Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks bubbs, I think my body is the same way and I need to keep changing things up for results. When I am under my calorie limit once in a while I don't try to catch up after counting, I prefer to just stay under. Not sure if thats the best thing to do but I usually am not below my range by very much.

Random update again =
Today is my moms birthday and so I'll probably go over calorie on birthday treats (lol I can't say no). Were having hamburgers, salad, chips&salsa and of course b-day cake. this morning I had a rather large bowl of Vector cereal with craisins in it .. yum!
I at least managed to squeeze in time for a work out. Also does blowing up balloons count as exercise? kidding :P

Hope everyone is having a nice day and doing well
Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Awe thanks mike!, You'll be seeign a lot of me again
that's good. How have things been since your original post in the newbie section?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

Mike - Pretty good, I'm under my original weight which is good.. not much progress since last month. How've you been?
Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hello- I'm new to the discussion boards, but have been using fitday off and on for the past couple years.

I need to lose about 150 pounds, wow, it is tough even writing that. I am 33, my current weight is 335, and I am about 5'8".

Basically, the time to make changes is now. I am a workaholic and have a high stress job. Over the last 18 months, I have basically stopped taking good care of myself and have developed horrible eating habits (that is saying it nicely).

I am very private person when it comes to talking about this so I am hoping that maybe posting on the discussion boards will help me with that as well. I look forward to learning more about the people on this board...

NYCMike
Old 05-14-2011, 02:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
Hello- I'm new to the discussion boards, but have been using fitday off and on for the past couple years.

I need to lose about 150 pounds, wow, it is tough even writing that. I am 33, my current weight is 335, and I am about 5'8".

Basically, the time to make changes is now. I am a workaholic and have a high stress job. Over the last 18 months, I have basically stopped taking good care of myself and have developed horrible eating habits (that is saying it nicely).

I am very private person when it comes to talking about this so I am hoping that maybe posting on the discussion boards will help me with that as well. I look forward to learning more about the people on this board...

NYCMike
Mike, welcome!

Feel free to post as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. One of the nice things here is the basic level of anonymity. That being said, all of us here are or were where you're at with 100 or more (in my case, many more) pounds to lose.

If there's anything we can do to help, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default Clothes

Well I have cleaned out my closet and gotten rid of almost all my 3X, 2X and 1X clothes. I have kept a few sweats for lounging. The rest has been given away (I am in big trouble if I don't keep the weight off). In storage I found clothes from over the last 20 years that are sizes 18-22. Most are too big or . I misjudged how much I was decreasing in size I guess. So the really good news is that I can now buy clothes in a normal store, in the normal section. No need to go to the fat lady shop or the tent makers.

I actually bought a fitted sundress last week and wore it to work with a blazer....man did I feel great. I clearly have another 75lbs to go. However, if I feel this good now...look out cause I am going to feel amazing

I must admit I am somewhat impatient for the new me to emerge....so I am trying to swith the mindset and tell myself that the new me is emerging everyday, one day at a time.

Wishing you all a great day and week ahead.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Well I have cleaned out my closet and gotten rid of almost all my 3X, 2X and 1X clothes. I have kept a few sweats for lounging. The rest has been given away (I am in big trouble if I don't keep the weight off). In storage I found clothes from over the last 20 years that are sizes 18-22. Most are too big or . I misjudged how much I was decreasing in size I guess. So the really good news is that I can now buy clothes in a normal store, in the normal section. No need to go to the fat lady shop or the tent makers.

I actually bought a fitted sundress last week and wore it to work with a blazer....man did I feel great. I clearly have another 75lbs to go. However, if I feel this good now...look out cause I am going to feel amazing

I must admit I am somewhat impatient for the new me to emerge....so I am trying to swith the mindset and tell myself that the new me is emerging everyday, one day at a time.

Wishing you all a great day and week ahead.
I hear ya', Jacqueline--I'm getting to that impatient point as well. Of course, it now corresponds with the reduced rate of loss--sigh!

I just repeat the "slow and steady" mantra, and I KNOW it's the best way. We are programmed to want instant gratification, though, aren't we?

Probably a good idea to get rid of the "fat clothes". I didn't last time, but intend to this time. I wore one of my favorite 3x shirts the other day and it was quite baggy--time to retire them, I think. Still can't comfortably wear most of my XL shirts due to the remaining spare tire (though my chest almost has ribs showing--too bad we can't "spot reduce", eh?).

Have a great week and keep up the momentum!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-15-2011, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Probably a good idea to get rid of the "fat clothes". I didn't last time, but intend to this time. I wore one of my favorite 3x shirts the other day and it was quite baggy--time to retire them, I think. Still can't comfortably wear most of my XL shirts due to the remaining spare tire (though my chest almost has ribs showing--too bad we can't "spot reduce", eh?).

Have a great week and keep up the momentum!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael,

Re; the favourite 3X shirt. I hear ya. I have a sweat shirt from the superbowl a few years ago. The Steelers shirt is not leaving my closet. I put it on and my hubby was astounded and said I could wear it as a dress.

Wrt spot reducing? I am just happy to be reducing. Too much reductions still ahead of me to worry about proportions yet

Actually the one area where my size hasn't reduced is my cup size. My chest has gone from a 48 to a 41 but my bra cup size remains the same. Some may think this is good, but man is my back starting to feel the weight. Oh well, if things don't change, there are other solutions to that problem.

Have a good week everyone.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Good job both of you for having such dramatic results. All of my clothes fit pretty much the same still lol.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Good job both of you for having such dramatic results. All of my clothes fit pretty much the same still lol.
Well, remember, I'm over a year on this journey now--it didn't happen overnight. You'll have to update your wardrobe soon enough!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.