The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Post Great Idea!

Thanks for setting up this thread. I am new to FitDay. I have been losing weight under the direction of my Dietitian over the past 4 weeks. Began at 285lbs, have so far lost 14lbs and need to lose another 106lbs to reach my goal of 165lbs. I am in this for the long-haul folks!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by HappyJill
Thanks for setting up this thread. I am new to FitDay. I have been losing weight under the direction of my Dietitian over the past 4 weeks. Began at 285lbs, have so far lost 14lbs and need to lose another 106lbs to reach my goal of 165lbs. I am in this for the long-haul folks!
Jill, congrats on your progress thus far!

Stick around and you'll lose the rest with (relative) ease. Don't hesitate to speak up if you have any questions about FitDay or if there's anything we can do to help you.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-11-2011, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Lost my mojo this week....

I’m so mad at myself. I lost my drive this week.

Part of the problem, is that I can’t remove temptation from my home. My hubby is 6’ 155lbs. Eats everything in sight, never gains, and never exercises. He does stay pretty active though. If I remove the junk, he would fade away to nothing.

I went over my calorie goal a couple days (by about 500) and didn’t exercise a couple days.

I know in the end, it’s my fault. I need to want to be thin more than I want the junk food. I NEED increase my exercise. I wish I could learn to enjoy and crave exercise, but I just don’t see it happening, So I just push through.

Fortunately, I didn’t gain, but no loss either. After a very depressing evening, I think I got my mojo back.
I woke up today with a fresh outlook.

Ok my venting is over
Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

I lost my mojo this week as well. I am back in the game today though! My challenges are always on the weekends when the whole family eats together and I make larger meals. My husband is okay with me trying lower calorie items, but doesn't want me to get too drastic. SO, I have been kind of doing duel meals on a lot of the days. I will fix two mains and then one or two sides that we all eat from. This way I am able to watch my calories, but my family still gets to eat what they like. I am slowly but surely going to get everything switched over to healthier stuff and they won't even know it! When I switch out turkey instead of hamburger, they don't even realize. I will not be weighing myself until February 28. I do not want to know where I am at until the end of the month because if I see a larger number lost on the scale, I am more motivated to keep going. In order to see that number, I have to wait longer in between weigh ins. I am hoping that I can get caught back up on my exercising. I was not exercising at all before, and now I am trying to work a mile of exercise in everyday. I know that is not a lot, but I will work my way up to more miles per day. My friend and I have a pull off calendar on our wall similar to the one on 'I Used to Be Fat' on MTV. We set our goal to do 60 miles in 60 days. Like I said, I know that is not a lot, but after our initial 60 days is over, I hope to raise our bar to 75 miles in 60 days. Eventually, down the road, we will be at 180 miles in 60 days! I am behind a few miles since I took a few nights off~ *slaps self on rear*. This weekend I will have to fit in 8 miles. It WILL and CAN be done though!! AND it is finally supposed to be nice this weekend! You never know about that Nebraska weather, though!! I am going to do at least half of my miles outside if it does get to 60 like they say!!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

I also do the double meals, I try to use same main ingredient (like meat), then vary the rest to meet my needs, and keep hubby's the same as usual. When he eats something, I just can't do, then I have stuff like turkey chili that I made in advance and froze individual portions.

I love "I used to be fat" it's great motivation, although someone my age really shouldn't be watching MTV LOL I usually exercise while watching it.

I had been doing 40 min. of pilates on a machine (I like this because I have the routine memorized so I can do it while watching TV). And recently added a cardio Denise Austin yoga to it. (30 min) which is 1/2 of the dvd. In another month I would like to add the other 30 min of the dvd.

I'd love to have a local exercise buddy, but all my friends are skinny
Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

LOL, yeah. It is nice having an exercise buddy, but what I have to remember is that I am responsible for my own success/failures. If I depend on exercising with my buddy, I tend to not exercise when they have excuses. You know what I mean? What state do you live in?

I would like to try to get my whole family eating better and eating just for the sake of replenishing the body and not eating just to eat. I come from a long line of obesity and I really want to break the cycle with my children. I don't want them to use food as a drug like I do.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ferndills
LOL, yeah. It is nice having an exercise buddy, but what I have to remember is that I am responsible for my own success/failures. If I depend on exercising with my buddy, I tend to not exercise when they have excuses. You know what I mean? What state do you live in?

I would like to try to get my whole family eating better and eating just for the sake of replenishing the body and not eating just to eat. I come from a long line of obesity and I really want to break the cycle with my children. I don't want them to use food as a drug like I do.
Very true, that we are responsible for our own decisions. That's what I'm working on coming to terms with.

I'm in St. Louis.

Hubby will eat good foods too, he just has such a good metabolism and is so high energy that he burns everything so quick...so he snacks.... a lot.

I don't come from a line of obesity, everyone around me is thin. Guess I just drew the short straw. My metabolism bottomed out when I hit menopause also. But I want this weight off now, (well before I hit 40), I know it just gets harder with age.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

My exercise buddy sprained her ankle yesterday and is out of commission for a month or so I have been the motivator to get to class, but her accident combined with my boyfriend being home (works out of town, home every 4 - 6 weeks) has kinda dented my resolve. He's gone back to work now and things are starting to get back to routine, but I just can't seem to drag myself out to exercise.

I used to do a calendar to track exercise and put a sticker on each day I got out, kinda like the motivation you use for children. Believe it or not, it did work and provided a great visual. I am going to go shopping for a new calendar and some stickers today - and walk a lap or two around the mall.

Julieann
Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Official weigh-in day for me, and I'm 1.5lbs down since Tuesday. (Day I returned to FitDay) I have aches in places I never realised I could, and I've sweat more than any other week. Wish I could go back to the stage when I'd be dropping 5lb a week without much effort!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Official weigh-in day for me, and I'm 1.5lbs down since Tuesday. (Day I returned to FitDay) I have aches in places I never realised I could, and I've sweat more than any other week. Wish I could go back to the stage when I'd be dropping 5lb a week without much effort!
Felicity, good to see you losing again.

I hear ya' about the 5lb weeks. I seem to see a pattern of a 5lb week, then a couple of 1-2lbs weeks, then another 5lb week. Weird. I'm sure the losses will slow even more for me before too long.

But, that's good, really--we're both considerably smaller and although it can be frustrating I think it's probably better to lose more slowly as we progress towards our goals.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.