The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I have been on the site for a few weeks, but just discovered the forums! I have lost 30 lbs in the past year, but have been at the same weight for several months now. I still have 105 lbs to go and have decided that this will be the year (fingers crossed).

I just want to say way to go for all your successes and I hope to meet everyone at the 'goal'line.

Julieann
Starting weight 295 Jan 2009
Current weight 263 Jan 7 2011

I have to sort out goals, but the main one I'm working toward right now is 199 by July 7/11
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Hi, I have been on the site for a few weeks, but just discovered the forums! I have lost 30 lbs in the past year, but have been at the same weight for several months now. I still have 105 lbs to go and have decided that this will be the year (fingers crossed).

I just want to say way to go for all your successes and I hope to meet everyone at the 'goal'line.

Julieann
Current weight 263 Jan 7 2011

I have to sort out goals, but the main one I'm working toward right now is 199 by July 7/11
Juliann, welcome!

Great job on the 30 pounds. Now, what's your plan for getting rid of the next 63 by July?

Don't be a stranger, and post up if there's anything we can do to help!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael - my plan is to stick to 1600 cal/day with a once a week treat day of up to 2000. I have done the all or nothing dieting before and find I go nuts and binge like crazy when I go off the diet, so once a week I plan something to look forward to. Sometimes thinking of the treat day is all that gets me through those tough days.

I am also going to walk 3x a week for jan, possibly adding in an exercise class 2x a week. I'll reevaluate the exercise feb 1st. There is a 5k fun run/walk in May that I have done in the past and I'd like to do it again this year, hopefully with some running

Julieann
Current weight 263 Jan 7/11
Exercise Goal 5k May/11

Goal 199 July 7/11

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 01-09-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Michael - my plan is to stick to 1600 cal/day with a once a week treat day of up to 2000. I have done the all or nothing dieting before and find I go nuts and binge like crazy when I go off the diet, so once a week I plan something to look forward to. Sometimes thinking of the treat day is all that gets me through those tough days.

I am also going to walk 3x a week for jan, possibly adding in an exercise class 2x a week. I'll reevaluate the exercise feb 1st. There is a 5k fun run/walk in May that I have done in the past and I'd like to do it again this year, hopefully with some running

Julieann
Current weight 263 Jan 7/11
Exercise Goal 5k May/11
Goal 199 July 7/11
Great plan! I agree "all or nothing" thinking is a real trap, and one I've fallen into in the past. The extra calorie day works great for some people. I plan for one a month (which ususally involves beer) but with "no limit" (though I find I still keep it more-or-less reasonable).

I think exercising every day is important, though I find it tougher to do on the weekends.

A 5K sounds like a good challenge!

Have a great day.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been MIA for two weeks... with Christmas and then moving into our new house it's been crazy!! I got thru Christmas great! My weight loss between December 24th till this morning is 3.8 lbs! I am very pleased with that

How has everyone been doing?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Last week I was still not well enough to go back to the gym, and my body definitely told me so. I've started over this week, and hopefully it'll mark the start of a successful 2011. I may or may not reach my goals, but I refuse to be defined by my number on the scale, and instead hope to be defined by the smile on my face.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
Hi Everyone,

I've been MIA for two weeks... with Christmas and then moving into our new house it's been crazy!! I got thru Christmas great! My weight loss between December 24th till this morning is 3.8 lbs! I am very pleased with that

How has everyone been doing?
Hey, good to see you back. Boy, if you had almost a four pound loss through all that stress, you're doing great--good for you!

Things are good here. Kind of hunkering down and hoping for an early spring.

Take care and keep up the great work.

Regards,
Michaekl
Old 01-10-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Last week I was still not well enough to go back to the gym, and my body definitely told me so. I've started over this week, and hopefully it'll mark the start of a successful 2011. I may or may not reach my goals, but I refuse to be defined by my number on the scale, and instead hope to be defined by the smile on my face.
Felicity--don't overdo it!

Hey, we do the best we can--goals are great, but if we fall a little short, we just need to understand that we did the best we could under the circumstances and readjust them. And if we in fact did not do our best, well that happens sometimes too and we need to deal with it and be resolute to do better.

Congrats for not being a slave to the "numbers". I was talking with a lady who I work with the other day about exercise. She had the lap band a while ago and is skinny as a rail (she really wasn't that big to start with--she actually had to gain weight to qualify for the surgery). She does cardio only and I mentioned I was going to start lifting to build some calorie burning muscle--she said that she was afraid to as that might increase her weight and she couldn't have that.

It's sad that we let a rather meaningless number have such control over us.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-10-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh in day for me.... down 7lbs!! Happy Day
Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 256 Jan 10/11
Pounds lost 7

Next mini goal 249lbs by Feb 14/11
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k (5min run/2min walk intervals)
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Weigh in day for me.... down 7lbs!! Happy Day
Julieann

Fitday Start weight 263 lbs Jan 3/11
Current weight 256 Jan 10/11
Pounds lost 7

Next mini goal 249lbs by Feb 14/11
Exercise goal walk/run a 5k (5min run/2min walk intervals)
Ultimate goal 160 Jan 2012
That's great--keep it up! Only another 7 lbs. to go for your next mini goal--how exciting!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.