Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Going to try (again) to lose the weight.

Hi everyone. I keep falling off of the wagon, I've tried so many different approaches but find it hard to stick to anything. I'm seeing an endocrinologist this time around, as well as a therapist. I hope that participating in the forums here will keep me a little more accountable, and make the process less lonely.

Congrats on everyone who has made progress or succeeded with their goals so far. You are all very inspirational.

I'm 23 and I've been overweight/obese ever since I was 9 years old. I have a number of health issues related or aggravated by my excess weight. I use food as an emotional escape, and as an award or artificial self-care. I have a lot to work through so I'll probably off and on, but I'm going to just keep trying.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Smile How To Get Over A Weight Loss Plateau

Thi is is amazing !
How To Get Over A Weight Loss Plateau : Quick Weight Loss Advice: How To Get Over A Weight Loss Plateau

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-20-2015 at 02:00 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 08-10-2015, 06:29 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Resurrection

Hey there folks! I was struggling with obesity because of my unhealthy lifestyle, I tried everything and nothing was helping. I came by this application 2 weeks ago and it's helped me a lot. I dropped 5 pounds in a week and I'm excited because this is the beginning of my journey! Check it out and reply to this thread if you have any feed back cheers!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-10-2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 09-29-2015, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

What a great thread. I started my journey back in March of 2015 when my weight hit 393 lbs. For years I had been watching the numbers on the scale go up and up and up and yet I did nothing about it. I had gotten to the point where my back hurt so bad I couldn't stand for more than a couple of minutes. This led to an even further sedentary lifestyle than I was already living, which in turn lead to the all too common cycle of: eating > gaining more weight > depression > eating more out of depression >more weight gain. Finally, when I could no longer stand it, I decided to make a change.

Because I have so much weight to lose, I set my "long term goals" every 3 months. I aim to lose 2 lbs per week which works out to about 24 lbs ever 3 months. I have been trying to keep my calories between 1100 - 1300 per day and use the food log every single day to track them.

I will try to log my weight monthly. Hopefully others who have a lot to lose will join me. Good luck to everyone. And hopefully the OP of this thread is now at his goal weight. If not, come back and join us Michael. And thanks for starting this thread.

It is now September 2015 and since March, I have lost 79 lbs.

Starting Weight: 393
Final Goal Weight: 145 - 150
Total Pounds To Lose: 248 lbs

March 2015 - 393
April 2015 - 373
May 2015 - 362
June 2015 - 349
July 2015 - 341
August 2015 - 324
September 2015 - 314

Last edited by nikkifanatic; 09-29-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default I am so humbly returning

Hey Guys....well friends,
I am up to 336.2lbs. Six months ago I was 304lbs. I am in trouble. I have 180 lbs to lose, and I was wondering if I can join you guys. I need you all support to go on this journey, because I cannot do this alone. I am not new here but I was always shy to say anything on the forum. Hoping to change that.

Sincerely,
Chinatot
Old 06-07-2016, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

Originally Posted by nikkifanatic
What a great thread. I started my journey back in March of 2015 when my weight hit 393 lbs. For years I had been watching the numbers on the scale go up and up and up and yet I did nothing about it. I had gotten to the point where my back hurt so bad I couldn't stand for more than a couple of minutes. This led to an even further sedentary lifestyle than I was already living, which in turn lead to the all too common cycle of: eating > gaining more weight > depression > eating more out of depression >more weight gain. Finally, when I could no longer stand it, I decided to make a change.

Because I have so much weight to lose, I set my "long term goals" every 3 months. I aim to lose 2 lbs per week which works out to about 24 lbs ever 3 months. I have been trying to keep my calories between 1100 - 1300 per day and use the food log every single day to track them.

I will try to log my weight monthly. Hopefully others who have a lot to lose will join me. Good luck to everyone. And hopefully the OP of this thread is now at his goal weight. If not, come back and join us Michael. And thanks for starting this thread.

It is now September 2015 and since March, I have lost 79 lbs.

Starting Weight: 393
Final Goal Weight: 145 - 150
Total Pounds To Lose: 248 lbs

March 2015 - 393
April 2015 - 373
May 2015 - 362
June 2015 - 349
July 2015 - 341
August 2015 - 324
September 2015 - 314
Are you still on your journey? May I join you? I need a friend on this journey, I cannot do this by myself. Since we are heading in the same direction, I would to join you if you are still going.
Sincerely,
Chinatot
Old 08-04-2016, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

hi hi. i just found this site today ) which is beautiful. I have started my Keto diet and shall see how i progess.
I am sedentary - at present - but i do love swimming. So i will sign up for swimming this week, cuz it makes me feel better.
and with this site i am able to see exactly my cals, protein and carb intake.
the one trick to help me stay off cakes and pastries and other junk is that when I look at the package my mind immediately tells me that it is FILLED with pesticides, herbicides, even MORE preservatives, toxic colors, food enhancers such as MSG, CORN SYRUP (which I abhor) and other UNHEALTHY chemicals. now all that crap turns me off since i prefer organic.
since my mind is telling me that i would eat all these toxins it helps me to walk away from all this crap. so ya, I am not craving packaged/canned food at all. this has helped me to stay away from sweets for almost 6 weeks (and then I don't know what happened, I guess I made my own cookies).
maybe someone finds this thought helpful in their quest for better health.
Be the healthy forces with you all. Pojub
Old 11-12-2016, 05:56 PM
FitDay Member

How the hell did I not know about this forum before?
Such a great place to meet people with similar motivation and purpose!
WOW

btw, I am Marianne and this is my first post :-)
Old 12-15-2016, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

I am so glad that I found this forum!! Interesting to read the success stories of every one. I have also lost weight, not once, but a lot of times, and my experience with weight loss is that its more of a mental game that a physical game. You need to program yourself mentally to be disciplined with your workout schedule and diet. Once that is done, just the implementation remains and results are before you in some time. I found the tips from this source to be highly helpful, because they kept me focused and motivated to reach my goal:

Cheers and keep it up!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 12-26-2016 at 12:16 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 12-15-2016, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Importance of Tips & Motivation while losing weight

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/c...#disqus_thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.