Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone, been a few days since I've posted. Friday was my brothers birthday and we had a little party here, with a ton of junk like cake, icecream,& chips!! I sort of let myself go after having a little nibble on some of it. "what the heck I guess I'll just splurge this weekend" o.o Sugar demon possession. Anyways I have no idea how many calories I ate. I estimated at around 2000 each of the last 2 days, but I logged 3000 for the last 2 days just to be safe. Wouldn't be surprised if I gained a little bit of weight, but I have plenty of guilt-made motivation for the week ahead. Going down to 1000 calories each day of the week should make up for it. Well hope everyones had a good weekend so far, bet you've all done a better job with the self-restraint then I did. I guess this was a big test that I failed. Next time I'll try harded to say no, and have some healthy snack alternatives for when everyone is munching on chips. *going to move on now*

Great job losing another 2 pounds VirusInside you are awesome!!!!Jacqueline you've done so well too so hang in there and I'm sure your weight will start coming off faster again. Hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow Michael good job doing 2 miles every day!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Misery! And don't sweat the birthday setback. Nothing wrong with a little indulgence every once in a while. Just keep moving forward!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Thanks Misery! And don't sweat the birthday setback. Nothing wrong with a little indulgence every once in a while. Just keep moving forward!
That's spot-on advice right there (Git-R-Done!)

There's no need to be "perfect" on our plans and a little walk on the "wild side" once in a blue moon is fine (perhaps even a good idea). Don't, however, let it get to be a habit (speaking from experiance).

Have a great week!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-09-2011, 11:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hi everyone, and welcome to all of the new comers

I finally got a scale yesterday, so now I can quit wasting money on WW meetings, and I will have a true weight, because I will be in the same thing every time I weigh (nothing )! My official weigh in will be Monday mornings, and I will make my new “starting weight” my current weight in my signature.

According to the last “official” weigh in on Tuesday night, I actually GAINED 1.6#s this week , but I can’t be all that upset since I was way off track on my road trip last weekend .
Jen, good to hear from you again--sounds like the trip was fun and if you actually gained a pound or two of fat (more likely just fluid retention, I'd think) it will come off in no time.

Congrats on the new scale, now don't get obsessed with visiting it, if you know what I mean.

Take care and check in again.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
That's great Virus... I am encouraged by your progress.

10 days and still no downward movement on the scale to me. I have been doing elliptical (actually increased duration) 4X week and walking 30-45 min on alternate days, not too mention yard work as the spring is here. My calorie intake is between 1000-1200 daily, creating a deficit of 1400-1200 daily. I have not changed my diet, other than adding All Bran to my Yogurt and herbal tea at night. Eating less beef and more chicken....

Oh well....I know this is just the pay back, but man, if it slows down like this now, what will happen when I actually get within 50 lbs of my goal weight. Such impatience

Os the good news is, I have not waivered from my routine and I am proud to say that I have not indulged in emotional eating. Yeah for me and small victories.
Jacqueline, even if the scale hasn't moved I bet you're feeling great. I'd seen the scale go up 2 lbs since the First but my pants were getting loose again (almost time to go down to the 40s) so I knew things were happening. Then, yesterday, I was down 7 lbs. I just bet you'll see a huge loss very soon--I don't know why our bodies do that but sometimes they do.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-10-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't posted for a while 'cause I've been real busy feeling sorry for myself. Did read everyone's posting and am climbing out of my "pity pit" to rejoin. Keep on, you are doing a great job. Virus and Michael--you two are great role models. I'm sure glad you're here. Lois
Old 04-10-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by loisann5
I haven't posted for a while 'cause I've been real busy feeling sorry for myself. Did read everyone's posting and am climbing out of my "pity pit" to rejoin. Keep on, you are doing a great job. Virus and Michael--you two are great role models. I'm sure glad you're here. Lois
Lois, what's going on? I know you know self-pity is about as non-productive an activity as one can engage in. Is there anything we can do to help? Hope you feel better and get things going again!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-11-2011, 01:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup, another week at the salt mines .

Last week before Spring vacation so the kids will likely be miserable little you-know-whats.

Kinda rainy here today, I'm hoping it lets up before my lunch-time walk. If not, I'll get wet. Since I didn't do much walking over the weekend I need to hit it hard this week.

As another small milestone, I officially retired my size 42 jeans this morning in favor of the 40s ("relaxed" though they may be). From size 60 to 40 in 11 months and one week isn't too bad, I think .

Have a great week, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-11-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go, Michael. That's fabulous. Lois
Old 04-11-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by loisann5
Thanks Lois! I've only lost 36 pounds though. It feels great, but I still have a long way to go. My advice is to not worry about it. Forget the past and focus on today. In the last 2 and half months since I've been here I've cheated maybe 3 or 4 times. One time involved a pretty violent episode at an Applebees, haha. We'll just say those ribs never had a change. Long story short I got up the next day like it never happened. I didn't gain any weight from it, (though probably slowed the losses down), and I kept on truckin'.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.