The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by clay7160
Thats it Annette, one day at a time....like your medicine, take a minute to log it will help with weight loss...
Hello All, my name is Jennifer and I am 60 years old, have been hanging around here for a long time, read all your beautiful and helpful posts but never join in, because I felt I had nothing to add, cause you were all doing so well and successful at losing weight, and I felt like a total failure, cause I could not lose a pound, no matter how hard I tried, I decided this is a new year and I am going to try and lose some of this weight, I weight on Jan 8th, 307 lbs....weight this morning and was down to 305.4 lbs.....I never liked exercise because I had severe arthritis in both knees.....had knee replacement for both knees last year, so I am hoping I can get some exercise in...I made a promise to myself to track my food everyday on Fitday....good or bad days....I am logging in because I need all your help to reach my goal of 150lbs, cause I am so sick of all the embarrassing things that I have been through to get to age 60.....have a good friend that we use to go to WW together, now she is bed ridden and I feel sorry for her everyday. Please I am here to ask for your support on this difficult journey. God bless you all.
Jennifer
Old 01-28-2015, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Chinatot054
Hello All, my name is Jennifer and I am 60 years old, have been hanging around here for a long time, read all your beautiful and helpful posts but never join in, because I felt I had nothing to add, cause you were all doing so well and successful at losing weight, and I felt like a total failure, cause I could not lose a pound, no matter how hard I tried, I decided this is a new year and I am going to try and lose some of this weight, I weight on Jan 8th, 307 lbs....weight this morning and was down to 305.4 lbs.....I never liked exercise because I had severe arthritis in both knees.....had knee replacement for both knees last year, so I am hoping I can get some exercise in...I made a promise to myself to track my food everyday on Fitday....good or bad days....I am logging in because I need all your help to reach my goal of 150lbs, cause I am so sick of all the embarrassing things that I have been through to get to age 60.....have a good friend that we use to go to WW together, now she is bed ridden and I feel sorry for her everyday. Please I am here to ask for your support on this difficult journey. God bless you all.
Jennifer
Welcome Jennifer, you can do this!!
It sounds like you have the motivation you need to change your life.
I have been there... my highest weight was 355 lbs. If you have bad knees, swimming is a great way to get low impact exercise. I lost the first 60 lbs of my weight just by swimming a few times a week, and journaling my food intake.
Keep us posted on your progress
Old 02-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Banned

Thank you VirusInside.
I definately won't be a starnger here. This site is very helpful and the people seem so nice ^-^
Goodjob on your progress so far!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up How to Drop Bodyweight Speedy Without the Need Of Exercising

Working out is most likely one of the better approaches to shed pounds. Not everyone has the energy to work out, however. Strenuous days it is hard to go to the gym when all you want to do is sit on the couch eating a pint of ice cream thinking about how much money you would win if you replaced one of the idiots on Wheel of Fortune if you are working long.

“How can I lose weight fast if you are wondering? ” you may not require to determine in the beginning. Just cleaning your diet plan can help you lose weight quickly, and shed weight straightforward.

The first tip I have is by far the most important if you need to lose weight: beverage your water. Remaining hydrated maintains you motivated and healthy. Certainly one of the best tips in relation to fat loss is “Don’t drink your calorie consumption”. Two big opponents of dieting are Soft drink, and Alcoholic drinks.

The two include empty calorie consumption that needs to be averted. Let’s say you consume 3 bottles of cola on a certain day. Which is about 550 empty energy, which may be place to improve use. Try it out for your self. Pick a time where you eat food and drinks as you usually would, and at the end of the morning learn and record the number of calories came from beverages by itself. The final results may surprise you.

The subsequent tip is always to keep track of your energy and other healthy content material daily. In case you are wanting to know “How do i lose weight quickly? “, this is crucial. First, off, find out how many calories a day you need to meet your goals. The most accurate way is to use a BMR calculator online, although there are different formulas to do this. Typically a person puts in their height, age and weight and estimated daily activity level.

From here, someone then is aware of the number of calories every day to lose weight, sustain body weight, and put on pounds. So find your number and stick to it. Keep track of everything and be sure you don’t look at your desired caloric intake.

Effectively because our company is ingesting lots of normal water and know how many calories a day we should eat, lets decide what things to consume. It is important right here when responding to how to lose weight fast is to consume food products that provde the most value for your money. Let’s compare as an example, chicken breasts and peanut butter. Both of these foods are great options, but there is a difference here.

A fowl breast, dependant upon sizing, will usually have any where from 110 calories to 200 calories. Peanut butter, nonetheless, generally has 200 energy for two tablespoons. Both of these foods are good and healthy options, but in this situation it most likely would be better to go with the chicken breast. Why? You will be much more satisfied and stay full longer if you decide to eat the chicken because you are consuming fewer calories and yet more food as well.

