The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Awe, thanks so much everyone.
I'm definately going to try to keep uping the protien... And also putting my caloires up to 1300 for now if I eat less, great.. I planned out my meals today and .. I really wanted some honey in my tea tonight (which put me over 1200). So 1300 seems to be that magic number for me.. I kept wanting to go over my 1200 limit by 30-80 calories.
Official weigh-in is on monday. I've been too scared to check since when I gained half a pound from (possibly) water retention. Now I think if I lose any amount of weight I might have to blame that on water-loss ? How do you know if you've lost fat, or if its just water weight fluctuations? I suppose I should measure myself too.

As for fish.. I've had salmon, and then tuna this week.. Because of the mercury content I'm only allowing myself to eat fish once or twice a week but also take fish oil capsuls. If it werent for mercury I'd eat fish almost everyday. Going to try to have more turkey products since it is incredibly lean..And is the chicken breast option on this site a little off? I had some chicken in a wrap yesterday and it came to about 300 calories for a small chicken breast. O.oyikes. On the package it said 80 calories for 100g.. I dont think 1 chicken breast is more then 100g .. is it? I don't have anything to weigh food.

As for you losing MORE then 10% Michael ! WELL DONE ! ~~~~~ WOOOO~~~~~~
^-^ That is really a great accomplishment.
And you too Terri.. 199 !!!! WOOOO !!!!

Last edited by Misery16226; 03-12-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Misery, you need to take into account WHICH chicken breast you choose from the database. FitDay generally gives several choices, which include method of preparation. If you know there was no fat added to the chicken, you can choose "raw" or "broiled/baked" and you'll find it much lower in fat/calories than the "generic" or even worse "fried" chicken breast choices. The same goes for most other food items. I use cooking spray most time, so usually choose the "raw" version of the food.

Yes, this is my third 10% challenge and I've managed to complete all of them early (as have others, of course). I'd really like to be under 250 (maybe even 240) by my 47th BD on May 25th and it looks good to make it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-12-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Michael is the man. You have my continued support and encouragement in exchange for all your inspiration! I think I'll jump on the next 10% challenge with you and all the other folks.

Just a quick note for Misery - you mentioned you don't have a food scale - I actually don't have one, either (really just don't have the counter or cabinet space for one). What I've found to work better for me is to use measuring cups whenever possible. Also, I find I can eye what a cup looks like a whole lot better/more accurately than I can guess how much something weighs. Just my 2 cents, along with Michael's suggestion of being diligent about logging exactly what *kind* of chicken, etc. you ate.

Be and do well, good people!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by changeisgood29
Michael is the man. You have my continued support and encouragement in exchange for all your inspiration! I think I'll jump on the next 10% challenge with you and all the other folks.
Hey, thanks! Others here have done as well or better than me, I just shoot off my digital mouth more (which is better than stuffing it with junk food!).

Anyway, yes, I'll hold you a spot in the Fourth of July 10% Challenge--it ought to be fun!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
WAY TO GO Bubbs21
You are a big inspiration to me.. Along with several people who post here who have made a huge effort, not giving up and are showing the results!
Amazing job! This site has really kept me going..
Not sure if i would have managed to stick to it this long (only 4 days i know, but still! )if it werent for this.

(these success stories are the best part of my life right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Misery16226,
Thanks for the encouragement.....we are here to support each other. There are good times and challenging times. However, the little successes add up before you know it. Take it one day at a time and keep on the forums. They will help you and us
Old 03-12-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys, I'll make sure I am keeping an eye on the details
Will be measuring things more too I have a lot of measuring cups ^-^
Old 03-13-2011, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, put me in for the April 1 challenge, please. Today's weigh in was 220.4. By tomorrow, I'm shooting to be in the teens. We'll see, but I'll do it no matter when it happens. I'm staying on track. Lois
Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by loisann5
Michael, put me in for the April 1 challenge, please. Today's weigh in was 220.4. By tomorrow, I'm shooting to be in the teens. We'll see, but I'll do it no matter when it happens. I'm staying on track. Lois
Lois, I've added you to the April 1st Challenge. The thread is here: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/2842-april-fools-day-10-challenge-check-22.html

The participants are listed in alpha order. When you want to update your progress, "copy and paste" the whole list into a new post, then change your data.

We'll wrap up the current challenge on April 1st and start the Fourth of July Challenge then.

Regards,
Michael

PS Good luck on hitting the "teens" tomorrow!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Yes, this is my third 10% challenge and I've managed to complete all of them early (as have others, of course). I'd really like to be under 250 (maybe even 240) by my 47th BD on May 25th and it looks good to make it.

Regards,
Michael
Michael,
Your leadership and determiniation are fabulous. The engery is contagious. I look forward to seeing how the current challenge wraps up for people and to the next challenge.

Bravo!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Michael,
Your leadership and determiniation are fabulous. The engery is contagious. I look forward to seeing how the current challenge wraps up for people and to the next challenge.

Bravo!
Jacqueline, the determination here is contagious! You've been doing awesome--I know you'll be under 250 this week and that is HUGE (or, not so huge ).

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.