Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Michael.. if you measure from the first hole on the belt, to the one you are on now it gives you a great visual of how many inches you've lost on your waist. CONGRATS to all who have made it to the last notch club!

Julieann
Great idea, though this belt would not have come close to fitting around me back in May. I used one of those 72" web belts that you trim to fit back then.

Going from size 60 jeans to size 44 in 2" increments gives me a pretty good idea of how my "waist" has shrunk. I have some 44 Wranglers that are a bit loose and some 44 Levis that are a better fit (both "loose cut"). I suspect I'll be into my 42s sometime in April or thereabouts.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-18-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

I went shopping yesterday and managed to squeeze myself into size 18 jeans - 3 sizes down since I started this journey a year ago!

Julieann
Old 02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats....there is nothing like the feeling of fitting into smaller clothes. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Angry Venting

The scales have not moved in a week. I have increased my aerobic effort, been religious about my workouts and food intake, have regular BM's and my 7 day caloric deficit is over 8,000 calories. In fact the scales went up 1.4lbs this morning. What the !@#$%^?

I am frustrated, angry and befuddled. I know one needs to focus on the overall direction. I am just not feeling so positive this morning. In fact, I was feeling quite good until I stepped on the dam scales.

Advice to shake thinks up and restart the downward trend is welcome.

Happy weekend to all.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
The scales have not moved in a week. I have increased my aerobic effort, been religious about my workouts and food intake, have regular BM's and my 7 day caloric deficit is over 8,000 calories. In fact the scales went up 1.4lbs this morning. What the !@#$%^?

I am frustrated, angry and befuddled. I know one needs to focus on the overall direction. I am just not feeling so positive this morning. In fact, I was feeling quite good until I stepped on the dam scales.

Happy weekend to all.
Hang in there my friend. I know how it is. It's frustrating, and makes you want to throw that scale up against the wall. My weight hasn't changed this week either. Maybe down a couple of tenths of a pound, but it still sucks. Plateaus happen to the best of us. Just keep your eye on the prize, and keep doing what you're doing. And when that scale does finally budge you'll feel sooo much better.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy weekend to all.
Keep at it, the scale WILL start going down again. Really, it is average weekly loss that's important. I've had the scale not move for a week, sometimes two. Then, back-to-back 7lb loss weeks. I tend to have a good week, and couple of slower ones, then another good one. The average, though, remains fairly consistant.

If you KNOW you are running a good deficit, don't worry, be happy! The loss will come.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Keep at it, the scale WILL start going down again. Really, it is average weekly loss that's important. I've had the scale not move for a week, sometimes two. Then, back-to-back 7lb loss weeks. I tend to have a good week, and couple of slower ones, then another good one. The average, though, remains fairly consistant.

If you KNOW you are running a good deficit, don't worry, be happy! The loss will come.

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael. I know in my heart you are right and in fact, this is what I tell DH regularly. It is just frustrating. On the otherhand it is great to have a place where one can vent and be understood by others. No worries, I am in this for the long haul. I look forward to the next 'drop' on the scales.

With your advice I went back and looked at my April 1st challenge. I had a goal of dropping 28lbs or 10% by April 1st. I am currently down 22 of those 28 lbs...with at least 5 weeks to go....so in hindsight, not so bad.

I think the quick loss in the beginning, (normal with any significant change in life style) needs to even out and the body is adapting to the new norm.

Have a great day.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Body Measurements

I notice on Fitday PC there is a section to record a range of body measurements. I am looking for guidance before I consider using this option. Do you use this? If so how often to you take measurements? Do you take all the measurements or some? Is there a technique to taking the measurements e.g. middle of bicep, largest part of hips etc?

I am thinking this may be a good quantitative measure especially when clothes are fitting differently but the scales aren't moving.

Insights, experiences, tips are all appreciated.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:06 PM
FitDay Member

Measure hips across the bone., measure waist across the biggest part near the navel.

Measure thighs, forearms and biceps at the biggest part. Measure wrist between the base of the thumb and that little, bony, sticky-out bit.
Hope this helps.

Also, I was going to post a congrats on the check-in thread at your 23lb loss. That's really good going and I'm glad you're not put off by a bad week.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I notice on Fitday PC there is a section to record a range of body measurements. I am looking for guidance before I consider using this option. Do you use this? If so how often to you take measurements? Do you take all the measurements or some? Is there a technique to taking the measurements e.g. middle of bicep, largest part of hips etc?
Hi Jacqueline, I strongly recommend taking your measurements, as it's a great tool! The more stats that go in the right direction = the more motivation, in my book. Right now, I take my measurements roughly once a month, although in the beginning, when the losses were bigger, sometimes I'd do it every 2-3 weeks. I have the hubs take all of the measurements.

The gist of measuring correctly is to measure the biggest area of the section, but for more details, here's one of many sites that'll tell you how: How Do I Take My Measurements - iVillage Oh, and I put my bust measurement in the 'chest' slot, since that's of, er, greater importance to me, lol.

As I've mentioned in some other of my posts, for the first 3 months that I was starting out, I didn't even get on a scale and relied on measurements to make sure that I was on the right track. You may not be in love with what the numbers say now (hey, that's why we're all here, right?), but you'll be so glad that you took measurements.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.