Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

It has been a month and according to the tape measure, more than 5 inches have disappeared. One measurement changed by 3 inches, so I am thinking that I had some faulty measurements going on, either to start or now.

2 good inches are just fine with me. They are spread over neck, upper arm, waist, hip and thigh. (It was the hip that was faulty.)
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
It has been a month and according to the tape measure, more than 5 inches have disappeared. One measurement changed by 3 inches, so I am thinking that I had some faulty measurements going on, either to start or now.

2 good inches are just fine with me. They are spread over neck, upper arm, waist, hip and thigh. (It was the hip that was faulty.)
Maybe not, my hips have lost more inches, more quickly than any other part of me.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24

Great progress--keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-24-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hi everyone,

Good to see all the new folks in here . I’m still in hard times to find easy access to the internet, but managed the 2 mile each way walk today. I haven’t had access to a scale in almost a month now, and I’m not able to deal with my food log or intake properly, but I’m doing the best I can with what I’ve got for the moment.

I’m feeling a bit depressed today because I just found an email that said that my best friend is getting married on the 28th of the month, and I won’t be able to attend . Depression is one of my downfalls when it comes to food. I tend to “stuff” my feelings with carbs, (which is supposed to increase the serotonin levels in your brain, giving a false feeling of happiness) but that creates the great carb cycle of crash and stuff, etc . Mom has offered to send me home earlier than planned so I can attend the wedding, but that would mean that she wouldn’t have any assistance, and she still isn’t able to do things like bath herself or do the laundry, so although it is tempting, I’m wouldn’t feel right taking her up on the offer. I would also loose out on the class that I started a few weeks ago (I’ve been trying to take it for almost 2 years now, and have always managed to miss it in the past).

I hadn’t watched TV for over 2 years until I came down here and became trapped in the house all the time. In the past few weeks I’ve watched Dr. Oz with her a few times. It seems like every time I watch, he is talking about the “New” Weight Watchers “Points Plus” program. Does anyone know anything about it? I’ve never been one to want to do a diet that required money, but he seems to crow about it every time I see him, so if anyone has any info I’d like your thoughts on it.

Thanks, and hope everyone is doing well. I’m trying to find computer access that is either closer to us, or is at least more frequently available, if I can come up with something I may be able to check in more than once every 2-3 Weeks .
Jen, sounds like your hanging on. Keep doing the best you can. Depression is tough--just remember it's a temporary situation and overeating never solved a darned thing.

The weight watchers formula is pretty simple. I understand the "new" formula change basically encourages you to eat more fruits and veggies and penalizes you hard for "treats".

I used the old formula for a while back along and it worked fine. It really just boils down to another way to reduce your caloric intake (just like tracking cals on FitDay does).

Keep on walking--a four mile hike will do a lot to off-set any extra cals you may be getting. And keep us posted as to how you're holding up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

I'm feeling discouraged today, I was up a pound I have been faithfully tracking and sticking to 1500 calories and started exercising last week. The only thing I can think of was maybe the sushi on my 'off' day (salty soy sauce). I guess I just have to keep at it and hope it will all even out soon.
Julieann

forgot to edit the signature first... current weight 255 lbs, pounds lost 8

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 01-24-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
I'm feeling discouraged today, I was up a pound I have been faithfully tracking and sticking to 1500 calories and started exercising last week. The only thing I can think of was maybe the sushi on my 'off' day (salty soy sauce). I guess I just have to keep at it and hope it will all even out soon.
Julieann

forgot to edit the signature first... current weight 255 lbs, pounds lost 8
It happens, sometimes. I've seen the scale go up even more than that, then the next day be back to where it should be and perhaps even show a loss (as you point out, likely due to a higher-than-normal sodium meal). I've also seen the scale stick for a couple of weeks (darned platueaus!).

I understand that for females there may be other reasons for fluctuations. Also, I understand that you may get muscle inflammation for a while when you start exercising, which can cause a gain.

Just keep doing what you're doing and I guarantee that scale will start falling again.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone

It does feel great Micheal!!! Although I won't be reaching my goal of 280 lbs by February 1st .... I think that it was a big goal to reach in 48 days!! hahahah I hope to lose another 2 to 3 pounds this week... which would bring me up to 20 lbs since December 14th!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
Thanks everyone

It does feel great Micheal!!! Although I won't be reaching my goal of 280 lbs by February 1st .... I think that it was a big goal to reach in 48 days!! hahahah I hope to lose another 2 to 3 pounds this week... which would bring me up to 20 lbs since December 14th!!!
Julie, that is great progress for only 48 days. I think you should be proud. I think perhaps if you move your 2/1 goal to 3/1 you'll make it. Sometimes no matter how well we stick to our plans our bodies don't quite keep up with our goals. And that is fine--we just have to wrap our heads around it (easier said than done, I know).

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I knew this day would come sooner or later. Today was my first day where I didn't actually lose anything. So far I've been losing at least a pound a day (It may mostly be water weight, but hey, I'll take it). I always go crazy weighing myself when I start a new plan, and that's just what I've been doing this time. It's about time I start weighing less often now. I'm looking at once a week and no more. Anyway, just thought I'd post an update on my progress. I'm 7 pounds down total, and ready for more!!!

I've even got my game face on.

<-- Here it is.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
It happens, sometimes. I've seen the scale go up even more than that, then the next day be back to where it should be and perhaps even show a loss (as you point out, likely due to a higher-than-normal sodium meal). I've also seen the scale stick for a couple of weeks (darned platueaus!).

I understand that for females there may be other reasons for fluctuations. Also, I understand that you may get muscle inflammation for a while when you start exercising, which can cause a gain.

Just keep doing what you're doing and I guarantee that scale will start falling again.

Regards,
Michael

Great wisdom Michael.

You always have a weigh of reminding us that it is the over all trend and commitment that is important and that we will 'stick' from time to time. I personally needed to hear that this week. Thanks for being one of our voices of reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.