: 245 X 3 (wanted to add something fun)

I'll be honest, I'm 24, losing my hair, and a fatty. Not much I can do about the hair so time to take control of the weight.

185 lbs here I come.

"God save me rejection, in my reflection, I want perfection."
Chambo, welcome! Congrats on deciding to get this done while you're young--lemme tell ya', it gets harder with age!

Now, I agree you should be dropping weight more quickly. What are you running for a calorie deficit? At a 1500 daily deficit you should be able to lose three pounds a week on average. Exercise? Water?

Give us some more details and we'll see if we can't figure out why you're not losing.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.