This is why eating healthy is important when dieting because, among other things, you can normally reach your caloric goals and be full at the same time. Let’s say you may have pizza for lunch time. You drill down in, caring each and every chew, until you understood you just consumed a lot of energy. Here you go, 1 pm and you can only try to eat 400 a lot more energy for the rest of the day. Your eyesight fill up with tears. You begin to yell expletives in the pizzas, wondering why it might betray you like that. So, you can either starve yourself, or eat normally and eat more calories, and thus, gain weight. May sound like a shed-shed if you ask me.

Try to eat healthy, drink your drinking water, and count up your calories. Pursuing these simple measures will change you right into a far healthier person, and will allow you to respond to the concern, “How to lose weight quickly? “. see more

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-28-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 03-09-2015, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Hello - new to the site

Hey there!

I'm new to the community - I looked at the Atkins site and didn't want to fully commit to their specific diet plan - I'm doing more of a low carb/Paleo style diet myself although I'm not going very high in fat at this point. I have a goal of 225 lbs to lose, so it is going to be a long journey, especially since the first part of it depends largely on dietary changes and very low impact exercises as I am already suffering a lot of physical limitations caused my physical deterioration caused by my weight. I've never signed on to "fad" diets, and I'm looking for a whole new eating lifestyle. Having jumped in with both feet, I am already seeing that this is going to completely change the way I plan and prepare meals, and schedule my days in general. I feel like my lifestyle requires me to be much more attention to how long I wait to eat now if I am going to end up eating the right amount and feel contented by it. I need to pay attention to eating the right snacks, and at the right times to keep my energy level up. I have to think about beverages and condiments, and think ahead about what I will eat if I am not going to be at home. I am ready, though - because if I am unsuccessful, the only option I have is bariatric surgery. There is no room for messing around for me - my 14 year old daughter is already up to 200 lbs. Motivation is not a problem.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

I hope you don't mind me dropping in for some support. I weighed in this week the heaviest i have ever been at 210lbs. i really would like to get to back to the 110 lbs i weighted a few years back which will see me a then bottom level of my healthy bmi which gives me some wriggle room to pray around again. i love the acountability of posting on here and i wish all you 100lbs or more folks have every success. its good to be on board though i wanted to introduce myself to you all. Reading your stories is really inspiring

best wishes
Christina
xxxx
Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Never give up

I will be 80 in May of 2015, and still struggle to control my weight. Every diet book published has likely found a place in my home, in fact my late hubby used to joke that if I took out every diet book and then put them back in the shelves I would have had a great exercise. I would really like to get below 150 which is a goal I've not reached in the last ten years, and my short term goal is to lose down to 200. My peak weight was 273 in 2008, and my lowest weight since has been 220 in 2011, when I had my first mastectomy. After the second one in 2012 almost a year to the day, I was at 233. In January of 2013 I lost my hubby and began eating for any reason imaginable. My weight had gone up to 259 in Jan this year when I realized my folly in consoling myself with food just because I didn't care how I looked anymore. I am a great-great grandmother of 3 to date and expecting to add another in May. I want to see these children grow and become the lovely adults their parents are (I have 15 great grands.) My weight is currently 256.6 so I have to get serious about my eating. Any encouragement will be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

You can do it but it will take time. When you eat fewer calories and increase physical activity (even a little bit of increase will be beneficial), you will lose weight. Along the way, there will be temptations - but you can't afford to give in to them; giving in will only set you back.

It will take time and what's frustrating is that it doesn't happen as quickly as we want. With focus, it will happen. Use the support available to you. Take all the messages from the diet books (they all amount to eating fewer calories, no matter how you slice it) and get your doctor to be your partner in your campaign to lose weight.

Every time you 'fall off the wagon,' you will regret it. So, come here for encouragement and you will find plenty of it!

You CAN do it. Good luck!!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Cool

I understand about loosing weight, gaining weight we don't want or have control of, we exercise, we do everything we suppose to do, fitness and being healthy, and we still gain weight, I need to loose 100+ lbs to be healthy.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Banned

Default Green coffee bean extract reviews

When I started taking this , I weighed in at 198 lbs. In four weeks, I lost 6 lbs without changing anything. I have to say, however, that I have since modified my diet to continue this weight loss so I'm watching what I eat and work out an hour a day. I will check in again to update my results. I have read a lot of the reviews and all I can say that not everything works for everyone. I used to use something that you sprinkle on foods before you eat it and gave me severe stomach cramps. I am using the Dietworks GCB extract with svetol.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-18-2015 at 12:23 AM. Reason: removed links

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.