Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you both. I didn't make any poor decisions yesterday, but I couldn't eat anything either so that was probably why. I will be spending the day with family today so hopefully that keeps my mind of how horrible I feel right now.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MakerBabe
Im posting today because I am having a really hard time. My boyfriend of three and a half years and I just broke up. I know this is probably, in some peoples opinion, not the place to post this but I have no where else. I need the support from my "family" here. I really feel like making some bad decisions and emotionally eating right now. I wanted to write something just to keep my mind off of it. It really came as a shock because we have such a good relationship. I guess things happen for a reason.

Im gonna do my best over the next few days to make good choices, but dont be surprised if I add another 100 posts to this thread in the mean time.

Karen
I'm in the same boat - 4 yr relationship It's been just over a month now, and believe it or not things are getting a bit better. My weight loss is at a plateau, but not going up. I've been trying to actually feel the feelings and deal with the pain and sorrow instead of pushing them away with food. When I have the urge to shove food in my mouth, I have been trying to examine why I want the food and deal with the reason. Journalling has also helped. Hang in there.

Julieann
Old 04-02-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MakerBabe
Im posting today because I am having a really hard time. My boyfriend of three and a half years and I just broke up. I know this is probably, in some peoples opinion, not the place to post this but I have no where else. I need the support from my "family" here. I really feel like making some bad decisions and emotionally eating right now. I wanted to write something just to keep my mind off of it. It really came as a shock because we have such a good relationship. I guess things happen for a reason.

Im gonna do my best over the next few days to make good choices, but dont be surprised if I add another 100 posts to this thread in the mean time.

Karen
NO worries, we all eat for various reasons and emotional eating or eating understress is a challenge. Sometime we just need to vent. Keep family and friends close, have a hot bath, do something for you (maybe your nails). But do not give someone else the power. You are in control and can make good decisions. Lots of hugs. Keep in touch.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

It seems with many of us that a relationship break-up is a major factor in gaining/loosing weight . . .

Many of my friends tended to loose weight . . . grrr . . . but not me . . . unfortunately that wasn't my way !!

I came out of an awful 13 yr relationship . . . but I must say I now have 3 BEAUTIFUL girls and do not regret a moment of it because it got me to where I am now . . . that is with my gorgeous children and now with the man of my dreams

I am 2 yrs on from our relationship ending and I have successfully gained 36 kg . . . it's very disheartening because to add to all the stress and difficulties of a break-up, and one where young children are involved one would think tha I wouldn't have time to eat !!! Well you'd be wrong . . . it seems it became a MUST !! every time I turned around I would eat !! every time I thought about how miserable I was I would eat !! actually there wasn't really a reason for it !! I just ate . . .

I have come to the realisation now (I think) that I need to STOP and begin to look after myself !! I am now feeling SO SO SO SO uncomfortable in my own skin !! I feel fat and I know I look fat !!

I am now in a position where I need to loose about 1/2 of my body weight to be in the healthy weight range !! That is SCARY !! and I don't know if I can do it . . I don't kow if I can stick with it for that long !! It has been a VERY long time since I have had enough will to stay on a diet longer than 1/2 and hour !!!

Let hope this time !! NO . . Let's just do it this time !!!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Elle. Keep reading the posts; keep posting; keep believing. It does happen. We're all here for each other.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I met with my now ex boyfriend (its really hard and weird to say that) today and I think I got a bit of closure. I understand why this is all happening now. We are going to stay in touch and if a few years from now we cross paths we might be together again. He is and always will be the love of my life. I understand now that I need to be alone to discover who I am and where I want to go in life.

Im am making a huge change this week. On Thursday I am leaving Philadelphia for Pittsburgh. My cousin who I am very close with lives there. She is going to help me get back on my feet and I am going to start my life discovery there. I will make sure I keep my friends here posted. I cracked and jumped on the scale today I already lost 4 pounds. I know its from throwing up and not being able to eat but, even though it seems sick to say, I will take it and be happy about the loss. I am sad that I have to leave my friends and family here but I am happy that I get to take this time to find myself and discover who I am. I am going to miss him dearly for a long time. Its all for the better.. For myself.. for him.. and for our future whether its with each other or other people.

This has been the hardest month of my life. First my dad dies, now I lose the man of my dreams.. Oh and my birthday is in two weeks. Perfect timing. I know they say God only gives you as much as you can handle but I wish he would stop shitting on me already. One can only take so much.

Thanks for listening.
Karen
Old 04-03-2011, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hello to all the new people! This place is really great and the people are awesome.

I just wanted to say I lost 2 lbs this week! that makes ten total so far in about 3 weeks. I think I'm right on schedule. Water weight first, then it slows down, right?

I don't know. I seem to be burning way more calories than I'm eating. Is that okay?? It say's I'm burning like 3,000+ and eating around 1,300. So that means I'm restricting 1,700.. That just seems like a lot to me.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MelyndaG
Hello to all the new people! This place is really great and the people are awesome.

I just wanted to say I lost 2 lbs this week! that makes ten total so far in about 3 weeks. I think I'm right on schedule. Water weight first, then it slows down, right?

I don't know. I seem to be burning way more calories than I'm eating. Is that okay?? It say's I'm burning like 3,000+ and eating around 1,300. So that means I'm restricting 1,700.. That just seems like a lot to me.
Melynda, that's a great start! If you're feeling good, I wouldn't personally worry about a big deficit. At best your calorie burn is an estimate and even being careful calorie intake isn't exact, either.

At 2lbs a week, that is actaully a 1,000 cal a day restriction (on average) as it takes approx. a 3500 cal deficit to burn one pound of fat.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default I need to Vent (may be TMI)

I have being doing well with my tracking, discipline and calorie deficit...resulting in progressive weight loss over the last 3 months. On March 30th, I hit the 50lb loss mark. However by April 1st, the scales were telling me I had gained 6lbs of it back and by this am it is telling me I have gained 10lbs of it back. I weigh my self about 4 times a week so the March 30th, was not a sudden drop, but a gradual process.

I have bm's daily. I have maintained a minimum 1,000 calorie deficit every day. I exercise regularly and track everything...I have been following the Canada Food Guide and eliminated all process foods except fat free salad dressings, whole wheat pitas and whole wheat wraps. Everything else is from scratch and fresh. Sodium is tracked and low. My calories balance is 35p/25f/40c

I have had no periods since 2005 post-hysterectomy.

The scales have always been reliable. Thoughts are appreciated.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Got out my running shoes today! I laced them up tight and loaded the baby into the jogging stroller and I was off! Such a lovely day for a run.

I only slept a few hours last night because I couldn't keep my mind still, but when I woke up this morning I felt a thousand times lighter. I know I will have days where I miss Tom (ex bf), but on those days I have to focus harder on all the good times and know this break up is meant to make us better people.

Through all the tears I am starting to see a woman who is truly blessed and I know my daddy is with my the whole way.

Karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.