The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Well I was having a good Saturday until I was taken into hospital with severe abdominal pain just after midnight! Got home in the early hours of the morning, but disappointed to be told I may potentially have a stomach ulcer and need to have a camera put down my throat to see.
Appears that I've also done some damage to my back. Don't know if it's spinal or muscular, but it's pretty acute when I move and I'm finding it hard to get comfortable in anything other than a horizontal position. It's definitely hurting right now to be sat in a computer chair.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. I've not come this far to be beaten down by a stomach complaint or a sore back!
Felicity, you've had such a tough time! I know all about back problems so I can commiserate. I've not had any GI issues, but that sounds pretty serious. I hope you feel better soon!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Whoo Hoo!

One of the special challenges of being a super-sized body is trying to gain cardio and momentum in exercising....I restarted my journey on January 1st....in time I was able to do a routine on my balance ball, but it took until Jan 21st to be able to do 5 minutes on manual on my elliptical. Today, I conquered the interval setting and 24 mintues...Whoo Hoo...I feel the momentum....I am happy to go safe and slow....but wow...what a great feeling.

A challenge to my fitday friends,...try to find a personal achievement and post-it this week. Inspire us...

Happy V-day!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
One of the special challenges of being a super-sized body is trying to gain cardio and momentum in exercising....I restarted my journey on January 1st....in time I was able to do a routine on my balance ball, but it took until Jan 21st to be able to do 5 minutes on manual on my elliptical. Today, I conquered the interval setting and 24 mintues...Whoo Hoo...I feel the momentum....I am happy to go safe and slow....but wow...what a great feeling.

A challenge to my fitday friends,...try to find a personal achievement and post-it this week. Inspire us...

Happy V-day!
Well that is just the bees knees--good for you!!!!!!

As to my personal achievements--hmmm--I dunno. Doing my work-day 1.5 miles in less than 30 minutes makes me feel pretty good. I'm hoping I can eventually get up to a full 2 miles in the same time. That will likely be this summer--I don't think I could do it in heavy boots and on icy sidewalks like I do now.

Keep tearing that elliptical up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-14-2011, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

The scale showed another pound down this morning. That makes 16 pounds lost so far. Feelin' good.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Weigh in day today I met my first mini goal right on time.. YAAAY! And made it through V-Day only eating one teeny chocolate heart.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
The scale showed another pound down this morning. That makes 16 pounds lost so far. Feelin' good.
Awesome! I know 16 pounds doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference in how you feel. Keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Weigh in day today I met my first mini goal right on time.. YAAAY! And made it through V-Day only eating one teeny chocolate heart.
Under 250--good for you!!!!

Keep on keepin' on!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wowzers!

So, I weighed myself today and I thought my scale was broken or needed new batteries. When I weighed myself, it told me I was down to 352.2. So I made my 6 year old weigh himself 3 times to see if it said the same thing each time. IT DID! So then I asked my husband to weigh himself and see if it was right. He said it was SPOT ON! So, that put my total weight lost up to 17.8 pounds! Just for the heck of it, I decided to try on a pair of 24 pants. THEY FREAKING FIT! Not only was I able to get them up past my calfs, I was able to button them, zip, them, and STILL SIT DOWN!!!! OMG! This has been the first time in 8 years that I have lost weight by trying! ( I lost some weight when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I wasn't trying to) I have not wore a size 24 in 4 years!!!!! I am so excited! I still am not sure if my scale is right, so I am going to go down to the local clinic this afternoon and weigh myself again to see where I am at. I just can not believe it has been 17.8 pounds since January 6th! I cut my calorie intake down to 1900 a day and am walking a mile a day. So I am burning 1100 calories a day or close to it. Some days, though, I don't even get close to 1900 calories and I still feel totally satisfied!!! Yesterday, I ended the day with 1500 calories and I was able to eat everything during the day that I WANTED> but I am wanting less now!! HA HA!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ferndills
So, I weighed myself today and I thought my scale was broken or needed new batteries. When I weighed myself, it told me I was down to 352.2. So I made my 6 year old weigh himself 3 times to see if it said the same thing each time. IT DID! So then I asked my husband to weigh himself and see if it was right. He said it was SPOT ON! So, that put my total weight lost up to 17.8 pounds! Just for the heck of it, I decided to try on a pair of 24 pants. THEY FREAKING FIT! Not only was I able to get them up past my calfs, I was able to button them, zip, them, and STILL SIT DOWN!!!! OMG! This has been the first time in 8 years that I have lost weight by trying! ( I lost some weight when I was pregnant with my daughter, but I wasn't trying to) I have not wore a size 24 in 4 years!!!!! I am so excited! I still am not sure if my scale is right, so I am going to go down to the local clinic this afternoon and weigh myself again to see where I am at. I just can not believe it has been 17.8 pounds since January 6th! I cut my calorie intake down to 1900 a day and am walking a mile a day. So I am burning 1100 calories a day or close to it. Some days, though, I don't even get close to 1900 calories and I still feel totally satisfied!!! Yesterday, I ended the day with 1500 calories and I was able to eat everything during the day that I WANTED> but I am wanting less now!! HA HA!
Yes! That's what we like to hear! I KNEW you could do it.

Your scale may vary from the clinic's, but it is really consistancy that is important--a few pounds plus or minus is no big deal.

See, a fairly low calorie intake works--really, there is NO reason to be abnormally hungry on 1500 quality calories a day. I think you see the proof when you can sit down in those dainty size 24s!

Keep it up, and keep us posted.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-15-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hi all,

I had another official weigh in on Saturday; I’m down 3.6# in one week . I was wearing the same boots, pants, and a similar shirt, so I know that it is a true loss .

I hope everyone had a great V Day. I must say that Mondays seem to be my downfall, at least down here. I’ve been attending a regular church event, and it always seems to center around food (well, only the first Monday of the month actually centers around food, but there is ALWAYS food involved, it is actually scheduled that way !)

Congrats to everyone on continuing to work toward their goals, you all deserve the very best, so keep it up.

PS. I've cut my calories to a level that I feel is reasonable for my size and weight, but have found that I still have some to spare at the end of the day because I'm making healthier choices throughout the day... I'm thinking that it would be a bad idea to short myself that many calories each day, so I end up scrambling to make them up at the end of the day...Any suggestions on how to increase my numbers durring the day so that I don't have to cram at night??? I know that sleeping on a full stumach will cause you to gain weight rather than loose it .
Jen, sounds like things are going OK. I KNOW lower cals and plenty of walking is a great way to lose--you're proof! Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Michael

PS I read a recent study that found No correlation between the time of day calories were eaten and weight loss. Those that ate late lost as much as those who ate the majority of their calories earlier in the day. Personally, I most generally eat my last 800 calories between 5:30 and 7:00 and go to bed at 8:00, FWIW.

Last edited by mecompco; 02-15-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.