Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
I've been a total wreck as usual, I'm feeling like giving up on myself, and on life. I haven't cared to count my calories or weigh myself. I don't eat some days or even get out of bed except for to use the washroom. I just feel like I'm empty inside and my huge disgusting body is caving in. Don't think I'll be able to participate in the forum much while I'm so depressed and have nothing to contribute so I just wish all of you the best of luck with your weight-loss and thank you again for everyone who helped me.

I don't know where in Canada you are. However, we all battle depression. I live near the Missouri River and once found myself sitting on a boat ramp in my car with the engine running. While I had not planned the thing, I thought how easy it would be to just let off the brake and floor the engine. Problems solved! Well, that lasted about 10 seconds when I realized that life is what we make it. I have several pretty serious illnesses that are dramatically affecting my life and how others perceive me. I had a woman mess with my heart (she stomped on it and laughed) AND was a worthless fat bastard. (my pet name for myself) What did I do? I FORCED MYSELF to get up, I hated it. I forced myself to get out of the house, and I hated it! I forced myself to talk with others and I started to not hate it. In the back of my mind is the burning desire to find my smile. I am doing this through public contact and involvement with others. Yes there are tough days... However, let this old Marine tell you, that IS WHERE THE TOUGH GET GOING! I have convinced myself I am the toughest baddest guy on the planet. Inside I know this is not true but I am operating that way! As much as I would like to tell you it will be OK. I can't do that. What I can tell you is iy will be OK if you stand up, find a way to get involved and MAKE IT OK!

We are with you my friend. Many people care but only you can take that first step. See you on the lighter side with a better report!

Bill in KC
Old 06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hope everyone is having a good summer so far,

I'll be on a plane back to the Seattle area on Monday afternoon, but my roommate has rented my room out until the start of August...so I'm going to be couch surfing again . I'm hoping that I'll be in a place that has some computer access at least on occasion.

I'm a bit stalled on the weight loss right now, but am hoping that when I set my feet back on my home turf (or as close as I can get for now), things will start going in the right direction again.

Have a great week everyone, and welcome to all the new "faces" in here...I'm hoping that I will be able to catch up on the back posts in the weeks to come.
YOU GO GIRL!

I just started with the weight loss and am down 19 lbs in two weeks. (Gastric bypass)
I did not have your strength and had to resort to surgery.

Keep the faith with accommodations. It can be tough!

Bill in KC
Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

@Misery, you are not alone in this. We have all been there and support you through the ups and the downs. Seriously, things can and will be better, you have to understand that. I encourage you to post or to at least write down what you are feeling (that is what appears to be helping me).

@Bill - 19 lbs is amazing!!!! Keep up the great work!

Another week in the books and this one was particularly successful. I hit a couple of big early goals (losing 25 lbs, and hit my first near term goal with a few days to go). My workouts have drastically started getting more tolerable and I have started to walk to work (1.1 miles) every day. My trainer commented that the difference of the last month are night and day.

I am still an emotional wreck at times but those times seen to be getting slightly farther apart. I need patience. I am about a month in and while I am proud of what I have done thus far, I cannot wait until I drop the dress shirt size (and can get shirts at non- big and tall stores). uggggggghhhhhh.

NYCMike

--------------------------
May 10, 2011 - Starting weight - 341
June 6, 2011 - current weight - 316

July 3, 2010 - Near term Goal 2 - 305
June 10, 1010 - Near term Goal 1 - 320 (Met!)
Long term goal - under 200
Total Lost: 25 Lbs
Old 06-07-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
I've been a total wreck as usual, I'm feeling like giving up on myself, and on life. I haven't cared to count my calories or weigh myself. I don't eat some days or even get out of bed except for to use the washroom. I just feel like I'm empty inside and my huge disgusting body is caving in. Don't think I'll be able to participate in the forum much while I'm so depressed and have nothing to contribute so I just wish all of you the best of luck with your weight-loss and thank you again for everyone who helped me.

Misery,
I really know how you feel. You're just going to have to believe me on that. I've been there much of my life. One thing I've learned in my many ups and downs is that the best thing you can do to give yourself a fighting chance is to not allow yourself to isolate. Stay involved, even if you have to force yourself. Keep reading here, even if you don't participate. There is inspiration in these pages and you can get in on it when you're ready. Don't let yourself believe you can't, you're not worth it, or that nobody cares. You can, you are, and we do!

For years, decades even, I thought I wanted to be taken care of the way I took care of others. I never knew, and now realize, that nothing feels better than taking care of myself. It feeds everything. I used to binge on foods I liked because that was my twisted way of taking care of myself. It never made me feel better. Truly taking care of myself has been better than any drug.

