Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Michael!! I have a closet full of those too smalls.... I look forward to the day when we all have a closet of too bigs and have to go shopping

My weigh in today was good - I was down 2lbs, but you are right the 'fall' did put me up a bit. I had been down 4 at that point. Oh well... another week and honestly if I'm down 2 again I will be happy.

Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 254 Jan 10/11
Pounds lost 9
Next mini goal 249lbs by Feb 14/11
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k (5min run/2min walk intervals)
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012
Old 01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Congrats Michael!! I have a closet full of those too smalls.... I look forward to the day when we all have a closet of too bigs and have to go shopping

My weigh in today was good - I was down 2lbs, but you are right the 'fall' did put me up a bit. I had been down 4 at that point. Oh well... another week and honestly if I'm down 2 again I will be happy.

Julieann
Julieann, that's great. That next 2lbs. will come right off I'm sure. I've seen my scale fluctuate up 3-4 pounds for no apparent reason sometimes. All it takes is one extra salty meal to retain a couple (or more) pounds of fluid. Within a day or two, things are back to normal.

Keep up the good work--slow and steady will win this "race"!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 01-17-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

I feel for you--I have had back issues since I was a teen. Ended up at the hospital for a lower back muscle spasm this summer. Worst.pain.ever.

But, I don't know about any particular exercises. I seem to recall that building ab muscles is supposed to help your back, but I don't know how true that is. Basically taking it easy and resting is what always helped mine.

How is it walking? If you can do it, that's great. Walking is still my main form of exercise because I can do it during my lunch period at work. I do best with ridgid schedule.

Have you talked with a Dr. or PT? Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in here and give us more ideas. If you haven't, feel free to post in the Exercise subforum.

Regards,
Michael

my walking is pretty bad. im walking like frankenstein as my husband would put it i cant walk or stand for no more than a few minutes. i talked to a chiropractor who specialized in spinal decomposition. i really felt good but w/out insurance its very expensive and its a long way they have a payment plan but i decided to do my own stretching and exercise( from drs supervision of course) i will find a dr thats close and does the same thing
Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you all had a good weekend! How is everyone doing?
I had my weight in this morning and I am down another 3.1 lbs!!! It's crazy how comfortable I feel this time.... and I actually feel like I have control of this

I do have a question... heheh I can't remember where I can go edit my signature in my profile

Thanks so much!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

can someone pls explain what is ideal nutrient information for me. i want to loose 20-25lbs every 3-4 mths and weigh 135-145 by this time next yr. im 5'6 and 245lbs
Old 01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
Hi Everyone!!

I hope you all had a good weekend! How is everyone doing?
I had my weight in this morning and I am down another 3.1 lbs!!! It's crazy how comfortable I feel this time.... and I actually feel like I have control of this

I do have a question... heheh I can't remember where I can go edit my signature in my profile

Thanks so much!!!
That's great--keep up the good work!

To edit your sig, find the blue bar at the top of the forum and click on the "User CP" link, then look to the left and find the "Edit Signature" link. Easy!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-18-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone,
Well today was truth day. With a big weekend and going out to eat 3 times I was VERY afraid. I tried to eat better than before and watch my portions etc. We had guest from out of town and a funeral and went out with my parents. BUT... I only gained .6 lbs notice the . I couldn't believe that I didn't gain more. I am so excited AND I love the whole "take your measurements" thing too because I lost 2 inches! I was working hard last week to stay active throughout the day and if I lost inches I would say that means it's working. Congrat Julie on your 3.1 loss and Micheal 10 lbs and I'm with Nykolel I need to know about the nutrient info. Good luck this week guys ..WE DESERVE THIS
Old 01-18-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much everyone!!
I was able to update my signature
Old 01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
FitDay Member

Today was my first ABTS (Abs, buns, toning, stretch) class. The brochure said no cardio.. RIIIIIIIIGHT! I made it through the class intact and am going back thurday. This is the first time in a long time I've moved my body so intensely!

Fingers crossed for being able to move tomorrow

Julieann
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Today was my first ABTS (Abs, buns, toning, stretch) class. The brochure said no cardio.. RIIIIIIIIGHT! I made it through the class intact and am going back thurday. This is the first time in a long time I've moved my body so intensely!

Fingers crossed for being able to move tomorrow

Julieann
WooHoo! That sounds pretty intense--good for you sticking with it and going back! That will get the weight loss bumped up a notch, I bet.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.