Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hello,
I think I'm over the worst of my flu and the worst of my ear infection, but as I'm still on antibiotics I'm just going back to the gym until Tuesday. Hopefully I'll be back to full strength by then and be able to hit it hard! I'm dreading my first meet with the scale. I've eaten whatever I've wanted to this past week and a half, and will probably pay handsomely. It will be a good way to see how my body has coped with poor food choices and no exercise though. I've actually missed the gym!!!
My Mum is still in hospital but is hoping to be out in a few days. I went to visit her for the first time today, after finally being given the OK about my flu. She was cracking jokes and being a cow, definitely being herself! She won't be able to go back to work for a while and will be coming up short of breath a lot as her lungs are still weak from the pneumonia, but hopefully it will calm my little brother down. He's almost 5, and is being a complete nightmare without her being around!
I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, and gearing up for a great New Year!
I wasn't going to make a resolution as usually I give up after a few weeks, but this year I decided that I will make one as I know I will be able to keep it. I'm going to compete in my local half marathon. It's going to be a lot of work, but I can run 4 miles at the moment and that has been with no training so if I want it, I will succeed!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Felicity, glad to hear you're pretty much over the worst and that your Mom is out of the woods.

Certainly understandable that your eating hasn't been optimal under the circumstances! If there have been any setbacks I'm sure you'll undo them quickly.

I can't imagine running even half a marathon--you've got more gumption than I do.

I am looking forward to some biking and hiking this spring, but running 12 miles!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-29-2010, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Just logging my food and scanning the boards quickly when I spotted your wieght Michael! A HUGE congrats to you, going into the New year in the 200's must feel AWESOME! Well done to you and all on this thread who are trying so hard to build an new life for themselves! Wonderful news, keep it up and a happy and healthy New Year to all of you!!! xxx
Old 12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by gallusgal
Just logging my food and scanning the boards quickly when I spotted your wieght Michael! A HUGE congrats to you, going into the New year in the 200's must feel AWESOME! Well done to you and all on this thread who are trying so hard to build an new life for themselves! Wonderful news, keep it up and a happy and healthy New Year to all of you!!! xxx
Thank you. Yup, 299.5 on Christmas day. I hope to be a little more firmly into the "200s" soon.

I've got to say that I could not have done this w/o FitDay and the support of everyone here is a big help.

I've got a feeling the next 100 pounds may come off a bit tougher but I'm determined to do it (and more importantly, keep it off this time).

If I can help others along this journey, so much the better.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Thank you. Yup, 299.5 on Christmas day. I hope to be a little more firmly into the "200s" soon.
Michael! I didn't see that you'd skipped into Twoterville. Congratulations. And during the holidays.

No need for an inspiration link or video today... you're it
Old 12-30-2010, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Mecompco Mike-Congrats on breaking through the 300 mark. It must be great!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lynette185
Michael! I didn't see that you'd skipped into Twoterville. Congratulations. And during the holidays.

No need for an inspiration link or video today... you're it
Originally Posted by mmtc
Mecompco Mike-Congrats on breaking through the 300 mark. It must be great!
Thanks guys--it means a lot to me!

I was excited back in June when I hit the 300s and now the 200s are even better. Probably the only folks out there who would be excited about weight 299 pounds are those who have weighed 399 pounds (or more).

I realize 299 pounds is still morbidly obese, but I can't tell you how much better I feel. Even though I'm still big, at least a 2x size person doesn't attract the sideshow freak stares that a 6x-8x person does. And being able to easily walk a mile, climb stairs, even stand up w/o pain is just amazing.

I'm really looking forward to the new year and continuing on this journey. I hope all of you stick around to keep me company.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-31-2010, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

I am not ready to get excited because the first week is always water weight and for me it was also hormonal cycle weight.

This week the scale (digital) needle came down by 6.6 lbs.

Other good news in my life. I found my brother last night. He was put up for adoption 38 years ago. We made contact for the first time last night on Facebook, and then by phone. Enough memories add up that we know it is real.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I am not ready to get excited because the first week is always water weight and for me it was also hormonal cycle weight.

This week the scale (digital) needle came down by 6.6 lbs.

Other good news in my life. I found my brother last night. He was put up for adoption 38 years ago. We made contact for the first time last night on Facebook, and then by phone. Enough memories add up that we know it is real.
Annette, how exciting to find your brother after all those years! And congrats on the loss--even if it is fluid, the fat that was holding it will follow soon enough.

Have a nice New Years and keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year everyone!

Felicity...I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, and that your mom is also doing better. I'm sure you'll easily take care of any "damage" that was done while you were sick. I know what you mean about missing the gym. I've been away from it for a week and can't wait to work hard after breakfast today.

Jen...hang in there. First, I wish the best for your mom's surgery. While she is away you might consider moving her papers (in the order and number of piles they are currently in) to a surface where she can "work" like a table. This will allow you to get started in the kitchen. I'm sure it's a delicate situation. Good luck with it.

Lynette...congrats on a brilliant week and on reconnecting with your brother. What an amazing way to go into the new year.

Michael...I'm telling you, watching your progress is such a motivator for me. Keep up the great work. I feel like I'm walking behind you as you jog ahead and I'm just keeping you in my sights. You're setting an amazing pace. I hope to see you in the 200s by the end of the Fools challenge.

I couldn't be happier that with a week away from the gym, being surrounded by incredible food, and the holidays in the rear view, the scale says 329 this morning for a 2lb loss for the most dangerous week of the year. I managed to survive my New Year's party with just a sip of champagne, a small bit of a chocolate brownie, and a very small serving of pasta (while grazing all night on carrots and cucumbers).

Happiness and health everyone!

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.