The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Pictures

As promised, I posted a "before" and "current" picture over on the Success Stories forum to commemorate my One Year anniversary of my lifestyle change and re-joining FitDay.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

Good day my Fitday Friends.

Just checking in to let you all know I am still on the journey and hope to be back soon as a regular contributor.

My progress is slow but steady (lots of plateaus it seems). I am able to keep to the eating life style and exercise is not as intense (somedays its just long walks with the puppy - not the eliptical, weights or yoga I was doing).

Life is exciting but tiring and pulling me in all directions. Mon-in-law is moved in and settled. She bought a new puppy for us to look after. Daughter is home from university. Moved son in to his new apartment. Started a new job 2 weeks ago (was made an offer and had to decided on the spot).

The job is actually setting up an office, new team and working across the enterprise to lead a multi-Million dollar business change.

Hope you are all doing well and getting some good spring weather.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Good day my Fitday Friends.

Just checking in to let you all know I am still on the journey and hope to be back soon as a regular contributor.

My progress is slow but steady (lots of plateaus it seems). I am able to keep to the eating life style and exercise is not as intense (somedays its just long walks with the puppy - not the eliptical, weights or yoga I was doing).

Life is exciting but tiring and pulling me in all directions. Mon-in-law is moved in and settled. She bought a new puppy for us to look after. Daughter is home from university. Moved son in to his new apartment. Started a new job 2 weeks ago (was made an offer and had to decided on the spot).

The job is actually setting up an office, new team and working across the enterprise to lead a multi-Million dollar business change.

Hope you are all doing well and getting some good spring weather.
Jacqueline, good to hear from you--was just wondering how you were doing the other day.

Sounds like life it just full of excitement for you right now--big congrats on being able to deal with it all and keep on plan.

Don't worry about the time frame--I like instant gratification myself but am being convinced that slow and more-or-less steady is the answer here.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Pissed off. Did 6 hours of swimming, 1.5 hours with my trainer, 3 hours of water aerobics and ate an average of 1500 calories last week and lost zero pounds!

Boy, I wan to hit it harder next week but my trainer said I should eat the 1500 and back off the exercise next week. That seems wrong. Comments?
Old 05-07-2011, 03:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Skiboy1
Pissed off. Did 6 hours of swimming, 1.5 hours with my trainer, 3 hours of water aerobics and ate an average of 1500 calories last week and lost zero pounds!

Boy, I wan to hit it harder next week but my trainer said I should eat the 1500 and back off the exercise next week. That seems wrong. Comments?
Not much to say, except that it does happen that way sometimes. I'd take the trainer's suggestion and see what happens next week. Excercise can actually make you retain fluid in the short term. Keep it up and the loses will start again.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone, I've been doing horribly.
Haven't logged in even. One of my close friend passed away so I have really let myself go the last month. But I'm back in now. Luckily I didn't gain any weight. Didn't lose any either. Hoping I can still make my July 4th goal & hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi all,

Great thread. Great motivation here. I'm starting at 340 and my ultimate goal is 200. Long way to go but thats why we are here.

Tim
Old 05-09-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Haven't logged in even. One of my close friend passed away so I have really let myself go the last month. But I'm back in now. Luckily I didn't gain any weight. Didn't lose any either. Hoping I can still make my July 4th goal & hope everyone is doing well.
Good to see you back!

Sorry to hear about your friend--it's a tough thing to deal with, I know.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Lose_to_fight
Hi all,

Great thread. Great motivation here. I'm starting at 340 and my ultimate goal is 200. Long way to go but thats why we are here.

Tim
Tim, I see you found our thread--that's great. I find it nice to talk with others who are/were in our same situation.

Luckily, you're starting out 100 pounds less than I had to a year ago. If you get the right plan in place, I don't see why you couldn't reach your goal in a year or less pretty comfortably if you stick with it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Sorry to hear about your loss. Many of us would've gained like crazy after something like that, so good job maintaining your progress. Just try to stay focused. You'll be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.