Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Phew!

Decided it was time to up the distance of my lunch time walk. I've gotten my 1.5 miles down to about 22-23 minutes. I mapped out a 1.7 mile course to try today.

Got back and it was exactly 30 minutes and I was fairly well spent. I'm thinking, "what the heck? Another two 10ths of a mile shouldn't be THAT bad!"

Well, it seems I missed a turn and actually did 1.92 miles in 30 minutes! No wonder I was feeling it. I know four mph over two miles isn't Olympic caliber walking or anything, but for an old pudgy guy, it's moving right along.

Now that I know I can do it, I think I'll keep this route for a while. Once I've shaved a couple of minutes off it, I'll bump it to a full two miles.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome job on the walking Michael.
I also went for a walk at lunch today, not near that fast or that far. I did about 1.3 miles in about 25 minutes. With the amount of water that I am drinking now, I either need to keep my walks limited to 1/2 hour or I need to start planning routes that have restrooms along the way.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
Awesome job on the walking Michael.
I also went for a walk at lunch today, not near that fast or that far. I did about 1.3 miles in about 25 minutes. With the amount of water that I am drinking now, I either need to keep my walks limited to 1/2 hour or I need to start planning routes that have restrooms along the way.
That's funny, Mark. I have to plan as well as I have 2.25 liters of water and at least two big mugs of black coffee in me before I walk at Noon. I make a bathroom trip at 11:30, then again at 11:55 and that usually lets me make it back w/o discomfort. I do sweat pretty profusely, so that helps as well.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Good work Michael! I've recently been able to get back to my ddr. I picked up a knee brace from walgreens (just a patella strap), and it works really well actually. It relieves any pain and helps my knee cap stay in place. So I'm glad to be back in my routine.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Decided it was time to up the distance of my lunch time walk. I've gotten my 1.5 miles down to about 22-23 minutes. I mapped out a 1.7 mile course to try today.

Got back and it was exactly 30 minutes and I was fairly well spent. I'm thinking, "what the heck? Another two 10ths of a mile shouldn't be THAT bad!"

Well, it seems I missed a turn and actually did 1.92 miles in 30 minutes! No wonder I was feeling it. I know four mph over two miles isn't Olympic caliber walking or anything, but for an old pudgy guy, it's moving right along.

Now that I know I can do it, I think I'll keep this route for a while. Once I've shaved a couple of minutes off it, I'll bump it to a full two miles.

Regards,
Michael
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That's awesome you're going to stick with doing 2 miles from now on (or almost 2 miles anyways)
It's great when you are even better/more improved then you think huh Awesome.

& wow I'm a forum addict, this is my 100th post O.O!

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-29-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Awesome

Hye guys...awesome work with the aerobic workouts, walks and ddr. Your perseverance and commitment to daily routines is amazing. Knowing your limits and knowing when to push is so key. You're all an inspiration.

Bravo! Chapeau! Excellente!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

thanx u guys. i feel so reassured by ur words. thanx misery and michael. i will weigh on monday and know matter how the number goes i will be strong.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Great work with the walks, aerobics, and keeping acccountable. I did a one hour yoga class this morning and a one mile walk tonight with my dog (he insists I'm looking forward to the April 1 challenge start date. My weigh in is on Sunday morning (to help keep me focused over Fri and Sat), so I'll be starting with the 219 from last Sunday. Misery and Symphony keep posting it really helps all of us and I can empathize with what you're saying.
Lois
Old 03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by loisann5
Great work with the walks, aerobics, and keeping acccountable. I did a one hour yoga class this morning and a one mile walk tonight with my dog (he insists I'm looking forward to the April 1 challenge start date. My weigh in is on Sunday morning (to help keep me focused over Fri and Sat), so I'll be starting with the 219 from last Sunday. Misery and Symphony keep posting it really helps all of us and I can empathize with what you're saying.
Lois
Wow thanks, its nice to know that my posting isn't an annoyance Glad if it can help at all. Great job doing a yoga class and going for that walk! ^-^ Having a dog must be nice, and its great you can take it for walks with you. I hate going outside so I do all my exercise in my living room, If i had a dog it might make walking outside a little more enjoyable. What kind of dog do you have?

Note to self : When I am healthy and more stable I should get a dog to take for walks with me!!!!!!

Yet more motivation
Old 03-30-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

He's a 14# poodle who bosses me around. Good house-dog size; lots smaller than the huskies and border collies I used to raise, but they need the outdoors and lots of work.
I'm off to my clogging class. After, I'll work on a menu for the week so I can have a good loss. Hope you do, too.
Lois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.