Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to say this thread is great! Keep it up guys, you are in a good place and have a great place to come to for support and advice. Good luck on your journey, I am going to keep reading!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Only lost .5lbs this week. It's gotten me down as I worked really hard in the gym, and during my classes. Really wanted to see something better.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hang in there Felicity. I'm sure you've had weeks like this where the work didn't translate to the results. I'm also sure that women's bodies are more variable than men's. I suspect, like I just experienced, you'll have a better than usual result next week.

I thought my Sunday night weigh-in last week showing no loss was probably affected by weighing in at the end of the day versus my usual morning. To my pleasant surprise this morning, I think that was right. I show 5lbs down from Sunday night, but I really think half of that is attributable to last week. But, officially, as the scale goes, I'm taking the 338lbs and running with it:

DetroitBreakdown: 343; 338

Have a happy and healthy weekend and week everyone!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Only lost .5lbs this week. It's gotten me down as I worked really hard in the gym, and during my classes. Really wanted to see something better.
Felicity, don't despair--we all have weeks like that (sometimes more than one) where we've done everything "right" and the scale just refuses to move. I'll admit it briefly annoys me as well, but I have to remind myself that this is a game of averages.

I'll have a week or two where I stay the same or lose half a pound, then get surprised by a 7 lbs loss the next week. It all averages out to 3 lbs. a week, which is very comfortable for me.

Now you're getting down to "skinny" territory I'd expect the scale to more more slowly, which is also normal.

Keep up the fight, don't get depressed and find something to do to get your mind off it--that's my .02.

Have a nice, healthy weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-11-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
I thought my Sunday night weigh-in last week showing no loss was probably affected by weighing in at the end of the day versus my usual morning. To my pleasant surprise this morning, I think that was right. I show 5lbs down from Sunday night, but I really think half of that is attributable to last week. But, officially, as the scale goes, I'm taking the 338lbs and running with it:

DetroitBreakdown: 343; 338

Have a happy and healthy weekend and week everyone!
Man, you're doing great--looks like you'll meet your next goal ahead of time. Keep it up and have a great weekend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Now you're getting down to "skinny" territory I'd expect the scale to more more slowly, which is also normal.
I LOL'd at the "skinny" comment. x
Old 12-11-2010, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Don`t get yourself down Felicity! Look how far you have come! Wow, you have been doing amazing since June. I hope I can do half that...I`m 264lbs now trying to get down to 150ish eventually too. Since you have been doing so well in such a short period of time, have any helpful tips for me? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
I LOL'd at the "skinny" comment. x
I'm very serious--my wife is where you were at when you started (and she's only 5'2") and she'd be smokin' at 225.

Rejoice at your wonderful progress and get ready to hit the new year running!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-11-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, all!

I'm at 285 lbs.

I've been on and off diets for most of my life. Highest weight was 309, never normal weight or thin unless you count "at birth."

Nice to find this site and I hope I can pick up some inspiration and tips from y'all.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by strawberryhotcake
Don`t get yourself down Felicity! Look how far you have come! Wow, you have been doing amazing since June. I hope I can do half that...I`m 264lbs now trying to get down to 150ish eventually too. Since you have been doing so well in such a short period of time, have any helpful tips for me? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Aw, thank you so much for the kind words! You want some tips off of me? Well umm, I don't know what to say really.
I guess, don't expect miracles. It might look like I've easily loss 70lbs in 6 months but it's not been a walk in the park, and there have been many times that I've fallen off the wagon and had to pick myself back up. This is normal, don't be too hard on yourself! We're not infallible, and the experience of little failures is definitely useful on the journey.

Definitely find an exercise that you enjoy. So many people on here complain about their work outs, and it drives me nuts because I love mine! There's so many different things you can do to get in shape. Slogging it out on a treadmill in the gym is only one of them. (And a very bland option too I might add.) See what's available in your local area, maybe get yourself a Wii or rent some exercise DVDs from your local library. I've been considering adding some indoor rock climbing to my routine just for something different. The options really can be endless!

I don't really know what else to add I'm afraid. Though if you have any specific questions I'll be glad to try answer them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.