Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Great job on the weight loss everyone

First check-in for a couple weeks, but during that time I passed the 50% point of my long-term (100lb) goal. It's probably the thinnest I've been in my adult life.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Well, day one of my "starting over" went well. I ate well, drank well and split my work out in two to avoid being knackered half way through.
I was pretty tired today, and found that I required more carbs at lunch, but I'll balance that with a smaller dinner. It's all good!
Off out to my "Legs, Bums, Tums" class for the first time in 3 weeks. I'm sure I won't be so cheerful afterward.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
I may or may not reach my goals, but I refuse to be defined by my number on the scale, and instead hope to be defined by the smile on my face.
Originally Posted by mecompco
Felicity--don't overdo it!

Hey, we do the best we can--goals are great, but if we fall a little short, we just need to understand that we did the best we could under the circumstances and readjust them. And if we in fact did not do our best, well that happens sometimes too and we need to deal with it and be resolute to do better.

Congrats for not being a slave to the "numbers". I was talking with a lady who I work with the other day about exercise. She had the lap band a while ago and is skinny as a rail (she really wasn't that big to start with--she actually had to gain weight to qualify for the surgery). She does cardio only and I mentioned I was going to start lifting to build some calorie burning muscle--she said that she was afraid to as that might increase her weight and she couldn't have that.

It's sad that we let a rather meaningless number have such control over us.

Regards,
Michael
Man, everyone is doing great! I think it's going to be a great 2011.

I just couldn't let these posts go unquoted. I feel like writing Felicity's words on my wall with magic marker. Maybe I'll just come back here and visit it from time to time. And Michael, what can I say? You broke it down in a way that even those of us stuck in our patters for decades can understand.

The wisdom and sensibility that flies around in this thread is so inspirational to me. Thanks everyone!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

im new to this site and forum here is my plan
starting weight-245 (now 243) lost 2 lbs last week whoo hoo!!!!
apr-220
july-195
oct-170
jan 2012-145-135
my ideal weight fro my height is between 114-154 i put my goal weight right down the middle. that means i need to lose 2lbs /week. thats 25 lbs every 3-4months. is that doable and is it safe
Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Man, everyone is doing great! I think it's going to be a great 2011.
I think it's going to be a great 2011 too, for all of us. And you are doing wonderfully yourself! I don't have to say this really, but keep it up!!!

My first fitness class since the flu was ridiculously hard. And I haven't been in so much discomfort during a work out since late summer. Oh well, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nykolel
im new to this site and forum here is my plan
starting weight-245 (now 243) lost 2 lbs last week whoo hoo!!!!
apr-220
july-195
oct-170
jan 2012-145-135
my ideal weight fro my height is between 114-154 i put my goal weight right down the middle. that means i need to lose 2lbs /week. thats 25 lbs every 3-4months. is that doable and is it safe
Welcome Nykolel,
Congrats on your first loss, and for deciding to change to a healthier lifestyle.
Sounds like you've given yourself a great plan, with realistic goals and timescales. I'm sure with enough determination you'll sail to your destination!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

thanx i needed that . u too with with weight loss plan. stick with it i know u will do fine
Old 01-13-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

I keep losing the same 4lbs over and over, and it's beginning to get frustrating!
I've also noticed that in the short time that I was ill that my measurements have increased slightly and my arms are looking more flabby again. My belly also seems HUGE. I know how dangerous it is, but I'm really losing faith at the moment.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Felicity, I hear you.
I too have been ill this past week and even though I was eating reasonably, the Halls and decongestants probably tipped my calorie count. I have virtually had no energy to even try working out.
But tomorrow morning, I intend to step on the scale in the morning and take it like a woman and then move on from there.

Stick with it with me.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
I keep losing the same 4lbs over and over, and it's beginning to get frustrating!
I've also noticed that in the short time that I was ill that my measurements have increased slightly and my arms are looking more flabby again. My belly also seems HUGE. I know how dangerous it is, but I'm really losing faith at the moment.
Hang in there, it's amazing what a couple weeks back in routine will do!

Julieann
Fitday Start weight 263 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 256 Jan 10/11
Pounds lost 7
Next mini goal 249lbs by Feb 14/11
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k (5min run/2min walk intervals)
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.