The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:20 PM
FitDay Member

im doing better today...thanks for asking. ive been fasting the last few days because of easter...and a cheeseburger sounds sooo good right now. lol
once i lose enough weight i will start trying to gain muscle too. how r u doing on your diet??
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by symphony'smom
im doing better today...thanks for asking. ive been fasting the last few days because of easter...and a cheeseburger sounds sooo good right now. lol
once i lose enough weight i will start trying to gain muscle too. how r u doing on your diet??
Well, not to open that whole can of worms, but I consider this a lifestyle change and not a "diet" (symantics, I know, but that's how I like to think of it as to me a "diet" implies that at some point it will end). I am doing well--glad to be back to normal (still not going to weigh in for a few more days, though).

I used to do the fasting thing--anywhere from a few days up to a full month. I've found that I can lose weight almost as fast eating a reasonable amount of calories so I don't do it any more. If it works for you, then that's great!

Have a nice Easter and don't overdo too badly!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

is very difficult to do it, especially weekend and holiday
Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

i weighed in this week...im 435lbs!!! im so excited. im losing 5 lbs a week.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I am so happy for you. Keep it up Mom, you are doing great!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Awesome--keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

seeing all you guys GETTING RID OF 100+ lbs make it sooo much easier to get rid of it myself. I myself need to get rid off over 100 pounds as well, but im doing it in 50 lb incriments along with my diet and excerise.

Last edited by chocolateteddy; 04-28-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: frick the word losing, we all are Getting Rid of that extra
Old 04-28-2011, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by chocolateteddy
seeing all you guys GETTING RID OF 100+ lbs make it sooo much easier to get rid of it myself. I myself need to get rid off over 100 pounds as well, but im doing it in 50 lb increments along with my diet and exercise.
Frick the word Diet too - From another thread+

Toss out the word cheat and that whole damn concept! You can't cheat, you have a lifestyle change going, a change to be better, healthier and happier with yourself. Life happens, happen with it. Then start right back up on your healthy life style. There is no cheat.

I have had a couple of well meaning friends say something like "you can't have this desert on your diet, would you like something else?". I always reply "I don't know who told you I am on a diet but they are a damn lier because I am not on I diet and never will be. I would love a small piece of that, and please never use that curse word diet in my presence again."

No diets, no cheating, easy empowering idea! Try it.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well how's everyone doing? I've gotta admit that I am a bit disappointed with my performance in April--only 5 pounds total loss. I think it's a combination of a plateau, a week at camp and being a bit fast and loose with the ol' food scale and measuring cup.

As I mentioned in the Challenge thread, I am feeling great and the running is getting easier. But, I really, really, really want to get another 54 pounds off and get under 200. That would still put me in the overweight category, but I'm pretty comfortable at that weight.

I think my last day of work for the summer is June 20th or thereabouts and I intend to commit to one hour of workout (probably P90x) every day--that ought to help me burn some cals and hopefully make a little muscle.

Take care everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-02-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Well how's everyone doing? I've gotta admit that I am a bit disappointed with my performance in April--only 5 pounds total loss. I think it's a combination of a plateau, a week at camp and being a bit fast and loose with the ol' food scale and measuring cup.

As I mentioned in the Challenge thread, I am feeling great and the running is getting easier. But, I really, really, really want to get another 54 pounds off and get under 200. That would still put me in the overweight category, but I'm pretty comfortable at that weight.

I think my last day of work for the summer is June 20th or thereabouts and I intend to commit to one hour of workout (probably P90x) every day--that ought to help me burn some cals and hopefully make a little muscle.

Take care everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Hey 5 pounds is still 5 pounds. That's still a victory in my book! I had a pretty good April... lost 11 pounds! I had lost another pound as of today too, so that puts me at 313. I'm hoping to break 300 ahead of schedule. I was looking to make it by the end of this challenge (preferably in time for my birthday July 2), but it looks like I might actually make it a month early. I should be able to knock off those 14 pounds this month, or at least pretty close, if I really knuckle down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.