I'm coming off a big slip, a liitle wallowing, and an urge to give up. Only days on the other side of it I feel 100 percent better. I had to make myself start and it was like I couldn't remember what felt good. I closed my eyes and faked my way into the motions, and before I knew it I was back in control. If I can do it you can too.

Hang in with us for you. We're here for you

Matt
Old 06-07-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

I had wrote on here earlier about finally admitting to myself that I do need to lose 100 pounds and I decided to look at it as losing 20 pounds 5 times. Well, I've lost my first 20! I am so proud of myself. This is so big for me. I have NEVER committed to being healthy before now. I still don't know what clicked for me this time, but I am glad it did. I also realize that any day I could go back to my old bad habits, but I just try to take it one day at a time, and some days (the high stress days) are one meal at a time.

I leave for Fort Worth for a business trip on Sunday. I know the hotel has a gym so I am not worried about getting my exercise. And 3 weeks from today I am going on vacation (first one in 19 years) to Clearwater Beach, FL. I'm hoping in 3 weeks I can be down 10 more pounds. I want to look a little bit hot on the beach!

To those of you out there having doubts about yourself, DON'T! You can do this. Break it down in whatever way you need to, just get started. We are all worth it. I know coming to this site helps me a lot, so thanks to all of you!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

I did not realize Pizza Hut was in Fort Worth (I made the Pizza hut leap from your screen name!) I hope you enjoy your time there but watch out for the BS artists! The place is lousy with em'!

I have lost 20 pounds officially in the two weeks since my surgery and was able to go to an oriental restaurant and have a cup of hot and sour soup. Inexpensive, and I like it! I noticed I did not bulge out of the chair and I was actually able to sit and enjoy the experience. One thing I did do was to take my time eating (if one can actually eat soup) I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people around me. It seems my dependence on food as a crutch is waning and that is the #1 goal.

While on your trip don't beat yourself up to rigidly stick to your diet. FLEX a little but do not break!

Enjoy and GREAT WORK! We will have to get together soon as I live just a short distance away!

Bill in KC
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Good catch Bill! I actually did work for the Hut for 17 years, but left 11 years ago. Now I am with a property management company and going to TX for some training. Yes, we are neighbors!

Great job on the eating out experience! I am not a huge Chinese food fan, but I do really like Kung Pao chicken and General's chicken, that's about it. I saw a recipe for WW General's chicken. If I ever have time, I might try it.

I am staying at the Hilton and they have a Ruth's Chris steak house there. I have always wanted to eat there, so I will probably bend a little that night!

Last edited by zahut; 06-08-2011 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Did not get to finish the first time!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default I made my first big goal

Yaaa I feel great I have reached my first big goal. I reached 199lb last weekend. My percentage of wieght loss is 25% and I feel great.
I have strived for this for years, I cannot remember this weight on my way up the scale because I never weighed myself but I think the last time I was this weight was early to mid twenty's.
I am turning 40 this summer and I want to be fit and 40 NOT fat and 40.
I love reading everyones accomplishments, I may not post much but I want you to know that you all motivate me and I am glad this thread is here.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by laujlauj
Yaaa I feel great I have reached my first big goal. I reached 199lb last weekend. My percentage of wieght loss is 25% and I feel great.
I have strived for this for years, I cannot remember this weight on my way up the scale because I never weighed myself but I think the last time I was this weight was early to mid twenty's.
I am turning 40 this summer and I want to be fit and 40 NOT fat and 40.
I love reading everyones accomplishments, I may not post much but I want you to know that you all motivate me and I am glad this thread is here.
Woo Hoo--into the "Ones"!!!

Congrats on that--it is a huge milestone, and I hope to join you there in the not-too-distant future. Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in a small town in Ky. one of the most beautiful places on earth!

Thanks Michael for inviting me to this thread. I started on fitday yesterday. Whew I weigh in on Wednesday mornings usually, and I will post the good the bad and the ugly. I thought I was at about 300 or was last week this morning it was 307.4 but that's not my heaviest I weighed in at 317 this past winter. I had a complete knee replacement on September 14th 2011, and gained 20 lbs during that time.The one think I took from that experience, besides the fact that it hurt worse then natural child birth is that I have always said i was big boned, the Dr. said I am so small boned that he had to put a size 4 implant in i don't know that much about them but he said it was small so I don't have that excuse anymore, and I have to loose my weight for the knee to hold me up. So Keep me on my toes people! I have 177 lbs to loose!! That's a overweight woman! HELP!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.