Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Wow- sounds like a difficult night...I relate a lot to what you said. I too have to abstain from desserts- I have pinky promised my husband that the only dessert I will eat is ice cream, because its the only one I don't go crazy on. Even then, I don't generally have it in the house. Its just how it has to be.

Good luck on your progress... sounds like you are doing really well!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Michael, you must be superman. I wouldn't even want to be around that cr@p and if they were pushing it on me, I might have had to smack someone. I get aggressive like that when I'm irritable about food Good for you for sticking to your plan.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

Sister Jen,
I see what you mean. The willpower needed to cook those dainties in large amounts would be challenging as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

Lynette, That was a great success story! Thanks for sharing those inspirational stories. I like reading them.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

Michael,
You know you are absolutely right. I should of looked more closely at the calendar before making that decision. I'll try to get as close to 10 pounds weight loss as possible.
Thanks for helping me to stay accountable!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with you on those diet drinks. People say you can get used to the taste, but I just can't. My philosophy is "Don't Drink Your Calories." If I'm going to use up 160-180 calories on a regular soft drink, I'm going to eat something instead.
Back to diet drinks, someone told me that the aspartame and other stuff in it makes you more hungry. Also, some of the same ingredients in diet drinks are used in the stuff they use to prepare dead bodies. I don't know if that's true....but I usually drink water, cranberry juice or unsweetened tea. Besides a close relative of mine has kidney failure and his doctor says soft drinks, salt, and advil were contributing factors, along with high blood pressure. my rambling is over.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Amber,
You can do it.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Juliesaid,
There's nothing like moving to help burn calories.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

Judith,
I'm on a sweets kick these days, but trying hard to sustain. I cut up an apple, peeled it springled some cinnamon on it and set it in the microwave for about 45 seconds, stirred it up sprinkled on more cinnamon, until the apples could be softer....and believe it or not I was satisfied. I may add half a scoop of ice cream next time.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by scoop715
Michael,
You know you are absolutely right. I should of looked more closely at the calendar before making that decision. I'll try to get as close to 10 pounds weight loss as possible.
Thanks for helping me to stay accountable!
Well, I like to keeps my mini goals realistic--personally I have seen 10 to 15 lbs drop off in two weeks, but I've also seen the scale not move for two weeks--sometimes our bodies don't behave in a linear fashion.

I agree with you on those diet drinks. People say you can get used to the taste, but I just can't. My philosophy is "Don't Drink Your Calories." If I'm going to use up 160-180 calories on a regular soft drink, I'm going to eat something instead.
Back to diet drinks, someone told me that the aspartame and other stuff in it makes you more hungry. Also, some of the same ingredients in diet drinks are used in the stuff they use to prepare dead bodies. I don't know if that's true....but I usually drink water, cranberry juice or unsweetened tea. Besides a close relative of mine has kidney failure and his doctor says soft drinks, salt, and advil were contributing factors, along with high blood pressure. my rambling is over.
My Dad and sister both died of kidney failure (and the eventual complications of transplants). Best to avoid this problem if you can!

I've drank (drinked? drunk?) my share of diet soda but totally gave it up this summer. Now all I drink is water, black coffee and my once-a-month allotment of my favorite locally brewed ale. The only thing I eat that has aspartame is Dannon Light FF yogurt. I usually have three or so a week with my lunch.

Judith,
I'm on a sweets kick these days, but trying hard to sustain. I cut up an apple, peeled it springled some cinnamon on it and set it in the microwave for about 45 seconds, stirred it up sprinkled on more cinnamon, until the apples could be softer....and believe it or not I was satisfied. I may add half a scoop of ice cream next time.
As a reformed carb freak, I loved all sweets--especially ice cream. I've given it all up and it no longer bothers me. I can pass up desserts and candy with ease. About the only sweet things I eat now are the above-mentioned FF fruit yogurt w/lunch and my nightly dose of prunes.

Keep up the good work and have a great day!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.