Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:46 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Michael, Jen, Almeeker, detroitbreakdown, weightloss boo and all,
thanks very much for your warm welcome. I loved your gratitude stories, I'm at work right now so I can't hang in here for too much longer today but I will tell you htat I';m so grateful that I've found you all and this site. Especially this thread. I feel like I have hope again and knowing that you folksa re all going through the same thing makes me feel much less isolated in my big chunky self. thank you for being here.

sincerely,
Nora
Old 12-06-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
mecompco, I don't have any book suggestions for you, but I do know that there are a ton of blogs on people losing weight. I also saw a woman on the Today show that lost 178 pounds and wrote a book called "Half Assed", which I think deals with that issue among others, but I can't say for sure because I haven't read it. I've been reading "Eat This Not That", which has been fairly helpful in terms of teaching me how to make better food choices. I've also been thinking about buying "Thin For Life".
Thanks for sharing--those are great things to be thankful for!

I found an article on "Phantom Fat" here: ?Phantom fat? can linger after weight loss - Health - Women's health - msnbc.com

that is pretty good, but really doesn't give much in the way of advice for actually dealing with the problem. I'll check out "Half Assed" and "Thin for Life"--sounds like it might be what I need. I found a book on eating disorders that really helped me identify and deal with my "all or nothing" attitude towards weight loss. I just don't want to end up like last time.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! I'm here to hopefully get some umph back in my life, to keep on making healthy and wise choices. I've lost 70 lbs over the past 3 years and would like to lose another 70. I'm currently at 238 and three months ago I was 218....some crappy circumstances had gotten the better of me, but I WILL NOT let them defeat me. I am looking for a support group to help encourage me to keep on and hold me accountable....Help!!!!!! My goal in June was to be under 200 by Christmas but that's out so I would like to get there by the end of march when my husband and I would like to try and add a fourth child to our litter.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Lorilee. Please do join the fun and we'll do our best to support you through your process. It sounds like you've already put in some tremendous work, and we'll be here for you to help you get back on track.

I really find a lot of motivation in tracking my consumption and activities through the resources on the site, and I've found this to be a very supportive community. Feeling accountable to this thread is just a little extra motivation.

There's always room for more.

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Lorilee. I'm new here, too. I'm finding the food tab really useful, also the activities tab... I've only been really keeping track for a couple of days but it's keeping me honest. The calorie balance is especially helpful... Welcome!!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Weigh Up to get Down!

Hello fit family. I am new to this site. I committed myself today to logging on and staying on to Myfitday.com. I love this site and the forum. I am female and my height is 5'5. On November 8, 2010 I weighed in at 242lbs. I had the Lap-Band Surgery on 11/16/2010. On 12/2/2010 when I went to my doctors office, I weighed in at 222 lbs. I am scared of the scale but this will help me overcome my scale fear. I am going to buy a scale today. I will weigh in every Saturday. Thank you for the thread.

My Goal lbs by 10/1/2011
11/8/2010 lbs
12/2/2010 lbs
Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

My Goal 150lbs by 10/1/2011
11/8/2010 242lbs
12/2/2010 222lbs
Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Debbie, and good luck with your new lifestyle. For what it's worth, I am quickly losing my fear of the scale and starting to love it. I hope you end up feeling the same way.

I have to share a bit of good news with the thread. I had a doctor appt. this morning for a med check and review blood work from tests last week. My doc literally did a double take looking at the file. He said I'm down 12lbs since the last time I saw him, my cholesterol has made a radical improvement (169), my blood pressure is better, and my blood sugar has improved.

I was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome last year, which, I'm sure many of you know, is a combination of symptoms that put someone at greater risk for hearth issues and diabetes. Since I was diagnosed I've been on metformin for blood sugar and lisinopril for blood pressure. He wants to see me in three months to see if I'm sticking with the program and if I continue to improve, but he suggests that I could look forward to coming off those medications!!!

The tests were run just three weeks after I started exercising regularly and eating clean. I'm amazed that there could be this much improvement over such a short period of time, and can only hope it is sustained.

What a motivator this is for me. I'm so happy I just want to jump on an exercise bike
Old 12-07-2010, 10:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Debbie, Lorilee, welcome!

It's amazing how quickly the human body can adapt and repair itself when given half a chance.

Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-07-2010, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Michael,

Was it you that I remember was celebrating being able to use your wii fit balance board?

I ask because to celebrate I bought myself a wii fit. I have been using the EA Sports active. I always wanted the wii fit, but knew I was too heavy. But now that I can honestly imagine being able to use the balance board, I thought I'd bite the bullet.

If it was you, were you able to use it at all before you got under 330lbs, or did you just have to wait it out? If it wasn't you, I'll go looking for who made that post.

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.