Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

I, too, have been teetering on the edge of insanity and just returned to clearer thinking. I've been letting the future (parties, bridal shower, Easter, etc., etc.) impact my present and dreading all the things which should be fun. Anyway, I've gotten my start weight for the challenge and am ready to meet my goal. Now to do some planning on how to avoid the pitfalls and enjoy the gatherings.
I sincerely appreciate all of you "posters" who help me to get/stay on track and to do what I have to do.
Lois
Old 03-28-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Third weigh-in~

Okay so i weighed myself this morning - 241.8 I've only lost 0.4 of a pound this week. I also remeasured everything. I've gain 1 inch in my waist, but I've lost 1/2 inches in both my thigh and calve, also lost an inch and a half around my chest. So it's still mostly a loss, just not as good as one as I'd hoped for

I did cheat a few times over the week, and there were 2 days I didn't work out because there were people over. So I know why I haven't lost much. Will do much better this week and hopefully get into the 230's.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226

Okay so i weighed myself this morning - 241.8 I've only lost 0.4 of a pound this week. I also remeasured everything. I've gain 1 inch in my waist, but I've lost 1/2 inches in both my thigh and calve, also lost an inch and a half around my chest. So it's still mostly a loss, just not as good as one as I'd hoped for

I did cheat a few times over the week, and there were 2 days I didn't work out because there were people over. So I know why I haven't lost much. Will do much better this week and hopefully get into the 230's.
Hang in there Misery! And don't get discouraged. Celebrate every loss, no matter how small. You're doing great.

I'd also not worry about that one inch gain around your waist. It's likely it's due to tape measure placement, or simply a little water retention, and/or muscle gained. There's a lot of factors there, so just keep on truckin'.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Hang in there Misery! And don't get discouraged. Celebrate every loss, no matter how small. You're doing great.

I'd also not worry about that one inch gain around your waist. It's likely it's due to tape measure placement, or simply a little water retention, and/or muscle gained. There's a lot of factors there, so just keep on truckin'.
Thank you.
I needed to hear this. I will for sure do better for my next weigh in!!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

i couldnt do it guys. i was too scared to step on that scale. i started freaking out, what if that number was not what i wanted?
im thinking i might have gained a lb or two. but im not sure. ive been eating under 1,00 calories a day...so in theory i have to of lost something. im going to weigh myself next monday.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

current known weight...still 457lbs
Old 03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom
current known weight...still 457lbs
Bytime you step on the scales I am sure you will have a great drop....regardless of the number keep to your daily goals, track your food, and maintain a calorie deficiet....all will be good as you are taking care of you.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

i couldnt do it guys. i was too scared to step on that scale. i started freaking out, what if that number was not what i wanted?
im thinking i might have gained a lb or two. but im not sure. ive been eating under 1,00 calories a day...so in theory i have to of lost something. im going to weigh myself next monday.
Next week when you are getting ready to weigh yourself, remember that no matter the numbers, its important information for you to see if you are doing this right. If you haven't lost weight you can play around with your plan and then see what happens the next week. Eating only 1000 calories a day is crazy low. I can almost promise you'll have a drop of at least a few pounds. But waiting till next week just means you are in for an even bigger decrease from the last time you checked. Also what the scale says doesn't mean that much, even if you somehow gained, that just means you have to tweak what you are doing. It's always better to be aware of the facts good or bad, otherwise you don't know if you have to change what you are doing. But no worries, you will SEE and feel the difference in yourself.. even if you never step on a scale. Great job on your progress so far, you sound like you've worked hard eating only 1000 cals is tough (for me anyways I couldn't do that! ), whether you've lost a lot of weight, or none at all. Good luck for next week. I'm excited for you to see how much lower the numbers are !
Old 03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't think it's physically possible, at your size (remember, I've been there myself) to gain fat on 1,000 cals a day. You should be burning around 4,000 day or so just breathing.

I think I mentioned that the last time I lost a bunch of weight (around 200 in well under a year) that I aet 1,000 cals a day staying under 10 grams of fat TOTAL a day. If you've been accurate on logging EVERYTHING, other than possible fluid retention, you WILL lose (and likely pretty fast).

So, give it 'till Monday and be happily surprised.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 03-29-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck with your April 14th weigh in. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.