The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 12:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Another week down, and a pretty good one, overall.

My extra walking distance seems to be paying off--even in the single digit temps and icy sidewalks I can work up a pretty good sweat. I'm not sure sweat equals calorie burn, but it can't hurt (well, perhaps my coworkers when I get back ).

Also have been working on drinking more water--at least 3 liters, not counting coffee. I'm not sure if it's the water helping or the every 15 minute walk to the men's room .

Anyway, the scale says I'm down 5lbs from last Sunday which puts me fairly firmly into the "70s" and only 8lbs to go for the 10% challenge goal of an even 270.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-12-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

It is going to be beautiful here today....which mean a lot of water, slush and mess...but the temps are finally warmer.

I have to work for a couple of hours this morning doing some database testing an then the weekend is mine!

My goal is to do some planning for the week, grocery shopping and get some exercise planned.

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Stay active and eat good!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

It's a complete Northeaster here today - pouring rain and gale force winds, I'm going to head for the treadmill for my walk!

Congrats Michael on your weight loss - you are a huge inspiration to us all!
Julieann
Old 02-12-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
It's a complete Northeaster here today - pouring rain and gale force winds, I'm going to head for the treadmill for my walk!

Congrats Michael on your weight loss - you are a huge inspiration to us all!
Julieann
Julieann, thank you. And really, all of you help inspire me to stay on track. We have so many great folks here doing so well!

Now, you can just keep your weather--we've had enough. Well, I know it is headed our way but it's not supposed to amount to a lot. I think we're all ready for spring.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-13-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Yee-Haw--I'm "Obese"!

Yes, as of yesterday's weigh in my (according to FitDay, anyway) BMI is under 40! That makes me simply "obese" and it only took me 10 months to get here (no applause, please ).

Of course, with my highest "acceptable weight" of 175 I'm still (depending upon the definition) "morbidly obese" at 113 lbs above that. But not for long!

Getting ready to make some breakfast and go out and work on my snow pile some more. Had the roof shoveled and the snow that came off is now compacted into a snow/ice substance. The snowblower will throw it, but only after it is chopped up with a chisel which is a darned good workout!

Have a great day, everyone!

Regards,
Michael

PS I've retired my 4x jacket and 3x hoodie and treated myself to a nice new 2x Carhartt Ridge coat.

Last edited by mecompco; 02-13-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, that is awesome! What a huge achievement. As a person a long way from simply obese, I know what a big milestone it really is.

Heck, at 2x you can almost shop anywhere One of the things I'm most looking forward to, maybe a year from now, will be being able to go into most men's shops and having all those choices. No longer relegated to the few items i my size.

Keep up the great work!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Michael, that is awesome! What a huge achievement. As a person a long way from simply obese, I know what a big milestone it really is.

Heck, at 2x you can almost shop anywhere One of the things I'm most looking forward to, maybe a year from now, will be being able to go into most men's shops and having all those choices. No longer relegated to the few items i my size.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks! You can't be all that much bigger than I am--and you've been doing pretty good. I'm sure you'll be into the "regular" section soon!

At least at 3x you can find jeans and shirts at Wally World if need be. My problem is my upper chest is considerably smaller than my belly so shirts fit oddly. I still wear mostly 3x shirts but some 2x fit OK. I don't wear anything that's snug or too light in color as the old moobs look awful.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-13-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Commitment + Drive = Success

Good day my friends,

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts this morning. Welcome to the new comers...

Michael, you continue to set a great example of mutual support and encouragement for all and with your own journey. Like you my husband is in the process of shedding his 4X and 3X clothes and finding renewed joy in wearing some of his 2X clothes from the closet.

I have had a very trying and emotional 2 weeks with deaths in the family, a need to support 80 yr old mom-in-law (husband walked out), support my hubby and continue my other commitments.

Amidst it all, I am proud to say.....that although my weight loss has clearly slowed down,
  • I have continued the right trend, continued to be true to myself by eating under 1500 cals each day,
  • working out at least 4-5 times per week, and
  • tracking everything.
There was NO emotional eating, nor cop outs....yes it was very stressfull and I was so exhausted by the end of this last week. However, lots of sleep, and reading everyone's posts this weekend have anchored me.

I am looking forward to moving forward on my personal journey of health.

Wishing everyone the strength to find your personal commitment and drive to lead you to your own healthy success.

and for tomorrow, love yourself on Valentine's Day.....have a great week everyone.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Good day my friends,

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts this morning. Welcome to the new comers...

Michael, you continue to set a great example of mutual support and encouragement for all and with your own journey. Like you my husband is in the process of shedding his 4X and 3X clothes and finding renewed joy in wearing some of his 2X clothes from the closet.

I have had a very trying and emotional 2 weeks with deaths in the family, a need to support 80 yr old mom-in-law (husband walked out), support my hubby and continue my other commitments.

Amidst it all, I am proud to say.....that although my weight loss has clearly slowed down,
  • I have continued the right trend, continued to be true to myself by eating under 1500 cals each day,
  • working out at least 4-5 times per week, and
  • tracking everything.
There was NO emotional eating, nor cop outs....yes it was very stressfull and I was so exhausted by the end of this last week. However, lots of sleep, and reading everyone's posts this weekend have anchored me.

I am looking forward to moving forward on my personal journey of health.

Wishing everyone the strength to find your personal commitment and drive to lead you to your own healthy success.

and for tomorrow, love yourself on Valentine's Day.....have a great week everyone.
Jacqueline, thank you!

You (and your husband) are doing great--if you've overcome emotional eating, especially under such trying circumstances I think you've got it made.

There is comfort in sticking to your plan, at least for me. If you stick to your calories, do your exercise and track everything success is guaranteed. I'm not saying it will come quick, but really, a steady more or less consistant loss is best anyway I think.

Have a wonderful V-Day and take care.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-13-2011, 10:44 PM
FitDay Member

Well I was having a good Saturday until I was taken into hospital with severe abdominal pain just after midnight! Got home in the early hours of the morning, but disappointed to be told I may potentially have a stomach ulcer and need to have a camera put down my throat to see.
Appears that I've also done some damage to my back. Don't know if it's spinal or muscular, but it's pretty acute when I move and I'm finding it hard to get comfortable in anything other than a horizontal position. It's definitely hurting right now to be sat in a computer chair.
Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive. I've not come this far to be beaten down by a stomach complaint or a sore back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.