The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by bookworm.jane
Stopping in to introduce myself. This thread is awesome! I found FitDay a few years ago but never got serious until a year and a half ago. I decided to stop putting my life on hold and get on with it. I talked to my doctor about getting pregnant. She was supportive, and also supportive with my decision to embark on a weight loss journey. For several months I followed her plan and lost about 30 lbs. Then my life changed drastically- weight loss was no longer a priority.

Now that I'm back on track with life in general, it's time to get back on track with weight loss. My doctor recommended keeping my calorie intake at 1200 daily and supplement with prenatal vitamins high in iron.

My highest weight was 285. I am currently around 250, and my goal is to reach 150. I haven't seen 150 since age 16!
Jane, welcome!

If you stick with FitDay you can certainly lose 100 pounds and pretty painlessly to boot.

1200 (good) calories should give you a nice daily calorie deficit and keep you fairly full. Add in some exercise and you'll be dropping pounds like nobody's business.

Regards,
Michael

PS I think the last time I weighed 150 pounds was, perhaps, third grade.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mamafoxy
Hi Guys and Gals, I would love to join the group. I have about 150 lbs to loose. My first goal is 100lbs in 6 months. I am super motovated and have never done it this way, the right way. In the past I have always relied on diet pills and just not eating to lose weight, just to have it come back on once I started eating again, Duh... My current weight is a whopping 311 lbs, I'm 46 years old and 5 feet 4 inches. I'm actually carrying around an extra human being! I have a 4 year old son, and we only have eachother, so I really need to get on it. I'm only on my third day, but this site has been fantastic so far, I was just looking online for a calorie counter and stumbled upon "Fitday" what a great tool for all of us. I have a very limited support system, so I'm reaching out to all of you. This is my motovational phrase that I say to myself over and over "Nothing that I want to eat is more important than my health or my son" simple as that! I also think about August 1st and being 100lbs lighter, and feeling comfortable about frolicking on the beach with my son.
Foxy, glad to see you made it over to our 100 + thread. Not everyone can related to being a hundred (or more--in my case, much more ) overweight so it's nice to be able to talk amongst folks in the same situation.

I like to set up smaller goals for myself such as lose 10% bodyweight by such and such a date (currently working on April 1st). It's mentally easier, for me at least, to wrap my head around that thinking "oh, my, I'll NEVER lose 265 pounds!").

Make sure you log all your foods and activities here every day and make sure log all your food--the good, the bad and the ugly. If you do that, I'm sure you'll meet your goal.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
Hey, in a month or two you'll see a difference. I bet you can feel it already, even if it doesn't show.

My wife is about your height, my daughter an couple inches shorter. One could stand to lose 175 to 200 and the other a good 75 to 100. I congratulate you on taking care of this before it got totally out of hand!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks so much Michael You're a class act, really and truly. Right now I feel an energy difference, and that's good enough for me. I might not be noticing a clothing difference because many of my clothes are too-tight already, so getting to the point where they "fit" -- heck, I might not notice! I've got a couple of tops in the closet that I know fit me 6 months ago, once I hit a certain weight I'll try 'em on. That'll probably be the first "whoa" for me -- fitting BACK into things!

Last edited by taubele; 02-04-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Thanks so much Michael You're a class act, really and truly. Right now I feel an energy difference, and that's good enough for me. I might not be noticing a clothing difference because many of my clothes are too-tight already, so getting to the point where they "fit" -- heck, I might not notice! I've got a couple of tops in the closet that I know fit me 6 months ago, once I hit a certain weight I'll try 'em on. That'll probably be the first "whoa" for me -- fitting BACK into things!
Having clothes fit again is a great feeling. I've got jeans from size 60 down to 38. It's a nice milestone every time I can move down another size. I also go "closet shopping" every couple of months. I've retired my 8x down through 4x shirts and many of my 3x ones are getting baggy.

Have a great day and keep up those eight pound months--they DO add up.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome Michael, I know my qoal is a little bit drastic, but I have a fire under my butt now and I'm taking advantage of it! My birthday was Jan. 20th, and my boyfriend who was reading the paper said "Hey listen to what your horoscope say's today- Something good is brewing within you and it's about time to take action" I just took it as another sign and said "Oh, It sure is!"
Old 02-04-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Friday all!!

Well, Iv'e been doing this for exactly 1 month now. I allowed myself 1 cheat day, and that day I ate Mcdonalds. OMG I felt so bloated and icky after that, was definitely not worth it. Other than that I am pretty surprised at how well I have stuck to it this time. In the many past attempts, week 2 or 3 was where I gave up. I have exercised all but 2 days, and I'm ready to increase it I think. Do need to work on the water intake, it's all I drink, but I need more.

I just feel different about it this time, maybe I want it more, I dunno. It just doesn't seem as hard this time. I'm just ready to shed this fat suit.

But I have lost a total of 18lbs. since Jan.5 woohoo! I have noticed a couple small changes, but nothing drastic yet. Although, I feel a lot stronger. Not getting winded anymore going up & down the stairs to do laundry is very nice!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by williamscouple
Happy Friday all!!

Well, Iv'e been doing this for exactly 1 month now. I allowed myself 1 cheat day, and that day I ate Mcdonalds. OMG I felt so bloated and icky after that, was definitely not worth it. Other than that I am pretty surprised at how well I have stuck to it this time. In the many past attempts, week 2 or 3 was where I gave up. I have exercised all but 2 days, and I'm ready to increase it I think. Do need to work on the water intake, it's all I drink, but I need more.

I just feel different about it this time, maybe I want it more, I dunno. It just doesn't seem as hard this time. I'm just ready to shed this fat suit.

But I have lost a total of 18lbs. since Jan.5 woohoo! I have noticed a couple small changes, but nothing drastic yet. Although, I feel a lot stronger. Not getting winded anymore going up & down the stairs to do laundry is very nice!
Almost 10% of your body weight in a month--amazing!

I must say, and I know it's not the same with everyone but (IMHO) this weight loss thing just isn't that hard once you've decided that NOW is the time. If you dabble at it half-heartedly, log calories a few days a week and play around then no, it's not that easy.

If you "flip the switch", make a plan and stick to it, it's almost like the weight loss goes on auto pilot. You stick to your calorie limit, you do your exercise, you drink your water and you log it all. How much more simple could it be?

And I hear you about the "cheat day", which I prefer to call my "day off". I had a six pack of Shipyard Export Ale and a super home-made Genoa grinder--about 3,000 cals for the day and felt awful. I've had McDonald's exactly twice since starting last May--one .99 McDouble each time. They were nasty and I'll likely not ever have another.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit so keep up the good work and keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you! I know I got a good head start, I'm sure it will slow down, but thats Ok.

Yeah, I can safely say that was the end of Mickey D's for me.

And yes, the switch flipped, perfect way of saying it.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Friday indeed. I lost another pound, which brings me to *drum roll*
TEN pounds lost. Finally hit the double digits! Look out goal weight, 'cause I'm comin' for ya.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Happy Friday indeed. I lost another pound, which brings me to *drum roll*
TEN pounds lost. Finally hit the double digits! Look out goal weight, 'cause I'm comin' for ya.
That's awesome! Keep up the great work!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.